Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are so many people mean here?! lol - page 2. (Read 2220 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
April 22, 2015, 01:35:21 PM

people are mean everywhere, but people are nice also.
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
April 22, 2015, 01:24:26 PM
That is just the nature of BCT. Has been for a long time, unfortunately.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005
New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit
April 18, 2015, 05:39:47 PM
Hi. Serious question. I'm new to this forums and new to a few coins I'm looking into, but not new to bitcoin. Any time I make posts or comments, someone always has something really pessimistic or rude or judgmental to say. Just doesn't seem friendly to new people or those who think outside the box. How come? Roll Eyes

You are awesome, bud. Cheesy Smiley Cheesy Smiley Cheesy Smiley Smiley Cheesy Smiley Cheesy Smiley Smiley

Hope, I made up for all that?

Thanks Cheesy Cheesy Smiley Cheesy Smiley Cheesy Smiley Smiley Cheesy Smiley Cheesy Smiley Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
April 18, 2015, 05:07:12 PM
I'm not mean Sad I just can't stand homphobic and xenophobic assholes and other people who try to enforce their own personal or religious beliefs on everybody else.

Sometimes I think people think disagreeing with someone is 'being mean' or that you need to be super polite because some people are super sensitive. I think people just need to man up because being sensitive is only going to get you upset all the time.

It's not even really anything to do with being sensitive, I get that, what it is is there are people who go around looking for reasons to be offended or are just too stupid to not read or listen to the stuff they find offensive. I get it if they're genuinely trying to make a target out of you or harass you when you want privacy but the sheer aggression from a lot of these assholes lately is pissing me off.

This is a forum, for crying out loud. How many times haven't I posted something that I thought was important, just to have a bunch of other commenters post so that my post was lost in the past?

Cry, cry cry. All those tears. Grow up and get on with life.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
April 18, 2015, 03:24:18 PM
I'm not mean Sad I just can't stand homphobic and xenophobic assholes and other people who try to enforce their own personal or religious beliefs on everybody else.

Sometimes I think people think disagreeing with someone is 'being mean' or that you need to be super polite because some people are super sensitive. I think people just need to man up because being sensitive is only going to get you upset all the time.

It's not even really anything to do with being sensitive, I get that, what it is is there are people who go around looking for reasons to be offended or are just too stupid to not read or listen to the stuff they find offensive. I get it if they're genuinely trying to make a target out of you or harass you when you want privacy but the sheer aggression from a lot of these assholes lately is pissing me off.
Activity: 568
Smoke weed everyday!
April 18, 2015, 01:18:31 PM

You are not far wrong there, remember that thread how many woman in Bitcoin i think we underestimated how many there are  Cheesy

Jokes aside.

I believe it is like the above says, mean to one person is not mean to another and with all the money and trades involved within this forum disagreeing can't be avoided and stress will surly show it's face some people are new to being able to deal with it.

But.. Disagreements are very good for the brain and everyone who is involved in the debate actually benefits the more there are the wiser one becomes..
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
April 18, 2015, 01:10:31 PM

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
April 18, 2015, 01:06:26 PM
The answer, of course, is something like...

Place a couple of vote buttons on each post. Every Username is allowed only one vote (you would have to be logged in to vote). There could be a minimum number of take-down votes (say, 10 or 20) before the post would be removed. But, once the minimum was reached, 10 days later the post would come down unless the keep-post button had more votes than the take-down button.

The original of the post would be kept in the commenter's personal information page unless he deleted it. That way people could go and view posts that they can't find now, that they had read once. It might be appropriate to leave a note in every spot that a post was taken down, so that people know that a post had been there, and where to go to look at it in the commenter's personal information page.

Regarding posts that had been taken down, the vote buttons in the commenter's personal information page might be left active so that there was a chance to restore the page in the future if other voters thought it was a good post after all.

The whole process would be automatic, left up to forum members. This would free up time for the mods.

Roll Eyes

EDIT: Obviously, if you were logged in and voted, you could change your vote simply by voting opposite the way you had voted previously.

This really wouldn't be a good idea especially not on this forum. Many people have several alts here and it would be easy to club together with your e-buddies to tag-team posts you didn't like and have them removed. People would just downvote any opinions they didn't like as opposed to posts that broke the rules. It definitely wouldn't work well and be counter productive to its purpose and also to free discussion.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 18, 2015, 01:03:28 PM
I believe they are not mean. They just do not have enough patience.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
April 18, 2015, 12:59:36 PM
I'm not mean Sad I just can't stand homophobic and xenophobic assholes and other people who try to enforce their own personal or religious beliefs on everybody else.
Activity: 532
April 18, 2015, 12:40:54 PM
i don not use this word.it is not good for behave
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
April 18, 2015, 12:38:43 PM
We don't mean to be mean. We simply don't like all the typing that goes into this.

Cheesy

I don't mean to be mean, but is there a meme for "all that typing" meanness you speaketh of?
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
April 18, 2015, 11:40:25 AM
Hi. Serious question. I'm new to this forums and new to a few coins I'm looking into, but not new to bitcoin. Any time I make posts or comments, someone always has something really pessimistic or rude or judgmental to say. Just doesn't seem friendly to new people or those who think outside the box. How come? Roll Eyes

Unfortunately, you are right.
It seems that anonymity in the virtual world gives people the courage to do what they otherwise would never do in the real world.
The only way to keep this forum a friendly place are increased activity of admins and banning users who do not comply to the forum.

People are banned for breaking forum rules but being mean or saying something someone doesn't like aren't against the rules and the staff have better things to do than remove posts from people who just disagree or don't get along. It would take a lot of time and effort from them so they don't get involved with users business mostly which is a good thing and that's why scams aren't moderated by staff here either.

The answer, of course, is something like...

Place a couple of vote buttons on each post. Every Username is allowed only one vote (you would have to be logged in to vote). There could be a minimum number of take-down votes (say, 10 or 20) before the post would be removed. But, once the minimum was reached, 10 days later the post would come down unless the keep-post button had more votes than the take-down button.

The original of the post would be kept in the commenter's personal information page unless he deleted it. That way people could go and view posts that they can't find now, that they had read once. It might be appropriate to leave a note in every spot that a post was taken down, so that people know that a post had been there, and where to go to look at it in the commenter's personal information page.

Regarding posts that had been taken down, the vote buttons in the commenter's personal information page might be left active so that there was a chance to restore the page in the future if other voters thought it was a good post after all.

The whole process would be automatic, left up to forum members. This would free up time for the mods.

Roll Eyes

EDIT: Obviously, if you were logged in and voted, you could change your vote simply by voting opposite the way you had voted previously.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
April 18, 2015, 11:22:16 AM

It seems that anonymity in the virtual world gives people the courage to do what they otherwise would never do in the real world.
The only way to keep this forum a friendly place are increased activity of admins and banning users who do not comply to the forum.

People are banned for breaking forum rules but being mean or saying something someone doesn't like aren't against the rules and the staff have better things to do than remove posts from people who just disagree or don't get along. It would take a lot of time and effort from them so they don't get involved with users business mostly which is a good thing and that's why scams aren't moderated by staff here either.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
April 18, 2015, 10:59:06 AM

Activity: 700
April 18, 2015, 10:17:26 AM
Don't let it bother you.

There's going to douchebags everywhere.  Add in the uppity shit that comes from a lot of people that think they're smarter than the rest AND the ability to hide behind the keyboard and you're going to get some raging assholes. 

Feck 'em.
Activity: 448
April 18, 2015, 10:12:15 AM

I think this forum isn't really any different from most other forums or even the internet in general. I guess everyone becomes more comfortable to argue or post their opinions when they're behind a computer but I think people may get more aggressive or passionate here because money is involved so when people have money on the line they can get quite quarrelsome. There's also a lot of trolls and fudsters so you've got to be weary of them. I'd just learn to accept or ignore it if I was you otherwise I doubt you will last long here.
Activity: 367
April 18, 2015, 09:48:46 AM
people usually don't trust trust newbies that want to do alt coin related stuff
copper member
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004
Campaign Management & Translation Service
April 18, 2015, 08:52:03 AM
People are Not mean they are trying to avoid scammers. There are alot of scammer on the internet, you dont know from where they belong what is the nature of these people. Thats why they try to scam, if they see a big amount. I also recommend you to avoid these people.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
April 18, 2015, 06:08:01 AM

Pages:
Jump to: