Pages:
Author

Topic: Who is behind the inflating value of Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 611 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 251
It is an accumulation of all obvious factors, first the holders, then the new comers (increases by tens of thousands per day) and the mainstream adaptation. There is always full of good news this days, FUDs even is ignored and most of the time weak hands got matured because of experienced. This is what I know that makes bitcoin price moves like this.

It's primarily due to the demand of it globally by the newcomers and oldies who still want to top up their stock of bitcoins. This is the most dominant of all the factors you listed and nobody can be behind the millions of people around the world in order to influence bitcoin' inflation. Not possible in my books.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
It's clear that newcomers keep the market warm, and some national funds and some big banks may be entering the market. There are also some illegal transactions that need to be paid by bitcoin, and the amount is huge.

You just nailed it as there are huge number of newcomers to bitcoin who keep the price pimping due to the transactions and investments but they are not the main players as there are  huge transactions which happens through bitcoin by some illegal traders and corporates it's really hefty.

Honestly, I don't think there are a large amount of newcomers, and also don't believe that the grey hairs, Wall St. or financial advisor types are still all that convinced, adding it to their portfolios nor recommending it to others.  With of course some exceptions.  It's people like you and I, investing what we have to invest, and managing to get in & out at the right times and re-invest our profits along with our original capital.  We're by far the main driving force.

And let's not act like we're completely separate from this crowd that's using BTC on the deep web for "illegal purposes".  At least regarding the ones that got in the game early, I'd be willing to bet that's how you discovered cryptocurrency in the first place and Bitcoin in particular.  If the shoe doesn't fit then don't wear it, it's hardly a blanket statement so don't take it personally or get bent out of shape over it.  But it's likely the case for a good many here.
Activity: 392
Merit: 106
It is an accumulation of all obvious factors, first the holders, then the new comers (increases by tens of thousands per day) and the mainstream adaptation. There is always full of good news this days, FUDs even is ignored and most of the time weak hands got matured because of experienced. This is what I know that makes bitcoin price moves like this.
Activity: 62
I'm just wondering that maybe bitcoin inflates because some certain people can use it as an advantage in some aspects. If ever it is what would you think of the outcome? Is this good for us or bad?

Those "some certain people" are us.  The last thing I said, the last time I posted in here, was that this (Bitcoin) is our baby.  Not for the old guard and grey hairs, or the boys on Wall St.  It's for the young (for the most part), the techies, and to a fairly large degree people that deploy anonymity and either currently or at one time at least used the dark web and TOR.  Or at least, that's the demographic that discovered it the soonest when the value was still low.  And it sounds like you're implying something along the lines of insider trading.  I mentioned that as well.  Only again, it's us holding those reigns too.  I said that if a bunch of us coordinated ourselves together here and made decisions in numbers, and said:  "Buy, Buy, Buy!"... the price would climb steeply.  That's all it really is, only we have the benefit of actually being able to get away with something like that and it's just talking... or a recommendation/prediction.

Definitely good for us.  But... I still have a feeling that eventually something bad will happen and a bunch of people will lose their money.  Just a hunch.  The cover story will likely be that some super hacker ripped everyone off, who was of course so good he was completely untraceable.  But it will be an inside job.  I've said before that I think the value will grow to 35K before that happens, and possibly even a good bit more.  

Also we are probably in for a correction in the near future.  2 signs that almost always preclude a slide are 1)  Hitting a new high, and 2) The price growing stagnant after doing so.  Now you may be thinking:  "Wait, the price isn't stagnant, it just went up over 2K today at one point."  Well sure, but it also was already at 17K almost a week ago, dropped down to the high 14K's, climbed back up again, then down again, then back to 17K again, and now as I look I see it going down into the 16's.  So for pretty much a week straight it's been teetering between the upper 14K's to the 17K's, back & forth.  And this correction could very well make that one we had when we went from 6700 to like 5200 look like a mere speed bump.  We are after all dealing with larger numbers and fluctuations now.  I mean heck, that was only a 1500 dive.  It seemed like a lot then, but now that happens all in a normal days work.  

Activity: 644
Merit: 250
I'm just wondering that maybe bitcoin inflates because some certain people can use it as an advantage in some aspects. If ever it is what would you think of the outcome? Is this good for us or bad?
Bitcion doens't have any inflation. The total supply was limited. The inflation mean if there will be unlimited supply that will be dumped to thge market. Just like lisk coin. Without the supply limit and there will be a lot of the chance to the lisk market gets very high inflation. All of these pumps caused by the new comers are trying to use the bitcoin.
Activity: 623
Merit: 262
It's clear that newcomers keep the market warm, and some national funds and some big banks may be entering the market. There are also some illegal transactions that need to be paid by bitcoin, and the amount is huge.

You just nailed it as there are huge number of newcomers to bitcoin who keep the price pimping due to the transactions and investments but they are not the main players as there are  huge transactions which happens through bitcoin by some illegal traders and corporates it's really hefty.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
basicly its supply and demand bro you know the bitcoin supply is limited right ? and the demand is very high and dont forget about the value of bitcoin tech like  blockchain its new kind technology   Wink
I think it's not only depend on the supplies and demands. Actually there people who have money to control this world inflation.

And these people do it by increasing the supply of bitcoin on the market or creating a shortage of it. It is that simple demand and supply that regulates inflation on the stock exchange and on several other forex platforms and bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are no exception.
Activity: 344
Merit: 11
basicly its supply and demand bro you know the bitcoin supply is limited right ? and the demand is very high and dont forget about the value of bitcoin tech like  blockchain its new kind technology   Wink
I think it's not only depend on the supplies and demands. Actually there people who have money to control this world inflation.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
@ the african exchange http://golix.com. Bitcoin is trading as high as $30,000+ per BTC there.

Arbitrage plays between exchanges where bitcoin is trading high, and ones where its trading low, could be playing a role in pushing bitcoins price higher. Selling btc for $30k on golix, moving fiat to another exchange to buy btc for $17k Moving btc to sell for $30k again is a win/win trading strategy. The implications of it could be an uptrend in crypto prices as arb traders are able to sell at increasingly higher prices while still managing to maintain their profit margins.

Arbitrage is probably the most neglected cause of the recent increase in btc price. Chinese and south korean exchanges which charge no commission on trades could also play a role. I wouldn't go so far as to say btc is a bubble yet, although we may be witnessing something like a "perfect storm" of variables aligning to produce the price movements we see now.

Bitcoin has often peaked at the end of the year during its history. Countries are dropping the dollar as a reserve currency to protect themselves in the event of worst case scenarios. People no longer trust fiat and are seeking alternatives. Bitcoin is outperforming central banks in africa and other nations which puts it in high demand. The number of bitcoin traders is said to double every 12 months. There are many different forces behind the recent price uptrend.
Activity: 625
Merit: 125
The more mainstream media coverage bitcoin has, the more people will buy it and convert fiat to bitcoin.
Bitcoin surpassing analyst forecast of 6,000 and reaching ath of 17,000+ shows the increasing demand for it.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
one of the determinants of bitcoin price movement is our own as market participants, if we continue to sell on the assets we have then the price of the asset will be more and more will decrease in price, and vice versa when we continue to buy then the price will be pushed up from before, the most basic legal laws of supply and demand apply here.
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
the good effect is the profits become big, then more big investors join, and the bad influence is the system becomes uncontrolled so it can hamper every transaction
Activity: 149
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
No one. People always like sharing their conspiracy theories that there's a group of people who is controlling Bitcoin from the shadows, but they all have one thing in common: they don't have a single shred of concrete evidence. Bitcoin has been growing since its inception so it's just natural for it to reach these heights. It's really how fast it has been going that's been raising eyebrows. However, if you look at it from a percentage stand point, it's not even that much; Ethereum had more growth this year.

Either way, all the holders benefit from the rising value. That's the beauty of it.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
you need to first read what "inflation" means and then study more about supply and how that affects it and compare it with demand.

right now like always bitcoin is something that is called "scarce" because there is simply not enough of it. the supply is going to be limited. and meanwhile the adoption for this limited currency is increasing day by day. specially when it hit mainstream adoption.
anyone can see how bitcoin is underpriced now.
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
December 11, 2017, 02:35:40 AM
People create a demand for it and many newcomers want to join this stream, here's the price for you. Now many sell others keep at home and eventually it will either stabilize or completely fall, but when it falls, then sales will be even greater.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
December 11, 2017, 02:34:52 AM
Tons and tons of new traders thinking that they're going to be able to get rich off of Bitcoin, I've heard so many of my friends just NOW starting to come around and asking me if they'd be able to buy Bitcoin -- because they think it's going to skyrocket and they want to get in on the 'ground floor' little do these people know,  I was crazy when I was talking about Bitcoin at $400 a pop.

Plus the big whales, who are instigating all of the new traders with fake news stories, fake twitter pushers, etc.
Activity: 686
Merit: 502
December 11, 2017, 02:25:24 AM
A very good solution for the world economy is to link free cash with bitcoin. Some national and commercial banks have a huge surplus of fiat money. They do not know what to do with them. Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 12
December 11, 2017, 01:33:30 AM
Do u tell your grandmother to buy btc?
Pages:
Jump to: