Pages:
Author

Topic: Why bitcoin prices are always very unstable - page 2. (Read 10427 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
At this point in bitcoins life, people are treating it more as a stock... people are buying into bitcoin and waiting for it to go up...Any little ups or downs cause a rush to sell or buy as if there was bad news with a tech company's product or third quarter earnings... As long as bitcoin is treated this way... we will have these price swings.

More people need to treat bitcoin as if it were gold or silver.... hoard it away for 5+ years .... and then see what the price is... there needs to be a few more reward halving for to be realized just how rare bitcoin really is.... Then and only then can bitcoin be used as a stable means of trade....

Next ... Bitcoin must not be traded into and out of fiat currency.....

100 years ago...you could buy a fine 3 piece suit for a 1oz .gold coin.. And at today's prices... you can buy a fine 3 piece suit for that same gold coin...... this is only a reference at the gold or the suit didn't change any in 100 years.... it was the fiat currency value that changed.....

Buy and hold bitcoin for long term investment .. and price doesn't matter.

A lot of the early adopters have hoards of bitcoin. They have been holding for a long time now. I guess it will be some time before others think that way as well.
Activity: 124
Merit: 11
At this point in bitcoins life, people are treating it more as a stock... people are buying into bitcoin and waiting for it to go up...Any little ups or downs cause a rush to sell or buy as if there was bad news with a tech company's product or third quarter earnings... As long as bitcoin is treated this way... we will have these price swings.

More people need to treat bitcoin as if it were gold or silver.... hoard it away for 5+ years .... and then see what the price is... there needs to be a few more reward halving for to be realized just how rare bitcoin really is.... Then and only then can bitcoin be used as a stable means of trade....

Next ... Bitcoin must not be traded into and out of fiat currency.....

100 years ago...you could buy a fine 3 piece suit for a 1oz .gold coin.. And at today's prices... you can buy a fine 3 piece suit for that same gold coin...... this is only a reference at the gold or the suit didn't change any in 100 years.... it was the fiat currency value that changed.....

Buy and hold bitcoin for long term investment .. and price doesn't matter.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I think about this question for quite a long time. The main reason I think is because it is only used for speculation. We need more real world applications to make it more stable.

Great so we're all gambling on a digital currency with no use yet... great.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I think about this question for quite a long time. The main reason I think is because it is only used for speculation. We need more real world applications to make it more stable.
BTC become more stable now at $350 and will always be the daddy coin, but IMO LTC does have more profit potential, like right now LTC to $12 is not going to be as hard as BTC going to $1000 again

Lmfao this comment is hilarious... Lite coin is crashing & burning atm, soon LTC will be a thing of the past! It has no future!!
*Bitcoin Betting*
Because of the poor liquidity... Even moderate orders can move the price up or down big time.

Gonna have to go with this response IMHO

I have to agree with this.. I think you have more to say than others here.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
Because of the poor liquidity... Even moderate orders can move the price up or down big time.
The correct response.  Anyone with an inkling of how capital markets work will realise liquidity in Bitcoin is a serious issue.  We only just got our very first regulated derivative FFS.  We have a long way to go but ultimately liquidity will bring price stability.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Bitcoin price is always so strange, two days ago also once close to $390, Paypal a message about Paypal  made the price get up to $460, Then slowly decline. This lets the human mind is always anxious ah, buy or sell it ?Next, the price is up is down?No one can give correct answers.

The rally is real on good news, but there are still more miners selling than speculators buying.

A few years ago, mining were spread out over many small fish when people believe in the technology and horde all the coins they mined. This is no longer the case when ASIC came out and cooperation get involved.

In other words the price will keep falling at a faster rate as more and more cooperations get involved
Activity: 294
BTC become more stable now at $350 and will always be the daddy coin, but IMO LTC does have more profit potential, like right now LTC to $12 is not going to be as hard as BTC going to $1000 again
it is because a lot of selling going on bitcoin in Russia, this is because his existing laws that prohibit possession of bitcoin in Russia, it makes the holder bitcoin bitcoin in Russia to sell to the market, so stock bitcoin abundant in the market, and as a result of law if the stock market an abundance of goods, then the selling price of the item will be dropped ...  Cry

But the price is going UP

Russians selling all their BTC should be pushing the price DOWN.

Maybe Russians are selling because they are making their own.
Activity: 421
Nowadays a lot of btc users are traders and ASIC owners. They create the up and down waves. Price will be stable if shops, customers and other participants of market use more btc.

There is the forecast for btc exchange rate from Korea
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Bitcoin price is always so strange, two days ago also once close to $390, Paypal a message about Paypal  made the price get up to $460, Then slowly decline. This lets the human mind is always anxious ah, buy or sell it ?Next, the price is up is down?No one can give correct answers.

I personally think that corporations that are accepting need to turn it over back into fiat (because thats how they ultimately look at their bottom lines), miners needing to cover their costs, various reports of very early adopters converting large sums, & regulatory uncertainty is the reason for the extreme volatility. If you're bullish bitcoin, this shouldn't matter much. Considering bitcoin went parabolic last year, this type of retrace amid the black swans that I just mentioned is natural. From a technical standpoint you'd be a bit concerned maybe in the near term, possibly. Real price expansion will happen once we work thru alot of transitory variables (most mentioned above) and more mainstream aggregate demand occurs along with merchant adoption to support the supply/demand imbalances we are seeing being reflected in price as volatility. Hope that helps!
Corporations need to convert their bitcion back to fiat because they have nothing to do with it. Corporations are not investment vehicles and will generally not hold an asset for an investment (except extremely safe ones like US treasuries) unless it relates directly to their business (for example a warehouse or their inventory). Until we see more B2B bitcoin transactions corporations will continue to sell their bitcoin quickly (likely causing large spikes in supply), however as we see more b2b transactions this will slow down and eventually stop

While I understand the point you're trying to make, it's moot because OP asked what factors were dropping price and creating volatility. As Im sure you already know, when sell orders are larger than buy orders it creates downward pressure on price... As far as the corps having lack of desire to conduct B2B transactions in Bitcoin, I agree until we see larger willingness from said corps to utilize their btc in a way that supports price, it will continue to be volatile.
Part of the selling pressure is because of large merchants selling the bitcoin they receive from their customers. If they were to engage in b2b transactions then this selling pressure would be reduced
Activity: 18
it is because a lot of selling going on bitcoin in Russia, this is because his existing laws that prohibit possession of bitcoin in Russia, it makes the holder bitcoin bitcoin in Russia to sell to the market, so stock bitcoin abundant in the market, and as a result of law if the stock market an abundance of goods, then the selling price of the item will be dropped ...  Cry

But the price is going UP

Russians selling all their BTC should be pushing the price DOWN.
Activity: 280
it is because a lot of selling going on bitcoin in Russia, this is because his existing laws that prohibit possession of bitcoin in Russia, it makes the holder bitcoin bitcoin in Russia to sell to the market, so stock bitcoin abundant in the market, and as a result of law if the stock market an abundance of goods, then the selling price of the item will be dropped ...  Cry
Activity: 14
Bitcoin price is always so strange, two days ago also once close to $390, Paypal a message about Paypal  made the price get up to $460, Then slowly decline. This lets the human mind is always anxious ah, buy or sell it ?Next, the price is up is down?No one can give correct answers.

I personally think that corporations that are accepting need to turn it over back into fiat (because thats how they ultimately look at their bottom lines), miners needing to cover their costs, various reports of very early adopters converting large sums, & regulatory uncertainty is the reason for the extreme volatility. If you're bullish bitcoin, this shouldn't matter much. Considering bitcoin went parabolic last year, this type of retrace amid the black swans that I just mentioned is natural. From a technical standpoint you'd be a bit concerned maybe in the near term, possibly. Real price expansion will happen once we work thru alot of transitory variables (most mentioned above) and more mainstream aggregate demand occurs along with merchant adoption to support the supply/demand imbalances we are seeing being reflected in price as volatility. Hope that helps!
Corporations need to convert their bitcion back to fiat because they have nothing to do with it. Corporations are not investment vehicles and will generally not hold an asset for an investment (except extremely safe ones like US treasuries) unless it relates directly to their business (for example a warehouse or their inventory). Until we see more B2B bitcoin transactions corporations will continue to sell their bitcoin quickly (likely causing large spikes in supply), however as we see more b2b transactions this will slow down and eventually stop

While I understand the point you're trying to make, it's moot because OP asked what factors were dropping price and creating volatility. As Im sure you already know, when sell orders are larger than buy orders it creates downward pressure on price... As far as the corps having lack of desire to conduct B2B transactions in Bitcoin, I agree until we see larger willingness from said corps to utilize their btc in a way that supports price, it will continue to be volatile.
Activity: 86

Activity: 28
I guess China has contributed a lot to the volatility. There are many irrational traders. They get panic or ecstatic quite often.
Activity: 14

Activity: 84
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
we must ask satoshi  Smiley

i just called him, and he said it`ll go to $1,000 soon.

he can only make it go to $1, he cant make it go to $1000
Pages:
Jump to: