Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are some people still skeptical about climate change? - page 2. (Read 22113 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
"The survey of scientists was conducted online with
a random sample of 2,533 members of the American
Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), from May 1 to June 14, 2009"

Page 11, your "study" (poll) http://www.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/legacy-pdf/528.pdf

It represents 2533 people. If you have evidence that further supports your assertions present it. Otherwise stop claiming this source supports your assumptions.

xD

*Drops the mic*

Yes you are a joke. 2500 geographically isolated people is an efficient sample size for a global group you say? Sounds good to me. Lets laugh and pretend its obvious you are right and I am wrong rather than attempt a reply. Oh right... you have no reply.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

Page 11, your "study" (poll) http://www.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/legacy-pdf/528.pdf

It represents 2533 people. If you have evidence that further supports your assertions present it. Otherwise stop claiming this source supports your assumptions.

xD

*Drops the mic*
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
My point is what I say my point is, not what you say my point is.

But... IT IS A PROOF OF GLOBAL CONSENSUS!!!!

It is EXACTLY what I said it is ><

And your ad hominem attack doesn't change anything!

It represents 2533 American scientists. If you have evidence that further supports your assertions present it. Otherwise stop claiming this source supports your assumptions.

P.S. learn what an ad hominem attack actually is.
legendary

But... IT IS A PROOF OF GLOBAL CONSENSUS!!!!

It is EXACTLY what I said it is ><

And your ad hominem attack doesn't change anything!
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Un-giving up so soon? My point is you are lazy and you don't even bother to read YOUR OWN SOURCE material, and claim it says things it does not say. Probably doesn't matter, what matters is YOU are making the claim and YOU have the burden of proof. Just guessing and assuming is not science.

No no I'm not debating. You're completely right. My source doesn't support anything. It's useless and has no link to my claim. You're right on everything you've said.

Well I am glad you can passive aggressively and in a sad attempt at irony admit that.

What do you want in the end?

Science is a global peer to peer work. Scientists exchanges with others all around the world all the time. There is a reason why any scientific work is done in English...
I put a source saying 94% American scientists believe climate change is real and your point is "it's not a global consensus because it's only America" Huh

What can I answer to that?

legendary
Un-giving up so soon? My point is you are lazy and you don't even bother to read YOUR OWN SOURCE material, and claim it says things it does not say. Probably doesn't matter, what matters is YOU are making the claim and YOU have the burden of proof. Just guessing and assuming is not science.

No no I'm not debating. You're completely right. My source doesn't support anything. It's useless and has no link to my claim. You're right on everything you've said.

Well I am glad you can passive aggressively and in a sad attempt at irony admit that.

What do you want in the end?

Science is a global peer to peer work. Scientists exchanges with others all around the world all the time. There is a reason why any scientific work is done in English...
I put a source saying 94% American scientists believe climate change is real and your point is "it's not a global consensus because it's only America" Huh

What can I answer to that?
legendary
First Exclusion Ever

Well I am glad you can passive aggressively, and in a sad attempt at sarcasm admit that.
legendary

legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Sigh... its sad that so many lazy and or ignorant people demand to be spoon fed all the time rather than actually taking the time to analyze really simple stuff. I promise using your brain stops hurting after a while once you get used to it.

He is claiming that his source represents a GLOBAL consensus among scientists, which is not at all what his source says. His source is a POLL of a small portion of ONLY AMERICAN scientists, but not like any of you take the time to read your own sources right?

Yes, we are done here.

Omg do you know how scientific fields actually work? ><

Just... Just...

Oh man I don't know anymore.

Ok let's say you're right. Only American scientists believe that global warming is man made. Rest of the world is probably believing something else. I don't care at this point, in sight of so much bad faith no one can do anything. It's litteraly impossible.

legendary
Sigh... its sad that so many lazy and or ignorant people demand to be spoon fed all the time rather than actually taking the time to analyze really simple stuff. I promise using your brain stops hurting after a while once you get used to it.

He is claiming that his source represents a GLOBAL consensus among scientists, which is not at all what his source says. His source is a POLL of a small portion of ONLY AMERICAN scientists, but not like any of you take the time to read your own sources right?

Yes, we are done here.

Omg do you know how scientific fields actually work? ><

Just... Just...

Oh man I don't know anymore.

Ok let's say you're right. Only American scientists believe that global warming is man made. Rest of the world is probably believing something else. I don't care at this point, in sight of so much bad faith no one can do anything. It's litteraly impossible.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Quote me exactly the line from your source please where it says 94% scientists globally support your claim. This is your claim... you produce it.

Last time I checked 84+10=94

Read the article he posted again.

You know, I keep reading it over and over again, and I don't see any reference to globally...

Quote me exactly the line from your source please where it says 94% scientists globally support your claim. This is your claim... you produce it.

You know, I keep reading it over and over again, and I don't see any reference to globally...

Scientists do live outside of America.

Learn to read and get back to me.

You just like to argue with random people on the Internet, for no apparent reason.  Do you need validation?
Is that it?

As for the article, it says 94% of scientists agree that global warming is happening.

I think we are done here.

Yes, we are done here.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

You just like to argue with random people on the Internet, for no apparent reason.  Do you need validation?
Is that it?

As for the article, it says 94% of scientists agree that global warming is happening.

I think we are done here.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever

legendary

legendary
First Exclusion Ever

No it's pointless.

Give it up. I should have done it years ago... But everytime I tell myself "ok this time you stop answering this pitty individual" he goes on with something bigger.

The worst thing is that contrary to BADECKER he doesn't have the honesty to say he's just being a religious fanatic. He tries to argue there is some sccientific logic behind what he says and he spits so much NONSENSE about scientific methodology and science in general...

My years of studies in scientific field and the tons of people I know currently doing research is just making me eager to kick his ass for his disrespect...

Yes, scientific methodology is such nonsense right? xD  You know people who do research...well gee I guess their knowledge is magically imparted to you now isn't it?

Ah yes, right as you are faced with admitting your statistic does not represent the "global consensus" you claimed it did, now you "give up", again, for like the 5th time now... uh huh.

Buddy, if you ever even set eyes on me you would turn tail and run.
legendary

No it's pointless.

Give it up. I should have done it years ago... But everytime I tell myself "ok this time you stop answering this pitty individual" he goes on with something bigger.

The worst thing is that contrary to BADECKER he doesn't have the honesty to say he's just being a religious fanatic. He tries to argue there is some sccientific logic behind what he says and he spits so much NONSENSE about scientific methodology and science in general...

My years of studies in scientific field and the tons of people I know currently doing research is just making me eager to kick his ass for his disrespect...
Activity: 83
Merit: 1
I have no idea how, why and how much the climate is changing, but I KNOW this:

cca 25 years ago, we had snow from like mid November to February (Ofc, not the WHOLE time, all the time, but there was a lot of it).

For the last....10 years or so?  If I see snow for more than a week (and that's like 1-3 times per WINTER), I'm shocked
legendary
First Exclusion Ever

legendary
ALL SCIENTISTS... GLOBALLY... mmkay. I will let you have fun on a snipe hunt trying to source that like a good little monkey. Now go... source your claim Mr. smarty pants.

Like... That was litteraly my post one page ago?

Just to remind you you're a bit alone here.
http://www.people-press.org/2009/07/09/section-5-evolution-climate-change-and-other-issues/

94% of scientists agree that global warming is real and 84% that it's human based.

How does it feel to be in the same bag as people claiming Earth is flat or evolution is a lie?

Do you suffer from short term memory loss? Cause that would explain a lot.

legendary

No. I'm done with you. If you can't even read a 5 pages academic source there is NO WAY you can engage in a scientific debate.
Pages:
Jump to: