Pages:
Author

Topic: Whose Crimea - page 3. (Read 1610 times)

Activity: 870
Merit: 125
September 29, 2017, 10:25:46 AM
I've been to Crimea before the annexation.
I don't think the people there would have any difference living in Russia or Ukraine.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1022
September 29, 2017, 10:09:36 AM
The UN Human Rights Mission has found in the Crimea serious violations and even such as kidnapping, torture and cases of extrajudicial execution, let alone forcibly coercing people to transfer to Russian citizenship. http://www.interfax.ru/russia/580452?utm_source=mst_rd

Moscow's reaction is interesting: "We believe that this is not in the competence of the observation mission." That's nothing more or less. And what then should be in the competence of the human rights mission? Someone can give a reasonable answer to this question.
Activity: 560
Merit: 252
September 17, 2016, 09:01:56 PM
According to the latest referandum, Crimea belongs to Russia. People live there voted for this and it is done. They didn't want to stay with Ukraine, they have chosen to join Russia. A big kick to the Ukraine and Europe. In the 21th century, Russia gained land. That's a huuuge huge huge success for Russia.
You have a Turkish background. Kurds voted for independence. Do you have the same opinion about Kurdistan?

Yes totally! Self determination... it's not ideal... but it's already a progress. What is funny is that Crimean have the right to a peaceful life while the Syrians (who like the novorossians) wanted a new life are forbidden and killed. Lame, sad and weak.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
September 17, 2016, 06:54:05 PM
"People voted on referandum to join Russia" Not exactly that. Firstly Russia send their army forces to Crimea, they beated Ukraine army. And only then was referandum, which was controlled by Russia, so it wasn't 100% free people choice. This is why almost all countries didn't accepted Crimea as part of Russia. I would understand if Crimea would had referandum without Russia intervention.

So according to your view, they literally occupied the land. Well, that was always the way how it worked since the beginning. If you are strong you go and you take what you want. "survival of the fittest" Ukraine didn't have the power to hold Crimea, so Russia took it from Ukraine. No big deal.

You don't give your land just because they asked it. You fight for it and the stronger wins.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1338
Slava Ukraini!
September 17, 2016, 06:36:13 PM
"People voted on referandum to join Russia" Not exactly that. Firstly Russia send their army forces to Crimea, they beated Ukraine army. And only then was referandum, which was controlled by Russia, so it wasn't 100% free people choice. This is why almost all countries didn't accepted Crimea as part of Russia. I would understand if Crimea would had referandum without Russia intervention.
legendary
September 17, 2016, 06:19:02 PM
According to the latest referandum, Crimea belongs to Russia. People live there voted for this and it is done. They didn't want to stay with Ukraine, they have chosen to join Russia. A big kick to the Ukraine and Europe. In the 21th century, Russia gained land. That's a huuuge huge huge success for Russia.
You have a Turkish background. Kurds voted for independence. Do you have the same opinion about Kurdistan?

Yes. They can have their stinking land. I wont ever go there so I don't care.

But you have been misinformed about something. It not only the land they demand. They also want the infrastructure and money. They don't want to become independent in instant because they will get fucked in instant. That won't work.
Activity: 672
Merit: 507
LOTEO
September 17, 2016, 04:14:10 PM
legendary
September 17, 2016, 03:29:27 PM
September 17, 2016, 03:27:06 PM
The Ukrainian government are the puppets, doing the dirty deeds, and corrupt to boot.
Power struggles have been going on for a long time now, and of course any one from Crimea, that wanted to leave Ukraine, should have had the backing of the West.
They did leave democratically, but the West say otherwise, now they are stupid for even saying it, they themselves support uprisings against governments that they deem unfit, and call it democracy, they don't know their arse from their elbow, only two faced comments will do, double standards as per usual.

Can you be more specific on this?

an hostile take over took place in the us

What take over in the US, What has this to do with UKraine?

Please tell me what Obama can do..... Nuland/Regime change FAIL or McCain/Ukraine's destiny lay in Europe  Grin

How Hillary Clinton Is Responsible For Civil War In Ukraine and The Possible War With Russia

It's hard to know who is in the take over or not. For example look at the media conspiracy to bash trump... I would say that it's a consortium of corporations that couldn't survive in the orginial USA. For example gmo labeling is not the norm... or how fracking is allowed to pollute waters, how nuke plant don't have insurances or how banks who failed didn't get wiped out, or how like censorship is practiced by certain social media and finally how us laws are superseded by international laws... you can take even the coming loss of icann.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
Soon, I have to go away.
September 17, 2016, 02:02:37 PM
The Ukrainian government are the puppets, doing the dirty deeds, and corrupt to boot.
Power struggles have been going on for a long time now, and of course any one from Crimea, that wanted to leave Ukraine, should have had the backing of the West.
They did leave democratically, but the West say otherwise, now they are stupid for even saying it, they themselves support uprisings against governments that they deem unfit, and call it democracy, they don't know their arse from their elbow, only two faced comments will do, double standards as per usual.

Can you be more specific on this?

an hostile take over took place in the us

What take over in the US, What has this to do with UKraine?

Please tell me what Obama can do..... Nuland/Regime change FAIL or McCain/Ukraine's destiny lay in Europe  Grin

How Hillary Clinton Is Responsible For Civil War In Ukraine and The Possible War With Russia
September 17, 2016, 12:46:10 PM
Crimea belongs to Ukraine. You can not just go and pick up a piece of land. Even if they belonged once Russia. It is necessary to respect the borders of neighboring states. After all this, and there is an international agreement to abide by them.

I think respecting the will of the people who voted to fuck off from Ukraine, was highly admirable indeed.
That is what you call real democracy at work.
Otherwise a blood bath would have been propagated, by those Yankee corrupt money take all puppets. 

This were I don't agree... an hostile take over took place in the us. So the Yankees can't be held accountable on the deeds of their occupational gov but only on not removing it earlier. Obama could well become the tipping point and from there a restauration to the resilience and foresight of the constitution can easily be reestablished.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
Soon, I have to go away.
September 17, 2016, 12:41:53 PM
Crimea belongs to Ukraine. You can not just go and pick up a piece of land. Even if they belonged once Russia. It is necessary to respect the borders of neighboring states. After all this, and there is an international agreement to abide by them.

I think respecting the will of the people who voted to fuck off from Ukraine, was highly admirable indeed.
That is what you call real democracy at work.
Otherwise a blood bath would have been propagated, by those Yankee corrupt money take all puppets. 
September 17, 2016, 12:24:28 PM

Don't you believe (independently of the reality on the ground) that some people may chose to change state? If the Crimeans want to be a territory of Russia why couldn't they? Isn't self determination not only becoming independent but equally the right to ask to join another country? If a part of Russia wanted to become Ukrainian would you see a problem in it?
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
September 17, 2016, 12:22:01 PM
August 25, 2016, 05:24:48 AM
Anyway past is history and the future belong to Russia. All oppositions to Crimea being part of the Russian Federation will be relayed to the dust bin of history.

Once the bridge is finished time to move and cease the coastal area and merge it by land with the all. The west is absolutely destabilized... As soon as it start to free fall: action.

Personally I would strongly support to clip those ukies on the west... Single pass... Just at least for once they see what a real military full superiority engagement looks like. And so that they will never forget... It has return to the motherland and will stay like this: accept it or die. Chose wisely.
legendary
August 24, 2016, 04:48:15 PM
^^^^ You need to educate yourself about the history of Crimea.

Crimea was part of the Roman Empire. Once the Roman Empire crumbled, Crimea was occupied by European groups such as Goths (Germans), Huns, and Bulgars. After that, it came under the possession of the Slavs.

In the mid-10th century, the eastern area of Crimea was conquered by Prince Sviatoslav I of Kiev and became part of the Kievan Rus' principality of Tmutarakan. In 988, Prince Vladimir I of Kiev also captured the Byzantine town of Chersonesos (presently part of Sevastopol) where he later converted to Christianity. An impressive Russian Orthodox cathedral marks the location of this historic event.

Mongol invasion started in 1238. And that is how the Mongols (Tatars) arrived in Crimea.

The Tartars  lived in the Crimea before the Slavs.
 This is history.
With regard Tmutarakan, it hazaraky city and the name of its Turkic. The Tatars in Crimea lived up to the capture of Russian Crimea. This is history.
With regard Tmutarakan, it hazaraky city and the name of its Turkic. With regard to the place of baptism of Prince Vladimir, then it is not known exactly, some believe Kiev, other Byzantine city of Hersonissos. But the fact of baptism does not prove in Hersonissos, a place that became Russian.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
August 24, 2016, 02:42:47 PM
^^^^ You need to educate yourself about the history of Crimea.

Crimea was part of the Roman Empire. Once the Roman Empire crumbled, Crimea was occupied by European groups such as Goths (Germans), Huns, and Bulgars. After that, it came under the possession of the Slavs.

In the mid-10th century, the eastern area of Crimea was conquered by Prince Sviatoslav I of Kiev and became part of the Kievan Rus' principality of Tmutarakan. In 988, Prince Vladimir I of Kiev also captured the Byzantine town of Chersonesos (presently part of Sevastopol) where he later converted to Christianity. An impressive Russian Orthodox cathedral marks the location of this historic event.

Mongol invasion started in 1238. And that is how the Mongols (Tatars) arrived in Crimea.
legendary
August 24, 2016, 02:04:59 PM
Shell we call Crimea by it's original name - Tavridia? Crimea of (Kirim) is a Tatar name, which stuck to the peninsular during the Tatar-Mongol occupation of Russia, when most of the igneous population of Russians, Greeks and Jews were enslaved or killed off.

Maybe the poster should actually bother with some historic research as to where Saint Vladimir was Christened, before he officially Christened Rus in Kiev (hint: on Tavridia)?

Russian has never lived in the Crimea, to his Russian conquest in 1783. That is, the Russian did not live in the Crimea until the Mongol conquest of Russia.

Crimea is historic Russian and Ukrainian homeland. Mongols from the East have no place in Crimea.

The so called Crimean Tatars first arrives in Crimea during the Mongol invasion of Russia. Before that, for thousands of years, it was inhabited by Slavs and other Christian groups such as Greeks and Armenians. As Nemo pointed out, after invading Crimea the Mongols (i.e Tatars) either exterminated or enslaved the native Slavic population.

I'm sorry, but you do or do not know the history or deliberately lying. As is known, the Crimea and the South-eastern part of present-day Ukraine, as well as part of the territory inhabited by the Scythians of South Russia, which have no relation to the Slavs because they were Iranian-speaking people. With regard to the Crimea, the Greeks colonized the only edge of the coastal part of the Crimea, and never possessed the entire Crimea. Next, the Scythians vanished into history, they were replaced by Turkic people, the Khazars, Pechenegs, Cumans, and then came to the Crimea Tatars, and Russian have appeared in Crimea in 1783. Since then, as a result of the extermination of the Crimean Tatars, which continues to this day, from the indigenous people of Crimea were crumbs. And I want to say that whether Crimea true Russian territory, it would never have passed the Ukraine. 
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
August 24, 2016, 11:44:47 AM
Shell we call Crimea by it's original name - Tavridia? Crimea of (Kirim) is a Tatar name, which stuck to the peninsular during the Tatar-Mongol occupation of Russia, when most of the igneous population of Russians, Greeks and Jews were enslaved or killed off.

Maybe the poster should actually bother with some historic research as to where Saint Vladimir was Christened, before he officially Christened Rus in Kiev (hint: on Tavridia)?

Russian has never lived in the Crimea, to his Russian conquest in 1783. That is, the Russian did not live in the Crimea until the Mongol conquest of Russia.

Crimea is historic Russian and Ukrainian homeland. Mongols from the East have no place in Crimea.

The so called Crimean Tatars first arrives in Crimea during the Mongol invasion of Russia. Before that, for thousands of years, it was inhabited by Slavs and other Christian groups such as Greeks and Armenians. As Nemo pointed out, after invading Crimea the Mongols (i.e Tatars) either exterminated or enslaved the native Slavic population.
legendary
August 23, 2016, 04:10:09 PM

Pages:
Jump to: