Pages:
Author

Topic: Why cloud mining is a zero sum game - page 3. (Read 8012 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
November 18, 2014, 05:14:07 PM
The future of mining lies much more in the "cloud" than in home mining.

In theory, a well designed cloud mining system can provide both hardware and power at lower than residential rates.

This pooling of buy power should be enought to give both you and the managing company a profit from mining - if anyone makes profit from mining that is -

The current state of affairs seems to suggest that cloud mining is more expensive than home mining, as some people are willing to pay a premium for the conveniance of the service.
Many cloudmining providers take advantage of this and turn around HUGE profits.
As the mining industry evolves, I think taht cloud mining will become a better optin compared to hardware mining, and it will prove to be profitable for the company as well as the users.

For me cloudmining was (and still is)  the better option Smiley

Always depends what you are paying electric , which country you life, how many $$$ to have to spend on hardware.

And if you are not too tech savy i can be stressy handling the hardwareminers. Also there is heat and noise.

Activity: 238
Merit: 250
November 18, 2014, 07:16:47 AM
The future of mining lies much more in the "cloud" than in home mining.

In theory, a well designed cloud mining system can provide both hardware and power at lower than residential rates.

This pooling of buy power should be enought to give both you and the managing company a profit from mining - if anyone makes profit from mining that is -

The current state of affairs seems to suggest that cloud mining is more expensive than home mining, as some people are willing to pay a premium for the conveniance of the service.
Many cloudmining providers take advantage of this and turn around HUGE profits.
As the mining industry evolves, I think taht cloud mining will become a better optin compared to hardware mining, and it will prove to be profitable for the company as well as the users.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
November 16, 2014, 06:34:23 PM
I don't get posts like these. All the negative comments about cloud mining, when its been proved that LTCgear and GAW ROI. Are the negative comments hardware sellers? If you are reading this and thinking about cloud mining, don't listen to posts like this. Research the companies and do the math. You will miss the boat otherwise. Cloud mining is the future, the small home mining ventures are being pushed out.

you do the computation lets see if you wont complain about it.

It is very hard to ROI in BTC with cloud mining but it is possible especially if you get referrals  Wink

Most of the Cloudmining returns happen over time, and only then they turn out to be profitable. Most shutdown before that. But, investing and having referrals is definitely a good way to be profitable.

Cex.io was great to get referrals because the site is simple and beautiful

Cloudminr offers 7 to 9% on referrals which can add up very quickly; you get a free 100Ghs for a week just to try the service Wink
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
November 16, 2014, 06:08:17 PM
As someone said before "there is no easy money to be made in mining" anymore. As there are no clear winners in the cloud mining race yet some companies are leading the charts. Maybe you won't be rich after investing in cloud mining contract right away but testing waters would be nice. As you won't lose anything by doing so.
Activity: 252
November 16, 2014, 03:36:02 PM
I don't get posts like these. All the negative comments about cloud mining, when its been proved that LTCgear and GAW ROI. Are the negative comments hardware sellers? If you are reading this and thinking about cloud mining, don't listen to posts like this. Research the companies and do the math. You will miss the boat otherwise. Cloud mining is the future, the small home mining ventures are being pushed out.

It is very hard to ROI in BTC with cloud mining but it is possible especially if you get referrals  Wink

Most of the Cloudmining returns happen over time, and only then they turn out to be profitable. Most shutdown before that. But, investing and having referrals is definitely a good way to be profitable.
November 16, 2014, 03:02:49 PM

Activity: 294
November 16, 2014, 08:04:09 AM

November 15, 2014, 10:10:08 PM

What is the price you need to buy a Ghs today with average maintenance fees? 0.001?
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
November 15, 2014, 06:39:22 PM
November 14, 2014, 04:50:06 PM
Activity: 526
October 25, 2014, 04:51:51 AM
cex.io and pbmining is both good.. But I prefer pbmining..
Activity: 462
Firing it up
October 25, 2014, 03:51:01 AM
Starflyer, where did you buy your cloud mining contract? It is very important to use only good and reputable cloud mining providers. With some random and unknown company you can be in wrong hands. Not to mention they can scam you.

Is there a list of reputable cloud mining providers? There are so many companies these days that offer cloud mining services.

You can select cex.io or eobot , they do good things.
Activity: 462
Firing it up
October 25, 2014, 03:50:26 AM
You select the service as bulk the better. Currently, It's about time. We will know soon.
Activity: 518
October 23, 2014, 06:40:34 PM
Starflyer, where did you buy your cloud mining contract? It is very important to use only good and reputable cloud mining providers. With some random and unknown company you can be in wrong hands. Not to mention they can scam you.

Is there a list of reputable cloud mining providers? There are so many companies these days that offer cloud mining services.
Activity: 859
October 23, 2014, 05:17:00 PM
cloud miners will close up shop eventually and run with your bitcoins, so never invest into cloud mining, its a ponzi.
you meant the ones offering contracts or all of them?
Activity: 859
October 23, 2014, 05:15:44 PM
With flat diff mining is actually profitable now depending on the price of the equipment or shares. What do you think?

Activity: 700
Merit: 294
October 23, 2014, 11:08:04 AM

I agree that the future of mining lies in the "cloud". But I have a question. I purchased a 250GH miner with GAW Miners and I want to know if this was a smart move.

Why wouldn't it be?  You get a year of free hosting at GAW/Zen for your hardware miner, and if you haven't ROI'ed in a year, you can just convert it to Hashlets and start paying "rent".  Profit!
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1010
666 - slave 2 the grind -
October 23, 2014, 09:54:23 AM
cloud miners will close up shop eventually and run with your bitcoins, so never invest into cloud mining, its a ponzi.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 23, 2014, 09:31:23 AM
It depends on the company. I currently use 4 different cloud mining companies, there are all profitable ATM but LTCgear is absolutely the best. Have been with them since May and have reached 500% ROI so far.
Take a look at their review in my signature if you are interested.

Yeah, but do they do Btc?

Yeah most of them do BTC..
Pages:
Jump to: