Pages:
Author

Topic: Who is buying above $13? Manipulation or Market? - page 4. (Read 8610 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 251
I wish there was a real options market on this.  I would put most of my money into long term puts right now.  

There is.
http://www.glbse.com is probably the best, bitoption.org is just starting out

You can buy long term futures and soon options for BTC, and sites like Mt. Gox and Camp. BX are adding support for it if you read their websites.
The fact is, you can't analyze the bitcoin market. After you find out the options exist, you wont have the guts to do anything.

The price is very volatile, the market is too small at this point and influenced by bots and occassional large buy orders/offloading of hoarders
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Normal is defined by how many more suckers are willing to buy in to this pyramid.  This thing fluctuates 20% like its nothing.  Bitcoin could go to .50 tomorrow.
So wait, you say "pyramid", but then what you say afterwards doesn't describe a pyramid at all. Huh
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Isnt it funny how most of the posters predicting bitcoin's imminent destruction/devaulation nearly always seem to have been around for 20-50 posts ?

Latecomers hoping to scare people into selling so they can buy in cheaper ?  Sour Grapes ?  
If they're really so convinced that BTC is on the way down permanently, then why not just sell out, and piss off ?  

Why would they take the trouble to hang around crying doom ?   Ulterior Motives I suspect..  

or do the Trolls really have nothing better to do than watch graphs and cry chicken little at every dip ?  
Surely there is a Warcraft game out there that needs griefers, some IRC channels to spam or something ?

Wasnt there an options market I saw somewhere that you could go an put your money where your mouth is and stand by your predictions ?

If you're still here posting the-end-is-nigh posts after a while, you start to sound like a cracked record imo.

Haha, so true...

The OP:  Date Registered:   June 09, 2011, 11:48:20 pm
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
yesterday was panic selling. i did buy at 12. now its going back to normal 15+ possibly a new all time high. then im selling the ons i buyed at 12

you noob just don't understand whats panic, and whats is normal. Cheesy

15$ is normal?  Since last week?  Yesterday?  1$ was normal not too long ahhgo.  Normal is defined by how many more suckers are willing to buy in to this pyramid.  This thing fluctuates 20% like its nothing.  Bitcoin could go to .50 tomorrow.

So why are you here?
Or is this another jealous unemployed bum who is mad he didn't buy coins when they were 0.02 a piece

As an active trader in real markets I am finding this a great way to view the thought process of the losing trader and bubble sucker.  I've never seen it presented so clearly before.

I wish there was a real options market on this.  I would put most of my money into long term puts right now. 

I have no motives or money on this,  just bored at work and this is very entertaining.
Activity: 95
 I bought at 15.7 on Saturday, perhaps a bit high for now. Probably will sell near there (missed 15.5) and play about.
Activity: 153
Isnt it funny how most of the posters predicting bitcoin's imminent destruction/devaulation nearly always seem to have been around for 20-50 posts ?

Latecomers hoping to scare people into selling so they can buy in cheaper ?  Sour Grapes ?  
If they're really so convinced that BTC is on the way down permanently, then why not just sell out, and piss off ?  

Why would they take the trouble to hang around crying doom ?   Ulterior Motives I suspect..  

or do the Trolls really have nothing better to do than watch graphs and cry chicken little at every dip ?  
Surely there is a Warcraft game out there that needs griefers, some IRC channels to spam or something ?

Wasnt there an options market I saw somewhere that you could go an put your money where your mouth is and stand by your predictions ?

If you're still here posting the-end-is-nigh posts after a while, you start to sound like a cracked record imo.
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
yesterday was panic selling. i did buy at 12. now its going back to normal 15+ possibly a new all time high. then im selling the ons i buyed at 12

15$ is normal?  Since last week?  Yesterday?  1$ was normal not too long ago.  Normal is defined by how many more suckers are willing to buy in to this pyramid.  This thing fluctuates 20% like its nothing.  Bitcoin could go to .50 tomorrow.

So why are you here?
Or is this another jealous unemployed bum who is mad he didn't buy coins when they were 0.02 a piece
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
Normal is defined by how many more suckers are willing to buy in to this pyramid.

Today's sucker could be tomorrow's genius.
Activity: 69

15$ is normal?  Since last week?  Yesterday?  1$ was normal not too long ago.  Normal is defined by how many more suckers are willing to buy in to this pyramid.  This thing fluctuates 20% like its nothing.  Bitcoin could go to .50 tomorrow.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
The bitcoin has consistently demonstrated that it will go lower and continue to reach new lows. Yet, it is currently trading close to $15 dollars.
Here is where I stopped reading.

It is where I thought that he is trying to spoof it or be ironical. Next few sentences, though, demonstrated that he was probably serious.

Somebody has not seen yet panic buying, I guess.

Activity: 224
The bitcoin has consistently demonstrated that it will go lower and continue to reach new lows. Yet, it is currently trading close to $15 dollars.
Here is where I stopped reading.
Activity: 74
Merit: 1
All trends are eventually broken. We'll see if it's a legit break out or fake out. I'm just waiting to see more clarity.
legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
Or how I would like to put it, who is dumb enough to buy at $15 now, when it was just $11 yesterday, and will probably hit that again very shortly?

Who is dumb enough to sell at $15 when the price was over $30 not so long ago?

Who is dumb enough to believe the $30 spike was based on genuine fundamentals?  The price crashed from $30 to $10 within 2 days.  That is not a sign of a healthy and rational market.  It was based on new speculators piling in.  "Hey, the price is going up.  Time to buy more!"  I hope many people got burned at the $30 price.  It's not to sound mean, but believing bitcoin's price should follow an exponential curve is very silly.  By the end of the year one bitcoin would buy a nice car.  Everyone on this forum would be a millionaire.  Fantastic.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!

Activity: 168
maybe incoming money combined with interesting and better media coverage brought the bulls.

People hustling to get money in during the fall to 11 yesterday finally had their funds by the afternoon and bought bought bought when they saw a decent wall at 10?
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Well if you have bitcoins and you think 15 is way over market value, why not offload? Then buy them back for 11 in a few days time...
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin
Or how I would like to put it, who is dumb enough to buy at $15 now, when it was just $11 yesterday, and will probably hit that again very shortly?

Who is dumb enough to sell at $15 when the price was over $30 not so long ago?
Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Who would be buying at these prices?

What i think is either speculators are only buying to try and sell at a small spread, so they do not care what the price is, as they will sell very short term.

Manipulators are trying to maintain price and are trying to keep the price high so that they can build confidence in bitcoin and sell the majority of their bitcoins higher?

Your average investor just thinks bitcoins are worth it, and are buying them up.

I can not see the average investor buying bitcoins at this price, knowing that it will most likely continue a downward trend, and they could also wait a few days and buy low.

So what is going on? What is causing the price to continue going higher after it has been hitting new lows? Or how I would like to put it, who is dumb enough to buy at $15 now, when it was just $11 yesterday, and will probably hit that again very shortly?

Pages:
Jump to: