Pages:
Author

Topic: who's going to make the first 50 T/H miner? - page 2. (Read 2465 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Never done.

There is a whole thread about that.

Do your research.

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I bet we will stick to 28nm for the whole year.

Nobody achieved asic of 20nm so far.

You are so wrong. The new KnCMiner Neptunes use a 20nm chip.
http://www.coindesk.com/kncminer-finalizes-design-worlds-first-20nm-bitcoin-asic-miner/
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
Thats the problem,  too many people are worried about efficiency by the time it takes to make a design 20-30% more efficient other companies are pushing out what they have and pushing the hashrate 5x. Thats why btc mining will meet an inflection point very soon and the arms race will have to slow down with the pot of gold harder to get.  Wouldnt make sense to spend 10 million to mine 1 million. Buy the coins is better.
Bitmain, sure.

But dont forget that chip size is not the most important factor of development, but mostly consumption of w/ghs.

The company shipping the most miners out now are still on 55nm too

The problem is the chips wont be getting much faster. 20nm chips is about as far as they will go for quite some time. My prediction is you won't see 10TH rigs till next year

What if we get to 1nm? Then all we can do is build ridiculously large rigs with loads of chips in them, so it has more hashrate.

we won't get to even 18 in the near future besides the fact it will be too expensive.  On top of that difficulty would be over 1 trillion.

So what if it's too expensive? You know that all manufacturers price the devices too high, and its actual manufacturing cost is much lower?
They can simply use them to mine themselves, and literally grab the whole network.

When difficulty reaches about 15 billion which will be soon, that is close to the actual cost of machines now. About $600 per TH. If they cant make profit mining or reselling equipment capital spending on research and development will slow down or stop.  Alot of asic companies will disappear by the end of this year.
The problem is the chips wont be getting much faster. 20nm chips is about as far as they will go for quite some time. My prediction is you won't see 10TH rigs till next year

What if we get to 1nm? Then all we can do is build ridiculously large rigs with loads of chips in them, so it has more hashrate.

we won't get to even 18 in the near future besides the fact it will be too expensive.  On top of that difficulty would be over 1 trillion.

So what if it's too expensive? You know that all manufacturers price the devices too high, and its actual manufacturing cost is much lower?
They can simply use them to mine themselves, and literally grab the whole network.

When will Bitcoin difficulty get to a point where it will no longer be profitable for the average person?

Never.

As soon as there is electric price differentiation everywhere in the world.

Also, worst competitor of massive farms, is the hobbyists and people uneducated about ROI issues.

I'm waiting for the farms to disappear near.

Activity: 490
Merit: 501
Also, worst competitor of massive farms, is the hobbyists and people uneducated about ROI issues.

this.
When will Bitcoin difficulty get to a point where it will no longer be profitable for the average person?

Never.

As soon as there is electric price differentiation everywhere in the world.

Now

And not only that but what is the cost for this miner? 10 th at 15-20k retail? Even the manufacture cost 6-7k @ 200 billion difficulty doesn't make much back.
50th miner will not be cost effective because difficulty will be too high by then.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
I don't want buy any rig for now, price is even high than buy bitcoin directly!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
50 T/H miner hm.. what about 1 PH miner Smiley
Activity: 210
You must've missed this 25 TH/s miner then:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/photonicmining-official-thread-513181

I know I know SCAM, but fun when it lasted.   Roll Eyes

25 T/H at 370 watts...lololololol...   one guy responded "how do you plan on achieving 25 T/H at 370watts? and don't be shy about the technical specs."  Cheesy
Activity: 166
Pages:
Jump to: