Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 431. (Read 901341 times)

Activity: 886
Merit: 1013
May 18, 2015, 08:51:37 AM
Because believing in something without evidence is idiotic.

All religions are nothing more than scams preying on stupid people.

Do you believe what your psychologist said to you? You see that's pretty much the same guesswork as the neolithic shaman's explanations about harmful of beneficial spirits Smiley.

Science has not uncovered the inner workings of a human brain so I take everything with a truck load of salt what a psychologist has to say (I don't even consider it real science yet).

The scientific method relies on available information and not idiotic beliefs. It is constantly evolving, scrutinized and does not stuck with dogmas.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
May 18, 2015, 08:44:42 AM

Do you believe what your psychologist said to you? You see that's pretty much the same guesswork as the neolithic shaman's explanations about harmful of beneficial spirits Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1512
May 18, 2015, 08:41:27 AM
Religion was made by some smart people to control a large amount of people.
And even today its being used as a weapon (ISIS, Al-Shabab, Taliban, Al-Queda and all the others)

I think they didn't make the religion. They just ruined what is the meaning about a true religion and used that for their private advantages. Yeah maybe they used that to be a leader or honorific person or the powerful man in the world.
You're wrong. This is the perfect way of controlling the majority of the population. In the past the times were often very tough, and the weak needed something to keep them going. Hope is the main thing that drives the majority even today. Introducing the religion concept helped control and keep most of the religious population at peace.
Atheists are the ones that are thinking for themselves. I'm pretty sure that the majority of people that are 'awake' and see the flaws in the current system (e.g. NSA anyone?) are either agnostic or atheist.
Atheists however aren't that many in numbers compared to Christianity for example. There is no exact number but you can check it out for yourself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

IMO he's right. Religions were not invented. Religions are evolved together with mankind as humans were searching for answers when they seen something inexplicable. Certainly if there's a demand someone will turn up with some sort of "supply". This is how charlatans, priests, psychologist trying to satisfy these demands for the quick buck Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
May 18, 2015, 08:33:32 AM

I wouldn't say that.  It's wrong.

Believing in something without good reason is idiotic; believing in something without evidence is not necessarily idiotic.

Clarifying, believing in something empirical without evidence is idiotic.  Believing in something non-empirical without evidence is perfectly permissible so long as you have a good, logical reason to do so.  Why?  Because 1) non-empirical things self-apparently exist, and 2) axiomatically, there cannot be empirical evidence for non-empirical things.

And, let me point out, that any proponent of science who states that it is idiotic to believe in something without evidence is a hypocrite, for the scientific method itself has purely non-empirical roots.
Activity: 886
Merit: 1013
May 18, 2015, 08:26:40 AM

legendary
Activity: 1022
May 18, 2015, 08:12:13 AM

You're wrong. This is the perfect way of controlling the majority of the population. In the past the times were often very tough, and the weak needed something to keep them going. Hope is the main thing that drives the majority even today. Introducing the religion concept helped control and keep most of the religious population at peace.
Atheists are the ones that are thinking for themselves. I'm pretty sure that the majority of people that are 'awake' and see the flaws in the current system (e.g. NSA anyone?) are either agnostic or atheist.
Atheists however aren't that many in numbers compared to Christianity for example. There is no exact number but you can check it out for yourself.

As a religion people, I keep my faith and pray to God to calming and strengthen my self when I got problem. I always giving thanks to God when I was blessed and got luck in my life. I think your opinion is not wrong, because every person has different perception about that. Other people used religion to control population, but for me, I used that to control myself.  Smiley

But again..

Why would you need that?
The need of attention or the need for feeling like someone cares about the things you are in need of or what you are happy about.

It looks more like a imaginary friend from a child that has a bad childhood with abuse.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
May 18, 2015, 08:03:50 AM

As a religion people, I keep my faith and pray to God to calming and strengthen my self when I got problem. I always giving thanks to God when I was blessed and got luck in my life. I think your opinion is not wrong, because every person has different perception about that. Other people used religion to control population, but for me, I used that to control myself.  Smiley
legendary
May 18, 2015, 07:13:05 AM
And even today its being used as a weapon (ISIS, Al-Shabab, Taliban, Al-Queda and all the others)

I think they didn't make the religion. They just ruined what is the meaning about a true religion and used that for their private advantages. Yeah maybe they used that to be a leader or honorific person or the powerful man in the world.

I agree on that.
A lot of people also call themselfs christian but when you ask questions when it comes to what they believe in then they sound more like athiests.
Its commun in Denmark that people are like that.

We live after christian ideals... (We have a democracy and no one is left behind, we help eachother)
But we dont go to church or pray.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
May 18, 2015, 07:04:30 AM

legendary
May 18, 2015, 06:31:58 AM

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
May 18, 2015, 06:26:05 AM
I can't remember even believing in god. The most I remember, if having to go to church and have time to think to know it was all meaningless. I came up with my concept of time there, and why there couldn't be a god, but I just couldn't ever tell my mother since she basically seemed to live for church. I think she enjoyed the people and singing in the choir the most. My youngest thoughts did always think god was the evil one, and the more you read the bible, you know this to be true. I wished the devil, Lucifer, or the light bringer was real, since they made sense. But alas, fairytales with magic and superpowers don't exist here on earth currently. And who really knows, this planet could have been seeded by another civilization. I thought the story "Jupiter Ascending" was pretty brilliant. I like to sit back and watch Supernatural, and think how cool it would be if that kind of stuff were real. But still, my life is my own, no higher being to worship for my life, and that keeps me happy.

I hate that people waste money on religion. Hate that tidings is a tax deduction, when most churches do not preform charity with even 50% of the funds taken in. If a person has to have something higher to believe in, to me, they obviously are missing something in their life. I feel pity for those that believe, but they don't want this pity, so I offer to insult them. Just doing my part to try to make this a better world. I don't even blame god for losing my mother when I was 24 due to Alzheimers. I just know there is no godly plan, and we should all be good people to one another and be good to this large rock, flying around our sun, around our galaxy, and out into the unknown universe, that we call home.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
May 18, 2015, 05:54:28 AM
Seriously what has religion got to do with children get beaten by their parents? My grandmother was never beaten up by her atheist parents. My mother was also born to theists but she was never beaten up by them nor was I beaten up by my parents for no reason. When I started playing mischief in school, my mom used to scold me and punish me but that's the parent's right. If they think that their scolding can improve their child, they have a right to punish them before they go on a wrong path.

Praise Jibbers Crabst! Seriously though you guys are a joke. What relevance will religion have in a world where medical science has solved aging? Science is zeroing in on that shit, you better believe it. Please stop violating the fragile and precious minds of your children with formative year religious indoctrination. It's hideously unethical you know, deliberately stunting the critical thinking abilities of a child, rewiring their impressionable little minds in ways hostile to scientific thought. Stop doing that, it's bad, you're bad and you should feel bad.

I really pity you. If you think that all those who believe in God are bad nobody can help you.

And others who say evil means religion. I have already mentioned about a person who was an atheist and killed a person for dropping his paint bottle. that might be not considered as evil?

Evil = Religion. Then I hope the atheists who believe in this don't work in offices of theists or have them as neighbors. Why to work or live with evil people.
legendary
May 18, 2015, 05:30:51 AM
Religion:

Its for people who can not think for themselfs and are not able to think further than looking up at the stars and think its heaven..
And look down into the vulcanos and think that is hell.

legendary
May 18, 2015, 04:30:07 AM
In my personal experience, it's always the religious folk that beat their children senseless. I know a married couple and they're both Atheist, and they don't hit their kids(Only going so far as a slap on the wrist), and there children are the most well-behaved I have ever seen.

When I was growing up, you'd hear horror stories of my friends Italian parents beating them with broom sticks and belts, and half of those guys are on drugs or entirely broke now. Don't even mention the various nuns in Ireland that worked the girls sent to their monasteries to death. Religious people are the worst example of parents in my experience(At least concerning Christianity, don't know about other religions in that personal regard).

Every person has the difference stories and experience in his life. I think there is a atheist family who hit their kids and there is who don't. Like atheist family, religions family have same condition. I think you just got the example from worst parents. There are so many best parents from religions.
Activity: 770
May 18, 2015, 12:31:06 AM
In my personal experience, it's always the religious folk that beat their children senseless. I know a married couple and they're both Atheist, and they don't hit their kids(Only going so far as a slap on the wrist), and there children are the most well-behaved I have ever seen.

When I was growing up, you'd hear horror stories of my friends Italian parents beating them with broom sticks and belts, and half of those guys are on drugs or entirely broke now. Don't even mention the various nuns in Ireland that worked the girls sent to their monasteries to death. Religious people are the worst example of parents in my experience(At least concerning Christianity, don't know about other religions in that personal regard).

I'm a good example of a christian child brainwashed and beaten as a child.  Luckily I was into computers early (1983) and forcing my mind to think in new ways, I eventually overcame my brainwashing.

As a result, I think I have an extremely high sense of morality and ethics - I feel stronger than someone who was never brainwashed to begin with.  Why?  Because I have seen the evil on the other side, and I understand why people are evil - religion.

Count me as a 2nd example. My parents were and are extremely religious. I grew up not to exercise reason, but to obey without question or forced to pray the rosary and others as punishment. I kind of steered away on my own, especially because of the hatred and downright stupidity I've seen among religious people(Even my parents). For ex: They'd act as if they were all high and mighty, such as looking down on people that had divorced, single women with children(Parents were into the mentality that men were the main leader of the household), homosexuals and thinking the universe was made in 6 days.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
May 18, 2015, 12:11:11 AM

I'm a good example of a christian child brainwashed and beaten as a child.  Luckily I was into computers early (1983) and forcing my mind to think in new ways, I eventually overcame my brainwashing.

As a result, I think I have an extremely high sense of morality and ethics - I feel stronger than someone who was never brainwashed to begin with.  Why?  Because I have seen the evil on the other side, and I understand why people are evil - religion.
Activity: 770
May 18, 2015, 12:07:42 AM

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
May 17, 2015, 11:26:38 PM
I believe in corporal punishment of children at the proper time, in the proper way, and for proper reasons.

So you're clearly just of the "nasty bastards using religion to excuse their desire to beat children into submission" school of thought.

Do you know it is possible to raise perfectly well-balanced, psychologically healthy children without inflicting pain on them or abusing them in any way whatsoever, including verbally?

My two children are marvellous little human beings who have not been shaped by being assaulted whenever they make a mistake, because there are ways one can be a responsible parent without abusing the position of power we have and betraying the trust they put in us to care and nurture them in a healthy and functional way.

But, then, you are so staggeringly ignorant and astonishingly dishonest in how you present your position and attempt to defend it, it does not surprise me that you think beating a child is a 'good' thing.

No surprise to me that he abuses them physically.  He has already abused them spiritually, and put them in a position of disadvantage for their entire life.  Sad
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
hyperboria - next internet
May 17, 2015, 10:06:24 PM
Why do Atheists hate Religion ?

LOL. What kind of question is that? I am an atheist, but i don't hate religion. I don't hate any religion and I respect people who believe in god. Religion and faith is a part of this world. People should have the freedom of choice. Hatred will not lead you anywhere. I think you just should reconsider something.
Activity: 784
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
May 17, 2015, 09:05:10 PM
I'm a woman and not married. I will turn to my mother as I see God in her as well.

God is the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority. For me this is the definition but I don't believe he has super powers because I haven't seen them nor do I believe in miracles.

I do believe that this earth also is a form of God, rain is a form of God, and the food I eat also is a form of God. I live on this earth, I get water from the rain, I am alive because of the food I eat. They keep me alive and for me, even my books are a form of God as I gain knowledge from them. God doesn't have a face or shape but he is in my heart.

Call my crazy or anything but I believe in God and not his super powers or magical powers.
Praise Jibbers Crabst! Seriously though you guys are a joke. What relevance will religion have in a world where medical science has solved aging? Science is zeroing in on that shit, you better believe it. Please stop violating the fragile and precious minds of your children with formative year religious indoctrination. It's hideously unethical you know, deliberately stunting the critical thinking abilities of a child, rewiring their impressionable little minds in ways hostile to scientific thought. Stop doing that, it's bad, you're bad and you should feel bad.

Jump to: