Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Didn't Satoshi Think About Instant Confirmations? - page 4. (Read 2943 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I believe companies like coinbase make their transactions "off blockchain" so they happen instantly, then push all transactions out afterwards.  someone correct me if i'm wrong
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
I read somewhere(cant remember now) that Crypto 2.0 has instant transactions like stellar, ripple that's why bitcoin should be updated to 2.0
Activity: 676
The problem is with vendors/sites that force you to wait for multiple confirmations -- the worst are ones that still make you wait for 6 confirmations. I could see it if we were still in 2010... but zero confirmation transactions should be the norm. See: Bitpay.

I've seen it on luckyb.it for the first time. Is there any practical reason for requiring confirmations?
Activity: 504
The problem is with vendors/sites that force you to wait for multiple confirmations -- the worst are ones that still make you wait for 6 confirmations. I could see it if we were still in 2010... but zero confirmation transactions should be the norm. See: Bitpay.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
Transactions are instant, are you referring to confirmation?

I have done a lot of transactions all happens in usually 1-2 seconds or less.

confirmed  Tongue

Activity: 882
Where am I?
Transactions are instant, are you referring to confirmation?

I have done a lot of transactions all happens in usually 1-2 seconds or less.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
That's how he envisioned and created Bitcoin. The transactions are instant. However, confirmations are not... Smiley
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
Well...   not actually "instant", but he could have though of 'faster' transaction confirmations.

When someone of his skills and imagination is on his path to create a decentralized digital currency, how is the transaction times are not given the most important thought process? I'm sure it isn't hard to imagine instant transactions in today's worls when email is the medium of daily communication which delivers messages in matter of seconds?

EDIT:
Had to change "Transactions" to "Confirmations" in title since it was a slightly misleading in terms of what I wanted to convey.
Pages:
Jump to: