Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are so many people mean here?! lol - page 3. (Read 2220 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.
April 18, 2015, 05:12:39 AM
Hi. Serious question. I'm new to this forums and new to a few coins I'm looking into, but not new to bitcoin. Any time I make posts or comments, someone always has something really pessimistic or rude or judgmental to say. Just doesn't seem friendly to new people or those who think outside the box. How come? Roll Eyes

Sad to say but I really think "Newbies" and "Jr.Member's"  opinion aren't valued by most of the people here. Lips sealed
They forget that they too were newbie once   Undecided

Anyways there are 25k+ people on the forum.. Each one is unique and behaves unique in reaction to different posts(stimulus Tongue)   Grin
You can use the "ignore" function if you find trolls or anyone who seems to be too "rude" for no good reason and it must go all good  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
April 18, 2015, 05:12:04 AM
It is just the way people are. Some of them are really nice, some are grumpy and we have some serious squad of trolls here. Nothing is out of ordinary here, if you log to any internet forum or youtube comment section, you can see that it is quite normal that here are constant war between people. Just don't worry about stupid and angry comments and you will be fine Op!

You have clearly never been part of a weed growing community/forum because if you had you would know that not 'any' internet forum is full of *&$%*. This place is awesome but 70% of the sig spammers and mentally ill spoil it. Just expect the worse of human kind here and you won't be upset. Thiefs, liars, greedy little men running around everywhere lol anyway i am out of here before a meany arrives to hurt my feelings.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
April 18, 2015, 04:56:22 AM
Hi. Serious question. I'm new to this forums and new to a few coins I'm looking into, but not new to bitcoin. Any time I make posts or comments, someone always has something really pessimistic or rude or judgmental to say. Just doesn't seem friendly to new people or those who think outside the box. How come? Roll Eyes

I see scams/dishonesty everywhere.  I don't inherently trust people.  Some may say that is an issue to work on, but I rarely get scammed.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
April 18, 2015, 02:26:59 AM
People who knows too much dont like people who are just goofing around so whenever they see some "WEAK" post they jump on it and make you look bad. But that doesn't mean that they are jerking you around, it means you should keep learning your stuff... Cheesy

True. But there are people on this forum who are WISE and they're helpful and kind and they try to help the person who is not too knowledgeable in a nice way.

Than there are people who are WISE ASS and they're just too proud of their knowledge and feel everybody else is inferior to them.

But then again there also some trolls who just make stupid posts for no reason and they deserved to get bashed in the head.

@OP: If you find someone who is mean to you, just use the "Ignore" feature and his posts won't be visible to you.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
AltoCenter.com
April 18, 2015, 12:08:50 AM
People who knows too much dont like people who are just goofing around so whenever they see some "WEAK" post they jump on it and make you look bad. But that doesn't mean that they are jerking you around, it means you should keep learning your stuff... Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
April 17, 2015, 10:32:56 PM
We don't mean to be mean. We simply don't like all the typing that goes into this.

Cheesy
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
April 17, 2015, 09:24:47 PM
Could it be related to the scams and trolling that happen pretty much regularly nowadays? If you look at the forums as well as the entire Bitcoin community from its creation in 2008/2009 up until today, it's hard to deny that the atmosphere has devolved since the early days. When Satoshi first launched Bitcoin on the cryptography mailing list, the conversations there were very intelligent and the overall atmosphere was pleasant. Even in the early days of this forum in 2009-2010, people were still reasonably nice to each other. Back then, people traded their BTC using PayPal without fear that the other person would try to scam them. People used services without fear that the person behind them would run off with their coins.

Put a lot of people into an environment where greed is rewarded and one misplaced step can kill and of course this will affect people's interactions with one another in a negative way. An atmosphere that breeds distrust and animosity is definitely not conducive to a friendly, warm, and welcoming community.

Bitcoin's main enemy was once fiat currencies and the central banks which regulate and abuse their supply. Now our enemies are each other. Bitcoiners vs. Bitcoiners.

For 99% of people, Bitcoin isn't an interesting technological or even ideological experiment anymore. For them, Bitcoin is just another ticket out of the hell we call life.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103
April 17, 2015, 08:06:20 PM
Because it's not a forum made fun but money. Everyone is grumpy on finance forums, just like they are in real life.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
April 17, 2015, 07:53:51 PM
It is just the way people are. Some of them are really nice, some are grumpy and we have some serious squad of trolls here. Nothing is out of ordinary here, if you log to any internet forum or youtube comment section, you can see that it is quite normal that here are constant war between people. Just don't worry about stupid and angry comments and you will be fine Op!
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
April 17, 2015, 07:40:58 PM
Pages:
Jump to: