Pages:
Author

Topic: Why aren´t U.S. mass shootings called for what they are - Terrorism - page 2. (Read 2244 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
For the record I was right.

Most of us were, America just isn't the same as Europe, you can't compare the two and suddenly expect enacting a law to magically fix everything, I can guarantee the more they push for gun control in other states that the Mexican cartels over the border will switch to smuggling guns instead because it will be far more profitable than even drugs. The police will end up being stretched so thin the won't even be able to stop a robbery very easily because they're too busy trying to shut down all these people illegally buying guns and then another bunch of shooting will happen.

Well, it is a logical fallacy of the Liberal/Democrat/fascist/totalitarian variety to think that similar rules will work similarly for large and disparate groups of people, with different cultures and historical backgrounds.

If they would find  out the suspects are Americans then there will be called "American terrorist".
Naw.  Islamic terrorists are Islamic terrorists no matter where the rotten piece of wood they crawl out from under is located.  No different than cockroaches.  Do cockroaches have a nationality?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
If they would find  out the suspects are Americans then there will be called "American terrorist".
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
The more that they talk about gun control and banning guns the more people stockpile guns. It´s rather obvious which begs the question why are they so desperate to have people hoard guns?

About the most glaring reason for this stockpiling is basic speculation. When you anticipate interrupted supply in something that usually is in pretty high demand you stock up on it to sell later at profit.

There are other reasons of course and all this government talk spikes sales for those reasons as well.

There´s no way around it, well assuming that that the people in charge are  aware of the connection between effect and cause - they want people to buy guns in droves. They want to spike gun sales and use every opportunity for their marketing campaign. The question is why?

So they know who is anti-government and who is asleep (and turning in their guns rather than buying them). Then they know who the enemy of the state is. In war you want to know who your enemy is.

Well, half the population views the government as a threat and almost no one believes a word from it so yes, I could see them being worried about "enemies of the state". And since they´re obsessed with defining unpleasant things somehow out of existence (terrorism for example) to cover their own incompetence, they probably define state and government as the same entity. Kings in the middle ages did the same...'L'etat c'est moi' ('I am the state') --Louis the XIV. It´s typical autocrat mentality.
Activity: 504
The more that they talk about gun control and banning guns the more people stockpile guns. It´s rather obvious which begs the question why are they so desperate to have people hoard guns?

About the most glaring reason for this stockpiling is basic speculation. When you anticipate interrupted supply in something that usually is in pretty high demand you stock up on it to sell later at profit.

There are other reasons of course and all this government talk spikes sales for those reasons as well.

There´s no way around it, well assuming that that the people in charge are  aware of the connection between effect and cause - they want people to buy guns in droves. They want to spike gun sales and use every opportunity for their marketing campaign. The question is why?

So they know who is anti-government and who is asleep (and turning in their guns rather than buying them). Then they know who the enemy of the state is. In war you want to know who your enemy is.

There´s no way around it, well assuming that the people in charge are  aware of the connection between effect and cause - they want people to buy guns in droves. They want to spike gun sales and use every opportunity for their marketing campaign. The question is why?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

Most of us were, America just isn't the same as Europe, you can't compare the two and suddenly expect enacting a law to magically fix everything, I can guarantee the more they push for gun control in other states that the Mexican cartels over the border will switch to smuggling guns instead because it will be far more profitable than even drugs. The police will end up being stretched so thin the won't even be able to stop a robbery very easily because they're too busy trying to shut down all these people illegally buying guns and then another bunch of shooting will happen.
FBI struggles with definition of California attack, may treat it as an act of terrorism

Meanwhile; "If you see something, say something" seems to have evolved into "If you say something, we will prosecute you" or at least I seemed to get that impression from listening to the woman that replaced Eric Holder. Where in the heck do they dig up these people?

Anyway, I personally feel bloody terrorized by these events no matter how Big Brother categorizes them´

It´s tragic. Senseless. What a waste.

This 37-year-old man was one of those killed

Activity: 1288
Merit: 524
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
And Btw I have been very open about trumps presidential bid right until he made the call to kill terrorists families.

What a doosh bag

At that point we are no better than the terrorists.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 524
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market

legendary
It's funny how people are so anti-police right now, but they want them in charge and the only ones with guns, lol.

I think that's a great example of cognitive dissonance Smiley

South Park had a great episode on that very subject actually, they've been on a total roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Td5vPfrOo
Man, what a crazy story

and this is what a lady in Shelbyville, Tennessee had to say about it

Every Florida resident should be outraged at stories like this. 35 years old, 22 felony CONVICTIONS, and still out on the streets to terrorize law-abiding citizens??? And his bonds only total $27,500??? It is long past time to expand the scope of the three strikes law!!! Welcome to the insanity we call America.
legendary
Here´s  the most recent feel good stories from thisainthell.us .. never a dull moment...

In Bradenton, Florida, a homeowner tackled an armed burglar and took his gun. When the burglar made a motion that looked like he was trying to draw another firearm, the homeowner shot him in the ankle with the burglar’s own gun and then bear-hugged him until the police arrived and took the criminal off to the hoosegow. It’s always a good idea to have your own gun and you shouldn’t depend on the burglars to bring a gun for you.

Wait, so you should have your own gun?

I guess so.

What if the burglar's gun was broke or unloaded or something?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
It's funny how people are so anti-police right now, but they want them in charge and the only ones with guns, lol.

I think that's a great example of cognitive dissonance Smiley
Here´s  the most recent feel good stories from thisainthell.us .. never a dull moment...

Bobo sends us our first story from Colorado Springs, Colorado this morning where an enlisted soldier let a fellow into his residence who looked like a plumber, until he threatened the soldier with a knife which caused the soldier to pull out his gun and hold the thief until police arrived. It turns out that the thief also had a gun in his waistband that he wisely kept hidden from the soldier.

In Bradenton, Florida, a homeowner tackled an armed burglar and took his gun. When the burglar made a motion that looked like he was trying to draw another firearm, the homeowner shot him in the ankle with the burglar’s own gun and then bear-hugged him until the police arrived and took the criminal off to the hoosegow. It’s always a good idea to have your own gun and you shouldn’t depend on the burglars to bring a gun for you.

A very detail-starved story from Las Vegas, Nevada reports that an armed citizen was injured when he intervened in a robbery. The victim and the criminal shot it out. The victim is in critical condition, but no mention of the criminal’s status at the moment.

In Tulsa, Oklahoma an armed homeowner scared off two burglars and held the third at gun point until police arrived after the trio forced their way into his home armed with a machete and a club.

In the dumbass criminal department, two fellows in Pontiac, Michigan are behind bars because they took a video of the home invasion of a disabled man with the victim’s phone and posted the video to his Facebook wall as well as their own.

legendary
I don't know if he´s invoking fear to get rid of guns. If he is and it´s policy it has clearly had the opposite effect. I think gun sales spike after every terrorist attack. Which is a natural reaction from the population. They keep getting repeated confirmation about the obvious: the government can´t keep the peace so they have to be prepared to do the peacekeeping themselves.

That's just it with this sort of thing, people who rant on about guns don't realise that the police can't keep up with these people and react properly so people are just ignoring everything the politicians say.

At some point all the CCL holders are going to say "Enough!" and refuse to assist when something bad comes down in a place with prominent "No Gun Zone" signs posted.
legendary
I don't know if he´s invoking fear to get rid of guns. If he is and it´s policy it has clearly had the opposite effect. I think gun sales spike after every terrorist attack. Which is a natural reaction from the population. They keep getting repeated confirmation about the obvious: the government can´t keep the peace so they have to be prepared to do the peacekeeping themselves.

That's just it with this sort of thing, people who rant on about guns don't realise that the police can't keep up with these people and react properly so people are just ignoring everything the politicians say.
legendary
You only hear of a fraction of mass shootings in the media. I guess they only bother if a number get killed.

But so far in 2015 there have been 353 mass shootings in the U.S. where four or more people have been shot. Not necessarily all killed. Shot, as in shooting. According to:

http://shootingtracker.com/wiki/Mass_Shootings_in_2015

The southern border of the US with Mexico has long been where drug gangs acted no differently than ISIS, in attempting to hold control of large areas by terror.  Mass killings, beheadings, rape, all the tactics.

Yeah, those scumbags virtually rule territories by terror. I don´t know what else to call it. Maybe Texas should invade and clean up at least the border areas. The Mexicans don´t seem up to the task. Or maybe they´re not too interested.

Texas has done exactly that before.  Historically that was the reason for the creation of the Texas Rangers - to do exactly what Washington really didn't care about.

Today the gangs keep 90% of the violence a mile or two on the Mexican side, to avoid angering the sleeping giant and resulting in exactly the outcome that you suggest.

I guess given the nature of the work of the Mexican Cartels, you could call all this "workplace violence."

Of course the Mexican people suffer under harsh anti-gun laws, so they are easy to terrorize.  Once you cross to the American side, at least within a hundred miles of that border likely even home has firearms.    Make no mistake about it, this deters the terrorist activity or at least contains it to areas where they can locate soft targets. 

This article from Detroit shows similar logic -

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/12/01/armed-citizens-deter-terrorist-attacks-in-detroit-police-chief-says/
You only hear of a fraction of mass shootings in the media. I guess they only bother if a number get killed.

But so far in 2015 there have been 353 mass shootings in the U.S. where four or more people have been shot. Not necessarily all killed. Shot, as in shooting. According to:

The southern border of the US with Mexico has long been where drug gangs acted no differently than ISIS, in attempting to hold control of large areas by terror.  Mass killings, beheadings, rape, all the tactics.

Yeah, those scumbags virtually rule territories by terror. I don´t know what else to call it. Maybe Texas should invade and clean up at least the border areas. The Mexicans don´t seem up to the task. Or maybe they´re not too interested.
legendary

The southern border of the US with Mexico has long been where drug gangs acted no differently than ISIS, in attempting to hold control of large areas by terror.  Mass killings, beheadings, rape, all the tactics.
Pages:
Jump to: