Pages:
Author

Topic: Why aren't you investing in a 2.0 platform? - page 2. (Read 1346 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Counterparty doesn't seem to be as high quality as the others.  Too much downtime I guess.
Maybe that is why the price hasn't really done anything whereas the others are jumping up and down constantly!
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
The Best Investment Deserves The Largest Exposure
I do, I invest in Nxt.

Absent from the list.

Nxt was the first cryptoplatform released, already end 2013.

It was the first 100% Proof Of Stake, offering the first decentralised messaging, reaching $100 million market cap within a few months.

Half a year later it was the first with a decentralized exchange, and today the most assets traded.

1 year later it was the first with a decentralised Monetary System, allowing you to launch your own coin with a few clicks.

It continues to be at the leading edge, just released decentralized shuffling, the first cryptoplatform offering this.

As an investment it's also interesting as it's much cheaper than many other cryptoplatforms mentioned above.

Did you know Nxt exists?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

Because I'm investing in 3.0 technology! DUH

This "smart contract" stuff is basic and played out now. We need more than that.

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Yup. It's a very interesting time. So much has been learnt and businesses and governments are open to crypto related ideas. If one hooks a major use case it could dwarf the current market cap of all coins. No idea whether that system exists now but there's a good chance it'll arrive at some point. The shitcoin has been buried forever hopefully.

Hear Hear!  Grin. let's hope the days of horseshit horsecoins, economies built on tipping faucets, and fiscal stimulation by ryan pumper and his band of merry men are well and truly behind us .

I am not investing in a 2.0 platform for 1 reason only:

Because I'm investing in them all

Good man.

Simple. All those platforms will eventually be built on top of bitcoin. They will all be rendered useless/worthless.

Few ears ago I had the opportunity to invest in a business developing batteries. they were working with lead acid technology. At that time I knew the future in energy storage lied in alternate battery storage (supercaps, nanophosphates, lithium etc) They were smaller, lighter with better lifespan, better depth of discharge and so on. Nobody wants a car battery in a cellphone.  I knew eventually new tech would usurp lead acid rendering this companies stock /worthless and all their R&D useless. Fast forward to today and the stock performed well over the past years and is still performing fine. Plenty of people still using Lead batteries. Same story with SSD's and HDD's. There were so many eventualities to consider that without a crystal ball not investing based on what might happen years down the line was a poor decision.

My point is what you said is a hypothesis, not an absolute. But let's pretend it's a fact. that at some point Bitcoin will clone every feature of Bitshares, CounterParty, Ethereum,  Factom, Maid etc,
That point has not arrived today. That's the important thing to note.  if you are not an investor but a consumer, or just care about holding btc you can sit pretty because non of this applies to you

If you are a speculator however, why would you not take advantage of investing in something whilst it exists, and instead decide to just wait until said innovation is becomes the norm? if you wait till that time you have missed your chance to get in the door early. You can use your same argument of inevitable evolution to say *eventually* bitcoin will be built into something else and thus be rendered useless/worthless. Does that mean it's not an exciting chance today, should we not invest? Of course not!
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Simple. All those platforms will eventually be built on top of bitcoin. They will all be rendered useless/worthless.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Yup. It's a very interesting time. So much has been learnt and businesses and governments are open to crypto related ideas. If one hooks a major use case it could dwarf the current market cap of all coins. No idea whether that system exists now but there's a good chance it'll arrive at some point. The shitcoin has been buried forever hopefully.
For reference, here is some recent industry news. Everyones heard about the Eth news, but I think the Factom and Counterparty news are promising too.

BITSHARES
------  26th Feb 2016 -----

BitShares, a blockchain-based financial smart contract platform has announced the upgrade of BitShares 2.0. The platform is now built on a system known as “Graphene toolkit,” which is developed by an independent blockchain development company founded by the core developers of BitShares, called Cryptonomex Inc.With the implementation of a new crypto-technology called SmartChains, the soon-to-be released BitShares 2.0 reportedly is set to have the “Speed of the NASDAQ,” with a new “high-performance protocol and engine, capable of handling over 100,000 transactions per second. >> https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitshares-2-0-plans-adapt-new-smartchains-cryptotechnology-1434493809

COUNTERPARTY
------  3rd March 2016 -----
Blockchain startup Symbiont has scored a partnership with the potential to level the playing field in a growing group of New York City-based startups weaving the technology that underlies bitcoin into the heart of Wall Street.
While competitors in the space have been announcing a series of major partnerships, Symbiont has been relatively quiet until now. The company today unveiled a deal with Ipreo, a business co-owned by asset manager Blackstone and investment bank Goldman Sachs, to launch a new firm in the $3 trillion syndicated loan industry.

"With LTS, we addressed the legal and process problems that have plagued loan trade settlement,” said Kevin Marcus, president of Ipreo in a statement. “Our joint venture with Symbiont marries this solution with the transformative power of blockchain technology."

>> http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2016/03/03/blackstone-and-goldman-sachs-subsidiary-launches.html

ETHEREUM
------  1st March 2016 -----

BlockApps, a startup providing Ethereum blockchain software for enterprises, has become the first certified offering on Microsoft Azure's Blockchain-as-a-Service (BaaS) marketplace.

With its latest post, Microsoft also announced that asset exchange provider AlphaPoint and Internet-of-Things micropayments startup IOTA have joined its Azure BaaS platform.

Launched in October, Microsoft has been steadily adding providers to its blockchain testing environment for enterprises, though BlockApps' Strato platform is the first to gain certification ]http://www.coindesk.com/microsoft-ethereum-startup-blockchain/

FACTOM

------ 28th Feb 2016 -----
Factom has since signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the international tech consulting firm iSoftStone, a firm with a network that includes 22 offshore delivery centers across China and over 20,000 employees. Factom will offer business advice and technical knowledge as iSoftStone shapes a blockchain strategy for its smart city solution.

As part of the new agreement with Factom, ISoftStone will use Factom’s Apollo Product to provide a data storage, auditing, and verification layer for several regions in China. iSoftStone plans to use the platform to store smart city sensor data, which can monitor a range of data, from pollution to traffic.

Further strengthening ties in the region, Factom recently announced a partnership with Ancun Zhengxin, one of China’s largest data notarization services. This will enable Ancun to offer blockchain powered versions of their internet and voice notary services, which cover a range of formats, including documents, email, instant messaging, official contracts, copyrights, electronic government data, certifications, and even medical data. Ancun would be able to offer these services in their offices, which number over 100 in China  .>>  http://bravenewcoin.com/news/factom-securing-blockchain-partnerships-in-china/
As cryptocurrency investors previously we weren't investing in much. Promises of devs and their shill cheerleaders, greater fool theory, pump teams etc
we Investors we could not answer the important questions: why is PANDAcoin #1 different from PANDAcoin #2 ? Why will Fedoracoin become a long term store-of-value? Is it a good idea to remorgage my house to jump on Paycoin?
We were investing in shit, backed by nothing. With NO profit model and NO use-case outside bitcointalk forums.  Some of these crypto abominations will be described in the history books as pigs with chapstick because even lipstick was too fancy

Anyone who's been here for years must be sick of it. I took a break for a bit and was shocked to come back to bitcoin supporters divided. handbags at dawn all over reddit and squawking and squabbling like little bitches.
Not much redeeming in the scene aside from certain alts actually finally gaining an air of legitimacy.

the internet bubble ushered in the era when it wasn't only geeks on BBS's ,the fintech scene is clearly embracing blockchain tech with open arms. the blockchain era means your favorite project might actually be used in the real world, and we can finally start to begin making real valuations on these projects, just as you would a stock. Educated speculation, if you will. REAL money from the big boys coming in

So surely it makes sense to invest in something that may be getting real world use-cases, well funded developers and niche products targetting specific industry use cases?

Pages:
Jump to: