Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are there no altcoins that can replace Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 1055 times)

Activity: 279
Merit: 107
BTC is not only the first coin but it has symbolic value for the entire crypto market, one symbol of the blockchain revolution.
Just like gold, there are thousands of metals produced such as steel, aluminum, silver, etc., which are widely used in daily life. but gold has always been the most valuable metal, still number 1.
So there will be no altcoins that can replace BTC although ETH, Sol, Tron or Xrp... have utilities, applications and technologies that are far superior to BTC.

In my opinion, there would never be an altcoin that could replace or outshine btc any time soon. It is used and accepted almost anywhere and it keeps growing.
I know lots of people that think bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency out there.
Activity: 868
Merit: 106
yes, some of the advantages of altcoin technology can beat BTC. talk about crypto for new people, the only thing that comes to their mind is bitcoin, and people will think of the first capital they use to invest in bitcoin. and the main reason why bitcoin is the first choice and no alt can replace it because Bitcoin is the first and decentralized. speaking of prices, bitcoin is also moving very well.
Activity: 831
Merit: 286
Binance #Smart World Global Token
I don't know some altcoins that have been created so far and maybe only a few projects that are successful in trading and have a solid community, the rest are just scam projects. No matter how many coins and decentralized altcoins, they can't replace Bitcoin forever.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
I think why other alcoins can't replace bitcoin because bitcoin is the king of other alcoins no one can replace the king. alcoin was born because of the creation of bitcoin if bitcoin was not created by satoshi nakamoto maybe alcoin did not exist until now,
everyone is aware that bitcoin is general overseas of cryptocurrencies. But some of us don't know that altcoins make bitcoin relevant and also bring many investors to market, because bitcoin is already existing before other discoveries of altcoins. For me i may not like to invest in bitcoins again because the profit can not use to compare to the profit new coins will give me if i invest, to summarize it all. Every one values altcoins instead of bitcoin and if you watch carefully you will see that many of the altcoins is having same credit of bitcoin
indeed the most important thing is because bitcoin is the oldest coin, therefore it seems that it has got a brand, so that in its development it has gained great trust from investors. and that trust is what makes investors seem to unite their thoughts to invest in bitcoin, so that other altcoins seem to follow the movement of bitcoin because of the influence of the thoughts of each investor.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 622
No alt will ever replace bitcoin, not in our lifetime any way. Bitcoin is King Daddy, there’s a reason alts were nicknamed shitcoins.
Bitcoin is the only coin who dominates the market, and altcoins are just created as an alternatives to bitcoin. But i believe not all altcoins are shitcoins, but definitely a lot of them.
Yeah, Bitcoin is Bitcoin, rhe first crypto, never be replaced.
Altcoin will be altcoins, the alternative coins. So, the alternative will never be able to replace the major. I believe this.

Well about the shitcoins, I also do agree that not all altcoins are shitcoins. but mostly yes. Depend on what coins they are and how we are on them.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 120
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
It's correct.  Bitcoin is considered a trillion dollar asset, it is special and unique.  All the rest are altcoins.  In theory in the future, altcoins can replace bitcoin in the classical way of thinking like Nokia being replaced by iPhone or Samsung… But in reality, that's what we are testing, bitcoin is still holding the capital level stable market over 60%, lol
Activity: 1330
Merit: 289
I think why other alcoins can't replace bitcoin because bitcoin is the king of other alcoins no one can replace the king. alcoin was born because of the creation of bitcoin if bitcoin was not created by satoshi nakamoto maybe alcoin did not exist until now,
everyone is aware that bitcoin is general overseas of cryptocurrencies. But some of us don't know that altcoins make bitcoin relevant and also bring many investors to market, because bitcoin is already existing before other discoveries of altcoins. For me i may not like to invest in bitcoins again because the profit can not use to compare to the profit new coins will give me if i invest, to summarize it all. Every one values altcoins instead of bitcoin and if you watch carefully you will see that many of the altcoins is having same credit of bitcoin
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
No alt will ever replace bitcoin, not in our lifetime any way. Bitcoin is King Daddy, there’s a reason alts were nicknamed shitcoins.
Bitcoin is the only coin who dominates the market, and altcoins are just created as an alternatives to bitcoin. But i believe not all altcoins are shitcoins, but definitely a lot of them. And no wonder bitcoin becomes the king of crypto market because its the most trusted coin that can give us guaranteed profits, whereas altcoins are more prone on scams that is why wise investors are very cautious when it comes investing in altcoins.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 167
every something one who first appears and is known in the world, they will have their own value in the hearts of their fans like KFC is the first fast food company in the world even though there are many competitors who may be better and in accordance with the local tongue but KFC has its own value both in price and taste. .....
it's just that seeing the supply of bitcoins that always decreases from year to year, it is possible that altcoins will replace them when there are no more bitcoins in this world
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073
BTC is not only the first coin but it has symbolic value for the entire crypto market, one symbol of the blockchain revolution.
Just like gold, there are thousands of metals produced such as steel, aluminum, silver, etc., which are widely used in daily life. but gold has always been the most valuable metal, still number 1.
So there will be no altcoins that can replace BTC although ETH, Sol, Tron or Xrp... have utilities, applications and technologies that are far superior to BTC.
There are so many Altcoins in the market that are so more efficient than bitcoin but they wouldn't be able to replace bitcoin because bitcoin like you have said represent the revolution of cryptocurrency. And since it is the first cryptocurrency there is no way that these altcoins in the market would be able to take over. All they can do is improve themselves in ways that bitcoin is lacking but that doesn’t mean that they will be able to replace it.

Bitcoin will still stay as the number one coin that we have in the market. Most people prefer bitcoin than investing their money in altcoins. And moreover majority of those altcoins are just shitcoins. So, people don’t waste their time with it, except for a short-term if they do.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 3049
The main reason for that is the fact that bitcoin is the most trustworthy project and nothing else. If you have a coin that is as trusted as bitcoin then there could be something that could replace bitcoin one day but what is the possibility of another coin being as popular and as trustworthy as bitcoin? I see that chance at zero right now.

I keep saying that bitcoin and blockchain is a great new invention and all the others are just improving on it and not building a new thing, altcoins think they are building a new thing but they are just improving on it. If there is something that is purely out of crypto sphere and still better, then maybe that could get bigger.

Oh we see that Ethereum is becoming more and more trustworthy with time and even probably gets some kind of independence inside crypto world. But even though bitcoin is not being replaced, we just have new trustworthy assets. So I don't expect any altcoin will ever replace bitcoin but some of them will become independent one day and there would be new paradigm with multiple important crypto assets.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 253
Bitcoin is the first crypto and has run alone almost 3 years ago came Litecoin, Namecoin and so on, then in 2015 appeared ethereum which became the strongest altcoins until now, the thing that makes bitcoin difficult to compete with altcoins because crypto trading always makes bitcoin the standard price and trading pair , but after the last 2 years the position of bitcoin is getting lower after the emergence of stable coins.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
The fact that bitcoin "can't" be replaced is not actually a success of bitcoin, but failure of all the other coins as well. Why? Because, every other coin is working towards being better than bitcoin, and many of them are better in the technological sense for sure, however in the end they are forgetting that bitcoin is truly decentralized and I mean actually being decentralized and not just fake one where there is a governance token or whatever.

As long as other projects do not have that, whatever else they have still means nothing to me and nothing to anyone else. If we keep that up, there will never be any need for it for sure.
Even when we'll have multiple truly decentralized projects they will never replace bitcoin as there will be totally different situation. There can be situation when there are many strong coins with more or less equal strength, but no one can replace bitcoin to became an only strongest coin in crypto market.
The main reason for that is the fact that bitcoin is the most trustworthy project and nothing else. If you have a coin that is as trusted as bitcoin then there could be something that could replace bitcoin one day but what is the possibility of another coin being as popular and as trustworthy as bitcoin? I see that chance at zero right now.

I keep saying that bitcoin and blockchain is a great new invention and all the others are just improving on it and not building a new thing, altcoins think they are building a new thing but they are just improving on it. If there is something that is purely out of crypto sphere and still better, then maybe that could get bigger.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 101
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
It's trite, like comparing Maybach and other cars. It is important to understand that these options are completely different, both in terms of reliability and in terms of profitability.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 299
The fact that bitcoin "can't" be replaced is not actually a success of bitcoin, but failure of all the other coins as well. Why? Because, every other coin is working towards being better than bitcoin, and many of them are better in the technological sense for sure, however in the end they are forgetting that bitcoin is truly decentralized and I mean actually being decentralized and not just fake one where there is a governance token or whatever.

As long as other projects do not have that, whatever else they have still means nothing to me and nothing to anyone else. If we keep that up, there will never be any need for it for sure.
She isn’t the one who is making the statement that bitcoin is a transformative technology rather she is stating the words of some bitcoin supporters who believe that bitcoin can be seen as such.

So, I don't really think that she is saying that in support of Bitcoin, there is every possibility that she still remains one of the sceptics. So far from the comments that I have read under this post, it is possible that the news you have posted is not accurate as other people have said something that is entirely different from what you have said. You should do your research and be sure that what you have posted is correct.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 254
Trphy.io
I always asked the same question and i think the best answer for this is that bitcoin have a far better reputation in all over the world and all new crypto adopters hear about bitcoin as the first thing in crypto, i want also to montion that it's not logi to make ETH and Sol for example in the same level cause ethereum is far better for me
I agree with your review,bitcoin has a far and wider reputation compared to altcoins,the real king of crypto is bitcoin,I am very sure if Satoshi didn't introduce bitcoin to us,I firmly believe that other coins will never exist until now That's why there will never be another altcoin that can replace bitcoin.
Activity: 66
Merit: 1
Bitcoin technology has a number of flaws (you can easily find detailed info on them credits to Bitcoin critics).

Yet, no one has managed to come up with anything that would eliminate all those flaws AND offer better technology. Very simple.

Most likely, no one will (at least, in the near future).
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 3049

Even when we'll have multiple truly decentralized projects they will never replace bitcoin as there will be totally different situation. There can be situation when there are many strong coins with more or less equal strength, but no one can replace bitcoin to became an only strongest coin in crypto market.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
bitcoin can never be replaced by any altcoins because bitcoin still remain the king among other cryptocurrencies in the community. Bitcoin is more popular in the community than altcoins because whenever bitcoin price is increasing in the crypto market,  then altcoins price will be increasing too, show that bitcoin is more potential than altcoins. Many investors are still making a huge amount of money from bitcoin investment than altcoins investment because altcoins price is not too stable for both long and short term investors to make a good profit from the market.

Pages:
Jump to: