Pages:
Author

Topic: Why $17? Because this is happening... - page 5. (Read 9089 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
January 24, 2013, 07:48:40 AM
I think that the point was not that this particular company is especially significant but that we see this happening pretty much every day. Ever since WordPress hopped on board, the rate of new Bitcoin accepting merchants and organizations accepting Bitcoin donations has increased significantly.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1009
January 24, 2013, 06:51:28 AM

It's listed as "1-10 employees" on LinkedIn. So yeah, Mom and Pop shop.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
January 24, 2013, 06:40:22 AM
Actually this may have something to do with it :

Bitcoin is being driven by financials not by retail, I say.
donator
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
January 24, 2013, 12:03:31 AM
I think its because there has been a steady price rise, and hasn't been a major price crash in a while....people are trying to jump in before the bubble pops.

I'm betting we will continue to see the price soar, followed by a major crash sometime this year.  

The more merchants accept bitcoin, the more "money" stays within the BTC system. So it seems that this rise may be sustainable. On the other hand a 50% price increase within a month cries out for a correction.

I doubt that the number of merchants accepting bitcoins increased proportionally with the price of bitcoin. I'd be interested in a #BTCmerchants/#BTCprice ratio graph over time. But that would require someone to measure #BTCmerchants accurately.
Why would it cry for a correction.

An upward move has to be sustained by a rise of perceived total value:
totalvalue = #people * averagevalue

Now this may be my opinion, but a 50% increase in perceived average value is significant. Unless there is a big investor sucking the coins from the market, and hence increasing the perceived average value, its rather the #people figure which makes the difference. And increases due to #people are subject to a correction due to inflation, because an increased amount of coins covers the same wealth, crippling the average value.

As long as we don't understand what causes these increases your guess is as good as mine. I wouldn't be surprised if it soars above $20 and then stays there for 4 months, before it makes another jump.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1087
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 23, 2013, 11:49:35 PM
Viva la revolution!
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 23, 2013, 11:09:13 PM
I think its because there has been a steady price rise, and hasn't been a major price crash in a while....people are trying to jump in before the bubble pops.

I'm betting we will continue to see the price soar, followed by a major crash sometime this year.  

The more merchants accept bitcoin, the more "money" stays within the BTC system. So it seems that this rise may be sustainable. On the other hand a 50% price increase within a month cries out for a correction.

I doubt that the number of merchants accepting bitcoins increased proportionally with the price of bitcoin. I'd be interested in a #BTCmerchants/#BTCprice ratio graph over time. But that would require someone to measure #BTCmerchants accurately.
Why would it cry for a correction.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 23, 2013, 11:06:41 PM
The Bitcoin revolution is coming! Halayluya! (however you spell it  Cheesy)
donator
Activity: 994
January 23, 2013, 10:31:59 PM

donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
January 23, 2013, 09:06:38 PM

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
January 23, 2013, 08:57:44 PM
Could it be bASIC buying up coins to issue "thousands of refunds?"
Activity: 126
January 23, 2013, 06:15:33 PM
I think it has got fuk all to do with that unless you can show me how many websites have taken on bit coin payment in the last few months. I think it has more to do with the currency wars being waged a the moment and becoming now known in main stream media news. people looking for other safe havens "currencies" to invest in. Fiat currency values is gonna go to shit. . And people wanna get the fuck out. The insane amount of printing is gonna make fiat currencies reall fucken worhless reall soon or at least undergo a huge fucken devaluation.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
January 23, 2013, 06:11:36 PM
Could it be that the reward dropped?
Activity: 67
Merit: 11
January 23, 2013, 06:07:31 PM
Since early January, about 10'000 BTC have been melting away every day from the walls on the selling side. Maybe someone wants to get 210'000 BTC, thus owning 1% of all Bitcoins that will ever be created. Would certainly be a nice number. If that's the case, the rally is over now (about 21 days have passed). However, if it continues, we will see 1 BTC = $20 by the end of the week.
Activity: 154
January 23, 2013, 05:52:27 PM
Maybe someone knows that something is going to happen, and that there are not many places to hide:

More than $114 billion walked out of the biggest United States banks this month, and nobody’s quite sure why.
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-01-23/missing-114-billion-from-u-dot-s-dot-banks

Dollar is a closed system, it will circulate back, all dollars are either Federal Reserve Credit or Bank Credit, there is no way it gets out. (Unless, cash, but 114 bn cash?)
legendary
Activity: 1540
January 23, 2013, 05:25:50 PM
Holy cow! Solar Panels for Bitcoin?! Finally! Now we just need someone to offer wind turbines for those of us who don't have the sunlight Cheesy

Maybe someone knows that something is going to happen, and that there are not many places to hide:

More than $114 billion walked out of the biggest United States banks this month, and nobody’s quite sure why.
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-01-23/missing-114-billion-from-u-dot-s-dot-banks

LOL! VIVA LA REVOLUTION! VIVA!
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
January 23, 2013, 05:24:20 PM
Oh that is funny, I think I know how that company started getting into Bitcoins but I am not telling. 
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
January 23, 2013, 05:14:39 PM

Activity: 154
January 23, 2013, 04:50:41 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the non-negative commentary on bitcoin in zerohedge a month or so ago attracted some bigger whales.

Zerohedge have good articles, but their prediction.....
You can not be worse.
Pages:
Jump to: