Pages:
Author

Topic: who lost all their btc from mintpal? - page 2. (Read 5104 times)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250
October 11, 2014, 04:49:14 PM
never store coins in exchanges - esp when they speka of upgrding.
upgrading in 90% cases = fail Smiley

Cryptsy is actually the only exchange I store my coins.. also got a rebate because of it, so that's good too.
I have 100% trust towards Cryptsy, that's because they have always responded and they are always nice towards you.

Support and trust is everything, it overweight the site. I just hope that other exchanges would see that too..

I have to agree Cryptsy support is very good, I was never left in the limbo and yes I had problems but they were solved...

meanwhile several markets still missing at Mintpal.

I've also had some problems with Cryptsy back in the days. One time I cancelled a trade order and my coins just disappeared (wasn't credited back to my balance).
Just made a ticket and they refunded me within some hours - fair and square.
October 11, 2014, 04:47:30 PM
You must store your cryptos in your own wallet and your own computer, not at a centralized exchange. That's what crypto currencies' goal is - people must be their own bank, not rely on third party.

It's pretty hard to trade if you have all your coins in your local wallet. Isn't it?
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
October 11, 2014, 12:12:19 PM
BTC withdraw already disabled?

any news about restore it?
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
October 11, 2014, 10:37:23 AM
Well done, staying away from alts as the infrastructure is like BTC 2 years ago.  I have lost 2 million Doge on MCXnow, and 5 million Doge on mintpal, another crypto lesson learned.  Fingers crossed Crypsty are a bit more stable till I trade back to BTC, they seem to be a bit more organised.
imho bittrex has invested much effort into their ui. After you get used to it, it is a very nice interface and is easy to flow through. The opposite of mintpal right now.

Yeh I am sure I have just been unlucky as most exchanges are not total F*ck ups like these two, but for me it's enough to worry about your own opsec for BTC to also be messing around with this crap as well.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
October 11, 2014, 10:30:46 AM
Well done, staying away from alts as the infrastructure is like BTC 2 years ago.  I have lost 2 million Doge on MCXnow, and 5 million Doge on mintpal, another crypto lesson learned.  Fingers crossed Crypsty are a bit more stable till I trade back to BTC, they seem to be a bit more organised.
imho bittrex has invested much effort into their ui. After you get used to it, it is a very nice interface and is easy to flow through. The opposite of mintpal right now.
October 11, 2014, 10:20:21 AM
Activity: 896
October 11, 2014, 10:16:45 AM
I was only able to withdraw by converting my btc to pnd and then withdrawing the pnd. Everytime I tried to withdraw btc it got stuck at "awaiting confirmation" and "pending". I am good now sans about 14 million karma.
October 11, 2014, 10:13:03 AM
I now assume mine are stolen/lost now also.  They send out the odd crap tweet about fixing things but my account is frozen, cannot log in, and no word from support for nearly a week.  If you can get out do.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
October 11, 2014, 12:10:35 AM
moolah/moopay/mintpal still has not returned my coins I had with them prior to the v2 migration. now i assume my coins have been stolen as they did not respond to my ticket for over 3 days.
October 10, 2014, 03:18:02 AM

Cryptsy is actually the only exchange I store my coins.. also got a rebate because of it, so that's good too.
I have 100% trust towards Cryptsy, that's because they have always responded and they are always nice towards you.

Support and trust is everything, it overweight the site. I just hope that other exchanges would see that too..
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001
October 09, 2014, 11:53:22 PM
sue them..they are a UK based company  Grin
Activity: 672
http://fuk.io - check it out!
October 09, 2014, 08:27:36 PM
Activity: 252
Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator
October 09, 2014, 08:22:40 PM
MintPal before Moolah stepped in was actually really good when Jay was running the show... now I would not touch Mint with a ten-foot pole. (AVOID!) Smiley

Who remembers the XC volume at 10K on MintPal? Oh, how times change. Tongue I was one of the first to trade on the exchange at the very beginning. KARM-PENG-MINT! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Yeah, Mintpal had huge volume lately. It was overtaking cryptsy. Jay and Jason seemed to run it pretty well, who knows. I guess they also got tired of all the problems of having to deal with 4523453 coins whose developers screw up or don't notify hard forks and so on, and cause problems at the exchange. Maybe they just saw a good opportunity to exit and took it.
Activity: 364
SpainCoin.org
October 09, 2014, 07:08:58 PM
I always withdraw everything when I read news of big changes like mintpal v2 so I did not lost anything.

exchanges = centralization point, you have to be careful.
The vericoin snafu was the turning point. As far as we know, anything else could have been stolen and this could be another cryptorush.
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006
October 09, 2014, 06:27:52 PM
Did you lose your v1 transaction history? I'm not talking about coins, just transaction history. Mine's blank.

They didn't scamigrate that, as far as I know.
Activity: 216
Merit: 10
Live, Hope, Win
October 09, 2014, 04:19:59 PM
I always withdraw everything when I read news of big changes like mintpal v2 so I did not lost anything.

exchanges = centralization point, you have to be careful.

Did you lose your v1 transaction history? I'm not talking about coins, just transaction history. Mine's blank.
legendary
Activity: 1274
October 09, 2014, 04:11:33 PM
i can't log in, all my btc is gone! i had 5 btc in there....no record of me at all

reset your password. it has worked for tons of people who got invalid username/pass

once you log in do not send our coins all at once. send out a minimal withdrawal as a test. then slowly send them out in increments to minimize loss in transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
October 09, 2014, 04:07:46 PM
I have never been convinced due to the lack of transparency from these businesses.
Activity: 364
SpainCoin.org
October 09, 2014, 08:27:08 AM

If any of you are interested, I have the http://mintpal.exchange/ new domain for sale. PM offers
Auction is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mintpalexchange-new-domain-name-817295
Activity: 644
October 09, 2014, 08:00:10 AM
I had some money on there too. When I heard moolah took over, I quickly withdrew all my BTC. After they FINALLY released their fugly exchange, I decided to move all my altcoin funds too. Now I have nothing there.
Gonna miss you, Mintpal
Pages:
Jump to: