Pages:
Author

Topic: Why cloud mining is a zero sum game - page 4. (Read 8012 times)

Activity: 485
Merit: 274
October 23, 2014, 04:58:55 AM
It depends on the company. I currently use 4 different cloud mining companies, there are all profitable ATM but LTCgear is absolutely the best. Have been with them since May and have reached 500% ROI so far.
Take a look at their review in my signature if you are interested.

Yeah, but do they do Btc?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
October 22, 2014, 06:25:01 PM
The future of mining lies much more in the "cloud" than in home mining.

In theory, a well designed cloud mining system can provide both hardware and power at lower than residential rates.

This pooling of buy power should be enought to give both you and the managing company a profit from mining - if anyone makes profit from mining that is -

The current state of affairs seems to suggest that cloud mining is more expensive than home mining, as some people are willing to pay a premium for the conveniance of the service.
Many cloudmining providers take advantage of this and turn around HUGE profits.

I agree that the future of mining lies in the "cloud". But I have a question. I purchased a 250GH miner with GAW Miners and I want to know if this was a smart move.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 22, 2014, 04:26:58 PM
completely agree.

Cloud mining is like paying rent. It's lost money. If the owners of cloud mining services could make more not renting their equipment then of course they would. But they make more from peasants thinking they can make a fortune. Common sense people.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
scams hunter!
October 21, 2014, 11:25:41 PM
yes cloud mining mainly blows
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
October 18, 2014, 01:51:22 PM
It depends on the company. I currently use 4 different cloud mining companies, there are all profitable ATM but LTCgear is absolutely the best. Have been with them since May and have reached 500% ROI so far.
Take a look at their review in my signature if you are interested.

Other then that, GAW s quite nice too but they have been reducing their payouts recently, I do not know whether this is going to continue.
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
October 18, 2014, 10:39:57 AM
1. It costs about 3 times as much per GH/s for sha 256 or MH/s for scrypt  as it does to buy a physical machine to do the work.  This effectively puts your break even (NOT RETURN ON INVESTMENT!) around 200 days or more for these cloud contracts.

2. Your breakeven point is around 200 days and not return on investment because you do not have any underlying value with the contract (unless it is a gawmining hashlet that you can resell).  With a machine your return on investment is helped somewhat by owning the machine at the end of the mining period.

Not correct. There are cloud mining services that offer GH/s for decent rates with fast ROI periods, like Hashie.co - starting from $4.51 per 10 GH Smiley

-Sahra

hashie.co is too new, high risk..
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
October 18, 2014, 09:41:25 AM
1. It costs about 3 times as much per GH/s for sha 256 or MH/s for scrypt  as it does to buy a physical machine to do the work.  This effectively puts your break even (NOT RETURN ON INVESTMENT!) around 200 days or more for these cloud contracts.

2. Your breakeven point is around 200 days and not return on investment because you do not have any underlying value with the contract (unless it is a gawmining hashlet that you can resell).  With a machine your return on investment is helped somewhat by owning the machine at the end of the mining period.

Not correct. There are cloud mining services that offer GH/s for decent rates with fast ROI periods, like Hashie.co - starting from $4.51 per 10 GH Smiley

-Sahra
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
October 17, 2014, 08:48:30 PM
I recently joined PBMining and according the first two payouts I must reinvest between 10-15% monthly to keep it. Even though, ROI is about 160 days.

I don't know how hard the difficulty will increase from now on but it seems pretty good to me!

Are you guys having similar results?

Where did you get the idea that ROI is 160 days for pbmining? It should be never...

I started march and i´m deeeeep in positive ROI with PBMining Smiley
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
October 17, 2014, 03:14:48 PM
I recently joined PBMining and according the first two payouts I must reinvest between 10-15% monthly to keep it. Even though, ROI is about 160 days.

I don't know how hard the difficulty will increase from now on but it seems pretty good to me!

Where did you get the idea that ROI is 160 days for pbmining? It should be never...

It really depends on how quickly difficulty increases.

I just bought 1 TH/S on PBMining to test the waters.  If it grows faster than 35%/month, then my ROI is basically never.  If it grows slower than 35%, then it's less than a year.  It's a gamble, but one I'm willing to take, since I've exhausted all electricity available to me at the moment.

Until a legitimate hardware upgrade opportunity comes up (that would significantly improve my current .7W/GHS), I'm testing out cloud mining options.
Activity: 272
October 17, 2014, 05:30:38 AM

October 16, 2014, 04:45:14 AM

Would you care to show how you worked that out?  With 60Ghz my first payouts were around the .02 mark while my latest have been about .0063 Btc.  Big difference.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
October 15, 2014, 08:30:02 PM

October 15, 2014, 06:22:16 AM
I'm with PBMining and several months ago when i signed up it looked like i would ROI in two months.  Payments have taken a dive and get smaller each week.  I mentioned this on their thread and people said you just had to buy more Hashes to make up for the increase in difficulty!!!!

Since when has increasing your investment while returns get smaller been a good idea? Huh
Activity: 394
October 14, 2014, 11:49:45 PM
I'm rapidly heading towards ROI so I have to disagree.

I've also mined at home and I don't miss the heat, noise, random issues and the high electricity bill.

Which cloud mining did you bought that is heading towards ROI?
Activity: 301
October 14, 2014, 04:38:32 PM
Thanks.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
October 13, 2014, 12:51:37 PM
My 4 week ROI disagrees

Really? which cloud mining did you purchase?

Like to know also.
Activity: 714
October 12, 2014, 10:38:54 AM
The future of mining lies much more in the "cloud" than in home mining.

In theory, a well designed cloud mining system can provide both hardware and power at lower than residential rates.

This pooling of buy power should be enought to give both you and the managing company a profit from mining - if anyone makes profit from mining that is -

The current state of affairs seems to suggest that cloud mining is more expensive than home mining, as some people are willing to pay a premium for the conveniance of the service.
Many cloudmining providers take advantage of this and turn around HUGE profits.
Activity: 420
October 12, 2014, 09:59:25 AM
My 4 week ROI disagrees

Really? which cloud mining did you purchase?
Activity: 595
Merit: 506
October 12, 2014, 05:33:39 AM
I'm rapidly heading towards ROI so I have to disagree.

I've also mined at home and I don't miss the heat, noise, random issues and the high electricity bill.
Activity: 524
October 11, 2014, 10:59:41 PM
If you look at CEX you will se however that the market price of the shares is way aboven ROI. There are a few reasons for it. One is the hope for BTC price movements making minig more profitable. Another one is the price fluctuation (read speculation). You can buy shares and re-sell them with profit and keep the mined coins.
Pfft! Their customers just want to re-mint old dirty bitcoin scrap into shiny new blocks without any history!
Pages:
Jump to: