Pages:
Author

Topic: Who reads the whitepaper of a crypto-project? - page 3. (Read 510 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257
LuckyB.it is Back!
Just curious if you guys read the whitepapers of the projects you want to invest in at some point?

I'm a fan (hence my site), but I always wonder what kind of research people do on coins before throwing money at it.

John
www.allcryptowhitepapers.com

All the projects are describe our white paper because it is explain the potential of projects but some peoples are not highlight the security and future development so many projects are failed in the market. So I always ignore the website analysis so I just surfing the bitcointalk and read the OP post then check the direct growth is best option.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 30
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
So many investors never give yield to reading the whitepapers before making the investment, at the end run at lose. Whitepaper in any project is the guild line or the phase in which the said project will exhibit from it developmental stage to it completion. Before i invest on any project i do a thorough research on the whitepapers and the RoadMap before invest on the project, just to be sure its will lead to scam.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
Just curious if you guys read the whitepapers of the projects you want to invest in at some point?

I'm a fan (hence my site), but I always wonder what kind of research people do on coins before throwing money at it.

John

Whitepaper is one of the tools to determine if the ico project is legit or not. With this we can see how the project will run and can tell us the

usages of their utility token too. We can also see who's the person behind the project either.
Activity: 234
Merit: 0
Whitepaper is a written documents about the evolution of a project. How the project will be handle and things that will be Introduced in the foreseeable future. Most people who want to invest in a particular project always read the White paper to know the plans of the Developer before investing.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
December 03, 2018, 09:33:09 AM
Whitepaper is the thing which describes briefly about that project so if someone doesn't ready to read that then they are just gambling with their money since the quality of the project can be obtained only after deep research about project with all the possible ways.
Activity: 38
Merit: 2
December 03, 2018, 08:57:59 AM

John

I will take a quick look at the founder's ideas and how they sell their tokens. I always refuse to invest in ICO projects offering high bonus rates. I think this is a low valuation of the token and that will make it easier for the whales to manipulate the company in the future.

Absolutely! This is usually embedded in the whitepaper and it takes reading it to find out. I equally take a pass on ICOs with humongous bonuses for private investors/VCs and no known lock-in periods for such bonuses.

yeah, token allocation is so important! Same as lock-up period for the team, you don't want to run the risk that the team can dump 25% extra tokens on the market after a year or so.
December 03, 2018, 08:21:51 AM

John

I don't really have time to read all of those things inside a whitepaper. What is the since of reading it if the project will still turn into a scam later on?

Ofcourse reading a whitepaper is not a guarantee that the projects doesn't end up being a scam, but it could sure help to filter those kind of projects beforehand. I wrote a small article a while ago on recognizing those scams > https://blokt.com/security/how-crypto-whitepaper-research-can-help-you-to-avoid-scams.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
December 03, 2018, 08:11:11 AM

John

I don't really have time to read all of those things inside a whitepaper. What is the since of reading it if the project will still turn into a scam later on?
Activity: 126
Merit: 5
December 03, 2018, 07:32:48 AM

John

I will take a quick look at the founder's ideas and how they sell their tokens. I always refuse to invest in ICO projects offering high bonus rates. I think this is a low valuation of the token and that will make it easier for the whales to manipulate the company in the future.

Absolutely! This is usually embedded in the whitepaper and it takes reading it to find out. I equally take a pass on ICOs with humongous bonuses for private investors/VCs and no known lock-in periods for such bonuses.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
December 03, 2018, 07:03:54 AM

John

December 03, 2018, 06:57:34 AM
Yeah agreed, some whitepapers are poorly written and full of buzzwords which only confuse people. There's a trend going on that whitepapers are released after they've started development and have more of an idea which direction the project is going, which could make the whitepaper a better representation of what the project is really about.
Activity: 196
December 03, 2018, 06:10:16 AM
A lot of people in this space do take out quality time to read whitepapers to at least understanding what they're putting their money into. Unfortunately, this in itself doesn't imply it's a prerequisite for investing in a great project. This is because whitepapers are fast becoming nicely written fancy documents with no real intent of achieving
December 03, 2018, 06:03:34 AM

John
Pages:
Jump to: