Pages:
Author

Topic: why bitcointalk don't advertise anywhere. - page 4. (Read 587 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
Any special reasons for not advertising bitcointalk forum?
And don't we think there will be shortage of users here as time passes?

I've been on the forum for 10 years. Like me there are hundreds of users. And every day dozens of users sign up, some will stay for a short time others for longer, it all depends on how they get involved in the community and the goals with which they sign up.

So what's really the point of spending money on advertising elsewhere? Honestly, I don't see any reason why this should be accurate.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
Simply because such forum software is already really outdated and is unlikely to be used by the typical person knowing that we already have Twitter/Reddit. Mostly, the only people left(and the one's that will be interested in) using Bitcointalk are mostly the privacy conscious/advocates, the people who prefer something very simple and light weight, and the people who likes signature/bounty campaigns.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1268
Life's but a walking shadow!
Bitcointalk is a forum to discuss about Bitcoin and other whatnots, what would be the benefit of the forum spending money to run advertisement. Notwithstanding the number of users here, there is no financial gain for the forum. Bitcoin is quite popular around the world, and for the most people who find out about Bitcoin, it does not take long before they discover Bitcointalk and register on the forum. There are old users who have left the forum, but new users register everyday, though what we miss is the knowledge of some of the old users, and not the number they added to the overall traffic.

Having said that, because of Bitcoin, businesses like exchanges, mixers, gambling websites (that accept crypto), etc, have all sprung up, and there is no better place for them to advertise their business than in the biggest Bitcoin community, thus the users here can earn money through posting in the forum, and that is an added incentive and a reason why the traffic remains pretty high. I think if there is ever an end to paid signature campaigns, that's when the traffic in the forum would really go down, and we'll experience shortage of users.
Activity: 770
Merit: 180
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
A big brand these days do little in terms of advertising it's products and services. Mind you, Bitcoin forum talk is more of a community of like minded persons than one can  fathom. It doesn't require crowd to pass its info, else, how does one explain the rate of new comers who join after hearsay/word of mouth.
Lamborghini doesn't do much adverts because it knows its customers, although there are communities which dedicate their content to showcase their new products.  
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
it's a board to advertise on its community, not a company that will provide services.

bitcointalk is already the biggest crypto forumboard, there is no other that competes with bitcointalk. b because of its useful and unique content, it got organic traffic and new users. although there are other crypto forums, they don't have active users contributing to the content. when Theymos allowed ad auctions, there are many members bidding on the slots but right now he stopped it.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
This forum have the money they need to continue running for now.

Social media like Facebook are advertising, I have seen social media advertisements which are even Google ads and others.

This forum is not for profit.
Activity: 420
Merit: 252
My post made philipma1957 wear signature
While viewing football during weekends I see companies like Stake, Sportbet.io and many others advertise on the display boards and also sponsor football clubs and I also see them here advertising.

But I have never seen bitcointalk advertisment anywhere but yet there is traffic.
It is true that social media platforms like Facebook, twitter and Instagram does not also advertise anywhere but people advertise for them indirectly when they sample their profiles which will include their twitter and Instagram handles.
I have never seen: contact me on bitcointalk @Stephen.
Any special reasons for not advertising bitcointalk forum?
Pages:
Jump to: