Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are UK bitcoin buying options disappearing - page 3. (Read 10998 times)

Activity: 680
Merit: 500
MtGox - It's not depositing the money thats the problem, it's withdrawing it (slow, high fees from Japan).

Bitstamp.net - was a dollar balance only, $15 fee for international wire, tried it, took less than 72 hours. Comments box for reference info/further detail. All good.

Bitcoin-Central.net - Low volume in GBP atm, but withdrawal is 15 euro but MAKE SURE you ask them to raise your withdrawal limit as 15 euro on the basic 500gbp limit is equivalent to a 2.7% fee. Otherwise for higher amounts it's not that bad.

LocalBitcoins.com - Users can do online GBP bank transfer as well as face-to-face, all with comments/reviews. Liquidity and volume will get better. I love this site. 1% fee on online trades that use their escrow but the price seems to factor it in atm.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
Blockchain.info disabled UK bank transfer last week. I tried once but I think they are running low of BTC stock or want to keep due to the rise of BTC price.

Damn you're right. It comes and goes to be honest. Not reliable at all.

I snapped up my last 20BTC at $70, I might have been lucky.
Activity: 272
http://www.speedybitcoin.co.uk is good for small-ish amounts of BTC quickly

I have done most of my buying direct with people on this forum or via localbitcoins lately.

MtGox is such a pain in the ass now they have no UK bank account, and even their EU bank account is too as they stopped doing SEPA transfers for some reason to UK so you have to do an international wire and pay charges.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Blockchain.info disabled UK bank transfer last week. I tried once but I think they are running low of BTC stock or want to keep due to the rise of BTC price.
Activity: 25
Get verified and send your money to MtGox - bank transfer.. lower fee's - Free in GBP . . only £25 and £11 bank fees..
Activity: 350
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
I use Blockchain.info but they have been showing the "We have no more Bitcoins" message a few times recently.

They are however damn fast and the fee is 3.2% if you're depositing the max of £500 or thereabouts.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I have a family member in the UK who sends me some money occasionally and beginning last year I started asking them to do it using bitcoin. We used to use Intersango, but that was shut down soon after. We moved to using blockchain.info's UK options but even that was shut down in the last week or so. I asked on the bitcoin-otc IRC channel and someone said the UK authorities are cracking down. I haven't seen any news on this and I follow bitcoin realetd news regularly. Does anyone know WTF is going on?? Huh
Pages:
Jump to: