Pages:
Author

Topic: Who reads the whitepaper of a crypto-project? - page 2. (Read 510 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 10
White Paper is a complete proposal about a project that will be made by a developer or startup company. The main goal is to get approval and public support so that the projects they work on can work.

From the understanding I am sure it is clear, if someone wants to invest in a project, I am sure investors will read the White Paper
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
IF  you want to figure out in which project you can invest and earn.  Without any doubts, your investment should take into consideration the information of WP.
Activity: 38
Merit: 2
Just curious if you guys read the whitepapers of the projects you want to invest in at some point?

I'm a fan (hence my site), but I always wonder what kind of research people do on coins before throwing money at it.

John
www.allcryptowhitepapers.com

This is a nice idea mate! I also suggest that you can summarize all the technicals in a certain whitepaper as well as if you can have like a verdict if a certain whitepaper is a lousy one or can hit a home run.

That would be awesome, but I'm busy enough as it is with adding & updating whitepapers  Smiley. Pretty difficult as well since you have to be really tech savvy to get to the core of the tech and make a solid assessment of how they're going to solve a problem...I think other people will be better in that  Grin. Definitely love the suggestion though, would've been a good addition to the site.
Activity: 528
Merit: 100
Before I join in a ICO, I read first its whitepaper for me to find out if the ico has potential in the market. You can also find out if the project is scam through reading whitepaper. It is really good if we will read ico first.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
As a bounty hunter, I select my project to promote and really do some extensive research before promotion. Even as an investor you really need to understand the concept of the project and confirm whether such a concept is practicable or realizable. You get good input from the project's white paper for your analysis and then decide whether to go ahead or not.
Activity: 518
Merit: 145
most of the old investors are bigger timers, they will not be bored when the whitepaper is reading before they start investing and they know whitepapers that have no value, rather than just the beginners to even read the whitepaper content we still have no curiosity, so sometimes it often stumbles. How often do you write in a whitepaper is pretty good that says it's a good idea to accumulate tokens and good projects so you're always upset.
Whitepapers are basically there for every investor to have a full idea of the project and the basic reasons why it would pay them in the long run, what they have in store, their plans and all that. Generally, when it comes to a project, the plan should be detailed, but like someone rightly said, it is always imperative to check if other things are in place such as the team and the product before wasting your time on the details. If it is not worth paying attention to, you will know immediately before you start reading the whitepaper.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 503
Just curious if you guys read the whitepapers of the projects you want to invest in at some point?

I'm a fan (hence my site), but I always wonder what kind of research people do on coins before throwing money at it.

John

This is a nice idea mate! I also suggest that you can summarize all the technicals in a certain whitepaper as well as if you can have like a verdict if a certain whitepaper is a lousy one or can hit a home run.
Activity: 485
Merit: 250
Research and analysis of white paper is one of the main components in the selection of the project. Not everyone reads the white paper, but if you carefully analyze it, you can understand how promising the project. This is important.
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
I actually do! But not until I have scrutinized the team, be sure I am OK with the MVP and have a lot of conviction within me it should be a solid project before I do so. Whitepaper is always the thing I look at last, and which in this case, I want to be getting a definite understanding of the project, the business solutions and every other perks that comes with being an investor. However, I do not want to be stressing myself reading something that can easily be dubbed by scammers, while leaving out the important things to take note of first.
Activity: 38
Merit: 2
Thanks for all the interesting insights everyone!

I think we can agree that you should take a look at the whitepaper at some point in your research, but there are many other things that are also good to check out before you become an investor. Such as asking questions to the team, checking out the community and their feeling toward the project and its team, double-checking the website for any updates in the roadmap or token allocation etc. But even if your research is great, you should always keep an eye out for scams by regularly checking up on all these factors.

Keep sharing Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
most of the old investors are bigger timers, they will not be bored when the whitepaper is reading before they start investing and they know whitepapers that have no value, rather than just the beginners to even read the whitepaper content we still have no curiosity, so sometimes it often stumbles. How often do you write in a whitepaper is pretty good that says it's a good idea to accumulate tokens and good projects so you're always upset.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
I know whitepaper should be the first thing you look at for an ICO but it is one of the last things I check before I invest.
I definitely think it is crucially important and I do not mean last thing I check in importance, it is definitely as important as anything else, I just mean last thing as in the sorting of it. I prefer to check the public hype before anything else.

If there is hype about a coin that is coming up the next thing I usually look at the team that is developing the coin and if I heard of any of them before, I mean if vitalik came out with a new coin we would all join probably.

After those are done I check the whitepaper and see if it is fixing any problem that needs a vigorous immediate solution. Last time I did all of them I purchased few coins and that didn't work for me so this is not a guarantee it will work for all the investors and all the times. Investing in cryptos is slowing moving toward a point where people simply risk their hard earned money in the name of gambling.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

John

actually  reading white paper of the project is the common technique of some investors ,wherein to determine easily the project . But i have no idea if that manner is worth it and effective.  Because mostly project nowadays always suddenly turn into scam even it has good testimonials and white paper.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

for the few coins i've invested in---definitely. you need to study the fundamentals before investing, and reading shitty whitepapers is one of the easiest ways to quickly pass on bad projects.

but when it comes to trading, i'm looking for bullish chart patterns + liquidity + hype. and really nothing else. for me, altcoins are mostly just for short term speculation.
Activity: 82
Merit: 0
Whitepaper is the thing which describes briefly about that project so if someone doesn't ready to read that then they are just gambling with their money since the quality of the project can be obtained only after deep research about project with all the possible ways.
This might be categorized as an advertisement that always offers goodness, indeed an advertisement does not all work according to what is promoted, but at least there is an effort to achieve that goal, without a good crypto promotion that will not be understood by some of the world community.
Activity: 826
Merit: 252

John

I don't see or read white paper again because when project goes everything look's great for me. White paper is just explanation about project idea but as investor I need to know how they works to built trust and performance, the project must go first. Second opinion is I need to see how good they built communication with us because I believe many problems will comes up, as long they can give us solution in easy way that's enough.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609

John

A must thing to be done by a certain investor which WP is already be the main thing should be read up because on this you would able to know on whats
the project is all about you would have the idea if it do have the potential or just an another copy-cat project around that wont really be worth to invest.
On the site you gave, it do shows basically the definition of WP.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 295
GOD is TRUE
I often use it as a record for the depth of the project. but I only take a few important points, reading the whitepaper too often will make us accustomed because they look very similar to other projects through detailed paragraph arrangement. I am more interested in directly contacting the developer via telegram with various active questions to convince myself as potential investors / traders of their coins.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
I used to read whitepapers all the time when I used to invest into alts, and I can say that it’s actually quite easy to identify what whitepapers are made simply to impress investors and are chock-full of buzzwords and which ones are written with a true purpose and show that a coin or token has potential. It does take some time to read whitepapers and things about crypto in general, but you should be able to find which whitepapers are of good quality and which ones aren’t within the first page or two and discontinue reading accordingly if the whitepapers you’re reading isn’t worth reading.

A whitepaper can also greatly help you understand the basics of a cryptocurrency and its purpose if you have the reading ability and time to do so. If you or someone else don’t know a whole lot about a coin or token, reading the whitepaper of the crypto in question should help out.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
So many investors never give yield to reading the whitepapers before making the investment, at the end run at lose. Whitepaper in any project is the guild line or the phase in which the said project will exhibit from it developmental stage to it completion. Before i invest on any project i do a thorough research on the whitepapers and the RoadMap before invest on the project, just to be sure its will lead to scam.

Yes, I would tend to agree that the "not to technical" investors won't even know what a Whitepaper is because they just invested because of the hype. And then they all bitching around when they've been scammed already. I'm not investor except for one coin that I carry today and so far it seems to be very good in my opinion. But to be fair, there are also investors reading white paper and doing their due diligence before investing.
Pages:
Jump to: