Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are Americans so fat? - page 5. (Read 820 times)

copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 2610
If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!
March 03, 2018, 08:18:13 PM
Because the fast food prices are cheaper than the rest of the countries.
Furthermore, in Europe we have the Mediterranean diet that is well-balanced

I do agree that diet is a major component.  Indeed, that was one aspect I liked about the graphic I displayed in OP.

A fast-food diet heavy in carbohydrates and hydrogenated vegetable oils does Americans no good.  Neither does the stereotypical American attitude of self-entitled sloth, indiscipline, and general weakness.

In Europe, there is more than a Mediterranean diet:  All parts of Europe have more traditional diets, each in its own way.  Plus, a European attitude.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
March 03, 2018, 08:08:10 PM
Because the fast food prices are cheaper than the rest of the countries.
Furthermore, in Europe we have the Mediterranean diet that is well-balanced
copper member
March 03, 2018, 07:54:50 PM
Note:  I am aware that not all Americans are fat.  And I do know that as with most negative stereotypes, stereotypes about Americans are a matter of 99% of Americans giving the rest a bad name.

Americans who are neither obese nor insane should feel free to seek sympathy in this thread.  My condolences.
copper member
March 03, 2018, 07:54:09 PM
Seriously.  In both the East and the West, everybody asks this question.

Loading image...

Oh, dear me.  Pardon, I must go AFK to bathe my eyeballs in bleach.

Why!?

(This thread is self-moderated, because I don’t want to inadvertently create yet another spam megathread for idiots trying to bump their post counts.  Illiterate one-liners and other low-quality posts will be deleted with extreme prejudice.  Let’s keep this thread fit and trim.  But here, I will not delete posts I simply disagree with.  Flame away!)
Pages:
Jump to: