Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are altcoins important? - page 11. (Read 2828 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
September 15, 2023, 03:45:16 AM
Besides diversification I think altcoins are there for competition and innovation.
Activity: 96
Merit: 1
https://gptverse.art/
August 24, 2023, 01:36:36 PM
We have the Altcoins seasons, where these coins hits their All time high price, we just need to have good entries in the market. This is why it is quite near impossible to have a bitcoin without having alts as well. Those things improve the blockchain world and what can be done with it and you need to accept that we need some of them otherwise it's just not going to work. I know that people are not excited about it as much as they could be, but we need to accept the terrible ones along with the good ones in order to continue.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 16
August 21, 2023, 03:30:11 AM
I agree with you that not all altcoins are necessary and good for market. About 80% of all cryptocurrency projects becomes scam in the result and their tokens costs nothing.
It is unfortunate that developers frequently launch projects that cannot thrive over the years or offer something innovative to users. Conversely, this is a digital currency that operates without regulation, enabling anyone to generate their own token.
Activity: 352
Merit: 18
Pepemo.vip
August 20, 2023, 11:26:41 AM
While investing in altcoins can be risky due to scams and market volatility, some individuals choose to capitalize on short-term price movements by buying low and selling high. This approach can yield profits but also carries substantial risk. It's important to conduct thorough research, manage risks, and align your strategy with your risk tolerance and financial goals.
Activity: 38
August 20, 2023, 04:38:06 AM
Altcoins are generally defined as all cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin (BTC). And some people consider this altcoin very important or all. And in the future these Altcoins will move towards the goal. And innovations like privacy-enhancing technology will shape the future of altcoins
Not all altcoins are good for the market. More importantly, not all of them will deliver. A lot of projects are created out of nothing, so they disappear quickly. As far as privacy is concerned, it is good for us, but the regulator does not welcome such projects.

I agree with you that not all altcoins are necessary and good for market. About 80% of all cryptocurrency projects becomes scam in the result and their tokens costs nothing.
August 20, 2023, 01:21:21 AM
Altcoins are generally defined as all cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin (BTC). And some people consider this altcoin very important or all. And in the future these Altcoins will move towards the goal. And innovations like privacy-enhancing technology will shape the future of altcoins
Not all altcoins are good for the market. More importantly, not all of them will deliver. A lot of projects are created out of nothing, so they disappear quickly. As far as privacy is concerned, it is good for us, but the regulator does not welcome such projects.
Activity: 756
Merit: 515
August 19, 2023, 07:00:14 AM
well, altcoin is not just one coin, but there are so many alternative coins that exist. however, I also have the opinion that most of the altcoins are very risky, and the worst risk is a scam. However, the thing that keeps people investing in altcoins is that they still provide huge returns, especially for altcoins that are really developing. Even though memecoin is basically a coin that has almost no value, there are still quite a lot of people investing in it. it's because of profit matters.
All altcoins are a big risk. Even bitcoin is a risky investment. If you buy it at the wrong time, for example before a bear market starts, you will have to wait for years to get your investment back. And it is not certain that you will be able to do it. You will also spend a lot of nerves knowing that your deposit is negative. But if you guessed the right time to buy, it can bring you a good profit.
`

All investments has risk, altcoins has high chance of sending one to hell, that's the difference I think but despite that, without Altcoins the market will never favour the poor no matter how they want to put, Bitcoin will remain only for the poor. Even with that, we can't depend only a single technology due to their limiations and transactions, it's an open market and open investment, nobody is limited with the type of coin they can buy, free decentralization and free open space to accomodate everyone.

In every bad coins or altcoins, there are pretty good ones their as well, look at ETH, BNB, ADA, these coins has perform very well that some persons has made good amount of money, even if you tell them to buy with bitcoin with the profit they have, they will prefer altcoins anyday.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 264
August 19, 2023, 06:50:12 AM
Scam, death both have in altcoins market so why you want investing altcoins?
My opinion buy dip and sold faster on some profits like to be best revenge for all altcoins investors!
What's your skills and opinion? 

Investing in Altcoins can be very profitable, but it all depends on the project having good potential for the future, doing some research first is the first step before investing in it.
Some people really like investing in Altcoins, some even really hate it, but Altcoins certainly have an important role on various exchanges, Altcoins will be worthless if they cannot be converted to Bitcoin, and crypto currency will not be in great demand if it only provides one type of coin
Activity: 609
Merit: 1
August 19, 2023, 04:40:06 AM
August 19, 2023, 04:06:33 AM
Innovative altcoins will be potential stars, while altcoins that are simply copied and pasted mean nothing!
When a coin introduces a completely new technology that fulfils a different function and is sustainable in the long term, then that coin has the potential to be a worthwhile investment!

A lot depends on what technology and product offer the altcoin. There are so many different altcoins that do not have any useful technology or product. If altcoin does not have any practical use it will not be used in the future.
That's correct, yet numerous individuals develop goods for immediate financial gain. What's amusing is that several folks purchase such altcoins with the expectation of obtaining plentiful X's in a brief period. Unfortunately, its producers alone reap the benefits of it.
August 19, 2023, 02:34:48 AM
Innovative altcoins will be potential stars, while altcoins that are simply copied and pasted mean nothing!
When a coin introduces a completely new technology that fulfils a different function and is sustainable in the long term, then that coin has the potential to be a worthwhile investment!

A lot depends on what technology and product offer the altcoin. There are so many different altcoins that do not have any useful technology or product. If altcoin does not have any practical use it will not be used in the future.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
cogwise.io
August 19, 2023, 02:19:32 AM
There are also altcoins with unclear purposes and benefits, or even those used purely for speculation. This can pose a high risk, as the value of such altcoins can be extremely volatile and influenced by market trends and sentiment. it's important to conduct in-depth research before investing or participating in an altcoin project. Understanding the underlying technology, the development team, real-world use cases, and market trends are key to avoiding potential scams and financial losses. While some altcoins have genuine value and benefits, exercising caution and considering investments wisely remains crucial.
copper member
Activity: 28
August 18, 2023, 07:46:05 PM
August 18, 2023, 08:40:50 AM
In my view, altcoins hold significance as some, like Ethereum, have achieved success. Those who believed in and held onto them from the beginning were fortunate. This might be the aspect that other investors are pursuing – not just immediate gains, but a sincere belief that the altcoins they've invested in will ultimately prosper, akin to Ethereum and other leading altcoins.
In my opinion, those who create projects now fall into two groups. The first group are those who aim for quality and anticipate the future. On the other hand, the second group is simply after making quick profits and hiding away. Therefore, it seems that the second group is more common.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 18, 2023, 08:17:17 AM
Usually it was the Bitcoin who can affect the altcoin the most, not the other way around. Before a new altcoin is released, developers needs to test it first or they can do an experiment but after it, they can deploy the project in its final state. Bitcoin is already a finished product so they can't experiment on it anymore but I heard that some experts are experimenting something which can then be used in Bitcoin to make Bitcoin more functional.

It sounds interesting and if it's a success, it could surely attract more people in Bitcoin. Not all new altcoins are useful but many of them are only a scam. They only bring negative changes in the market.

Before new features are added to the Bitcoin blockchain, developers test them on altcoins. These coins are usually cheaper than BTC, making them a great way to test the Blockchain's true capabilities without "breaking the bank". If we didn't have altcoins, then Bitcoin would've been flooded with too many transactions from people around the world. Not to mention, it wouldve been difficult to test out new features without breaking the main chain. The more altcoins there are, the better for Bitcoin.

I wouldn't say Bitcoin is "a finished product", as there's always room for improvement. The code is open source, anyways. Developers will keep working on BTC to make it the best money in the world. Who knows if some altcoins become adopted by mainstream governments just like Bitcoin? Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 283
August 17, 2023, 12:36:47 PM
Altcoins are so important, they are the only things keeping that keeps the crypto space market going. Imagine if it was to be only Bitcoin? How many people would be able to afford owning a single unit of Bitcoin. Altcoins came into play and the market was open for new projects and thousands of Altcoins was introduced. Lot of people have made more money from Altcoins than Bitcoin, it has given Bitcoin the run of its life. The best thing that happened to the crypto market space is the introduction of Altcoins every single day.

On the contrary, I feel altcoins may have hindered the growth of Bitcoin. The only thing that altcoins have added to the growth of Bitcoin is popularity. A lot of these altcoins invest a lot in marketing and in that people become aware of crypto.
But then look at the disadvantages, these people are attracted to these altcoins and they most likely lose their money and what they do next is write off crypto as a scam.
The people out there that are attacking crypto as a scam today are doing so because of altcoins.
If Bitcoin was the only cryptocurrency, it would have gained a lot of trust and the crypto community would have grown way more than this.

Let's not even talk about how superior Bitcoin is to every other coin when it comes to privacy and decentralization.
Altcoins can make you rich overnight (that's if you're lucky enough and early enough) but in the long run it's not worth the risk.
Activity: 22
August 17, 2023, 04:48:46 AM
Scam, death both have in altcoins market so why you want investing altcoins?
My opinion buy dip and sold faster on some profits like to be best revenge for all altcoins investors!
What's your skills and opinion? 
Well, I buy altcoins only for short-terms. Purchase when its bear market, sell when it's bull market. I think it's the best formula
August 17, 2023, 02:48:33 AM
In my view, altcoins hold significance as some, like Ethereum, have achieved success. Those who believed in and held onto them from the beginning were fortunate. This might be the aspect that other investors are pursuing – not just immediate gains, but a sincere belief that the altcoins they've invested in will ultimately prosper, akin to Ethereum and other leading altcoins.

Some of the altcoins are so prospective. But not all of them. Many altcoins become scams and do not have any practical use at all.
Activity: 1365
Merit: 107
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
August 17, 2023, 02:42:11 AM
August 17, 2023, 02:39:12 AM
well, altcoin is not just one coin, but there are so many alternative coins that exist. however, I also have the opinion that most of the altcoins are very risky, and the worst risk is a scam. However, the thing that keeps people investing in altcoins is that they still provide huge returns, especially for altcoins that are really developing. Even though memecoin is basically a coin that has almost no value, there are still quite a lot of people investing in it. it's because of profit matters.
People invest in altcoins and memtocoins with the sole purpose of making significant profits in a short time. However, there are significant risks of losing all investments in these cases. I personally do not favour such high-risk investments, so instead, I only keep assets that have been tried and tested in my wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: