Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Difficulty increases feel like being ass raped?? - page 2. (Read 2890 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
I dislike miners who talk about ROI in terms of $$.  Always irked me... don't know about you guys Tongue.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Perhaps repressed memories?
legendary
Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019
. At the rate it keeps increasing, the only people that will make any money in mining are those that had $100K+ to invest in mining gear or cloud mining and was able to get around 15+ THS.

I thought having 1.3 THS was kickass, but it ain't shit... I would have been making over $100 a day 5 months ago.. Now I barely make $25 a day. What the shit is that?!? Unless BTC suddenly goes to $2000+, mining isn't going to be worth the $$$ anymore..

The ratio of invested money and return is exactly the same for $10 and for $100.000 (assuming you don't get a discount).
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
You have 1.3Ths of equipment and don't know how difficulty works?

yikes.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
Probably been discussed before but I'm not in the mood to search for it..
Then why should we be in the mood to respond? Wink

The difficulty increases to compensate for increased/decreased network hash rates.  2016 blocks should take 14 days.  Say it only takes 11 days.  The network responds by increasing the difficulty by (14/11)-1 * 100% ~= 27.3%

( Note that this is purely a reactionary method that assumes linearity, so if in the last 6 days the hash rate really climbed by 50% while before that it only climbed by 10% and there's no reason to believe that's going to stop any time soon, the difficulty will have to be adjusted by a relatively big percentage again in another 2016 blocks' time. )

And yes, your prediction is pretty much spot-on.  Solo mining for anything but the big farms is already out, and pooled mining for small time miners is also on its way out for those expecting to see any returns on it (never mind profiting).

Of course, you knew this when you got into it, right? Smiley

( Just wait until July/August 2016 rolls around. Woo! )
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Probably been discussed before but I'm not in the mood to search for it.. I don't know how the Difficulty is being determined, but the upcoming increase of 23% is really feeling like being ass raped. I have a real problem with Difficulty going up every god damn 12+ days.. At the rate it keeps increasing, the only people that will make any money in mining are those that had $100K+ to invest in mining gear or cloud mining and was able to get around 15+ THS.

I thought having 1.3 THS was kickass, but it ain't shit... I would have been making over $100 a day 5 months ago.. Now I barely make $25 a day. What the shit is that?!? Unless BTC suddenly goes to $2000+, mining isn't going to be worth the $$$ anymore..
Pages:
Jump to: