Pages:
Author

Topic: Why $17? Because this is happening... - page 4. (Read 9089 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
January 24, 2013, 03:21:29 PM
Erik not trying to be an ass, but... Don't you have an obligation with your shareholders to put feedzebirds back online instead of advertising for gogreensolar and cam sites on the forum?
I mean, it's offline for weeks. And don't tell me the wallet is still syncing, because not even a donkey will believe it.

A very fair point. If I was the developer I'd get it back online asap, but the developer has several obligations he's trying to juggle. FZB will be taken care of, improved, and expanded, but it won't be done as quickly as anyone wants and I apologize for this. Worst case scenario I will spend my own funds to reinvigorate it and get it into the proper hands.

^ I know that feeling, that's why I'm learning python...
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack
January 24, 2013, 03:03:24 PM
Erik not trying to be an ass, but... Don't you have an obligation with your shareholders to put feedzebirds back online instead of advertising for gogreensolar and cam sites on the forum?
I mean, it's offline for weeks. And don't tell me the wallet is still syncing, because not even a donkey will believe it.

A very fair point. If I was the developer I'd get it back online asap, but the developer has several obligations he's trying to juggle. FZB will be taken care of, improved, and expanded, but it won't be done as quickly as anyone wants and I apologize for this. Worst case scenario I will spend my own funds to reinvigorate it and get it into the proper hands.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
January 24, 2013, 02:43:56 PM
 Grin
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
January 24, 2013, 01:54:26 PM
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 24, 2013, 01:50:28 PM
I think that the point was not that this particular company is especially significant but that we see this happening pretty much every day. Ever since WordPress hopped on board, the rate of new Bitcoin accepting merchants and organizations accepting Bitcoin donations has increased significantly.

Exactly
Ok so is anybody keeping statistics of increases in companies accepting bitcointhat shouldn't be too hard to do yet you say the price increase is due to more companies accepting bitcoin yet you show no  evidence for that i thought most people would be interested how many more companies are accepting bitcoin i thought that would be quite a fundemental to gage how well bitcoin is doing and expanding,  you seem to pluck your statement out of thin air.  
January 24, 2013, 01:42:43 PM
Ok ( i'm really green on the economic front) but how does that relate to the usd. I mean what is the usd showing.
Activity: 394
Merit: 250
January 24, 2013, 01:20:54 PM
Actually this may have something to do with it :

Bitcoin is being driven by financials not by retail, I say.
What kind of chart is that?

Co-ask

That's the relative performance of my bitcoin portfolio.  Zero = unchanged, 1 = a doubling of portfolio value.

its pretty old though (from last night).

I'd post the latest but its formatted really big.
Activity: 991
Merit: 1008
January 24, 2013, 01:01:34 PM
I think that the point was not that this particular company is especially significant but that we see this happening pretty much every day. Ever since WordPress hopped on board, the rate of new Bitcoin accepting merchants and organizations accepting Bitcoin donations has increased significantly.

Exactly

this there publicly available information on this?
i like to spread the work but i also like to back up my statements  Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
January 24, 2013, 12:57:28 PM
Price is irrelevant, bitcoin's mainstream adoption is priceless. Utility FTW!

THIS!!!

I'm not going to get rich from my bitcoins, but more importantly, as Erik has said in his essays, society is made richer as a whole via adoption. Someday I, and many others, will be paid in bitcoin. Which is far more exciting to me than any return on a speculative investment.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack
January 24, 2013, 12:48:39 PM

Exactly
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
January 24, 2013, 12:34:01 PM

Some guy's Bitcoin assets/investments.
legendary
Activity: 1022
January 24, 2013, 11:07:13 AM
Maybe someone knows that something is going to happen, and that there are not many places to hide:

More than $114 billion walked out of the biggest United States banks this month, and nobody’s quite sure why.
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-01-23/missing-114-billion-from-u-dot-s-dot-banks

LOL, its all going into Bitcoin!
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
January 24, 2013, 10:22:19 AM
This thread is "so 23rd January"  Grin
Activity: 154
January 24, 2013, 10:07:05 AM

Co-ask
January 24, 2013, 10:04:11 AM

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
January 24, 2013, 08:38:21 AM
It is no more 18$  Cheesy
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
January 24, 2013, 08:32:56 AM
The company i work for first want to see numbers before we can offer bitcoin as an payment method.
I want to know how many people use bitcoin in the netherlands, germany and belgium and the rest of the EU.
If i can get concrete numbers for the company, something big will happen, promise. Smiley

The best numbers indicators I know of are these:

http://www.openheatmap.com/view.html?map=BibbonsGomphotheriidaeJewely

Full nodes per 100.000 internet users.

Now Blockchain currently lists 6000 Nodes seen in the last 48 hours and has currently ~90.000 online Wallets.

So 15 Online Wallets per full node.

60 Mil People with internet access in Germany

~14400 Bicoiners in Germany.

These Numbers are of curse completely wrong. I made all Numbers except the 6000 Full nodes up. And didn't include any factors for all other clients, or dead Blockchain wallets.
Thanks. I already created a thread for this a while ago.
So if you would like to help us out.
There is a bounty waiting by the way.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/05-btc-bounty-looking-for-specific-bitcoin-numbers-127067
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
January 24, 2013, 08:16:09 AM
The company i work for first want to see numbers before we can offer bitcoin as an payment method.
I want to know how many people use bitcoin in the netherlands, germany and belgium and the rest of the EU.
If i can get concrete numbers for the company, something big will happen, promise. Smiley

The best numbers indicators I know of are these:

http://www.openheatmap.com/view.html?map=BibbonsGomphotheriidaeJewely

Full nodes per 100.000 internet users.

Now Blockchain currently lists 6000 Nodes seen in the last 48 hours and has currently ~90.000 online Wallets.

So 15 Online Wallets per full node.

60 Mil People with internet access in Germany

~14400 Bicoiners in Germany.

These Numbers are of curse completely wrong. I made all Numbers except the 6000 Full nodes up. And didn't include any factors for all other clients, or dead Blockchain wallets.
Activity: 784
Annuit cœptis humanae libertas
January 24, 2013, 08:05:10 AM
Belgium: I know of one B&M bitcoin merchant: the Luna Luna B&B in Mechelen. Of course, they invoice the clients officially in eubles but accept payment in BTC. They are fine, upstanding, honest citizens and wouldn't dream of ever doing business off the books, I'm sure. Wink
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
January 24, 2013, 07:55:55 AM
I want to know how many people use bitcoin and the number of shops that already accept it in the netherlands, germany and belgium and the rest of the EU.
If i can get concrete numbers for each country for the company, something big will happen, promise. Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: