Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Investors always turn to reduce or deny bounty hunters their payments - page 4. (Read 434 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 14
Some Project owners together with some Bounty managers promise Hunters certain percentage of total tokens to be created.
These promised tokens inturn manipulates hunters to engage in these bounties expecting to be paid.
One main phrase that gets to favor this bounty managers and project owners is "bounty manager and project owners have the rigjt to male changes to the bounty tool at any point in time"
Should the above statement be allowed to continue?

There is rampant manipulation in the bounty section actually. That should not be allowed for me. That is a form of cheating. If there are changes, it should be made at least a month before the bounty ends and not in a day or two. I have seen bounty campaigns whose allocation are suddenly changed even when the campaign is already finished. There are also others that change the duration into more than triple the time without any additional reward. These are all forms of cheating. Nobody should participate in such cheaters.
Presently XCard project added extra 3 weeks to their bounty campaign but they never add more to the bounty allocation, i guess this is example of what you are referring to, well this doesn't mean i should stop promoting and if the project become successful it might favour in the end
Activity: 2856
Merit: 783
Burpaaa
Some uses those lines if theirs only few participants that are joining, so they can decrease the amount allocated for certain campaigns like social media, content or signatures. Some didn't reach certain numbers that needs to be transfer in other campaign types and some add rules , so it's their safest line whenever they wanted to change rules since they put it for their first launch.
Activity: 285
Merit: 10
Some Project owners together with some Bounty managers promise Hunters certain percentage of total tokens to be created.
These promised tokens inturn manipulates hunters to engage in these bounties expecting to be paid.
One main phrase that gets to favor this bounty managers and project owners is "bounty manager and project owners have the rigjt to male changes to the bounty tool at any point in time"

If not allowed to continue, how do you intend to make change to it?
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
We can't really do much when that phrase is wrote in guidelines, if you don't like that, don't join that particular bounty.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

Well... this condition ("bounty manager and project owners have the right to male changes to the bounty tool at any point in time") is extremely unfair to the bounty hunters and I don't know why it is being allowed here in Bitcointalk. I have seen the campaign managers misusing this condition very frequently. Sometimes they make KYC mandatory in the end, after not mentioning about it in the beginning. And sometimes, they extend the duration of the campaign, without increasing the bounty pool proportionately.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
All terms are just promises and also meant to be broken, some changes or adjustments are normal if the amount collected by the projects are low. My advise is don't expect too much about bounties. Even if you are paid with the right amount you can't be sure that you can sell your tokens at good prices.
Activity: 910
Merit: 254
See its the case with many bounty campaigns that they make changes at the time of payment but we cant say anything about it as they have already mentioned that that have rights to make changes in the agreement.Its upto you that you want to participate or not.They make changes to avoid problems like dump situation or any other issue.Make your own decision before joining.
Activity: 491
Merit: 100
We've been into bounties for a some time, once we see such disclaimer it is up to us to go into the bounty or not, if at the end it gets adjusted, we just have to take it in good fate because it was already stated. So I think it is good to do research and find a good project that will suit you including the reward but for disclaimer nothing can be done.
copper member
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
If you are joining the bounty campaign, you automatically agree with those statements, and it is right, managers and team members are allowed to implement KYC and change rules whenever they like. It would destroy their image, but they are allowed to do so.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
They have the rights to change it because if there will be some major changes, the participants will have no voice to disagree. And if this is a big case for you, don't join those bounties that has this kind of rule because it will continue to bother you once you've joined a bounty that has this rule.

With your title about investors, I don't get it why they also take a part of it?
Activity: 756
Merit: 251

There is rampant manipulation in the bounty section actually. That should not be allowed for me. That is a form of cheating. If there are changes, it should be made at least a month before the bounty ends and not in a day or two. I have seen bounty campaigns whose allocation are suddenly changed even when the campaign is already finished. There are also others that change the duration into more than triple the time without any additional reward. These are all forms of cheating. Nobody should participate in such cheaters.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 315
www.Artemis.co
You can choose if you join or not but managers have right to change the rules especially when the owner tell to manager what they do.
So if you join in bounty especially altcoins signature campaign expect that the rules will break.
Most of the time, managers always put the instruction in every bounty project that the team or the bounty manager has the right to modify the campaign rules. If bounty participants are reading the instructions very well, they should know and understand that the rules and regulation of the project is still in the hands of the one who manage it and the project itself.
Activity: 504
Merit: 25
With this point of yours i think both bounty manager and the project owners planned such from the start, if you see any bounty manager in such act you should raise alarm on here and there will be consequences, bounty hunters need to investigate every bounty projects very well before proceeding
Activity: 924
Merit: 505
You can choose if you join or not but managers have right to change the rules especially when the owner tell to manager what they do.
So if you join in bounty especially altcoins signature campaign expect that the rules will break.
Activity: 784
Merit: 21
I have seen this phrase many times in the bounty threads, but it did not stop me from participating in the bounty campaign, because this is not the main criterion for participation for me. I study the prospects of the entire project before participating.
Many bounty hunters failed to understand that there are many things to consider when promoting projects, developers are humans too, they need funds to be able to pay hunters for their hardwork as well, once project failed to me softcap there will be problem
Activity: 952
Merit: 513
If it's listed on the thread and available for people to see and read, and then you sign up and accept the terms there's not much you can complain or disagree with. They asked for the permission to fuck you over and they did later on...

A lot of companies use this as a way to advertise fake amounts and then save money by just drastically reducing the budget later on.

In the real world there is contract law so you can't add extreme terms to a contract but in something so unregulated like bounty campaigns you are shit out of luck.
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
I think they need to stop that kind of activity. They need to be fair to bounty hunters because it can help lot in promoting their projects. As a bounty hunter I was a victim of that kind of system specially in giving delaying rewards and quickly changing rules. Work and duty of every bounty hunters is not easy so they need to receive a right amount of salary in time.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

If they stated that before the campaign was opened to participants, then I don't see a problem with it as long as the changes they make in the future aren't drastically different from what the original conditions were of the campaign.

If you sign up to a bounty campaign with these aforementioned conditions, then it's really your own responsibility and risk.

But honestly, there is a lot of campaigns that are completely not worth your while. Do your own research before providing your labour.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 505
Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
I have seen this phrase many times in the bounty threads, but it did not stop me from participating in the bounty campaign, because this is not the main criterion for participation for me. I study the prospects of the entire project before participating.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
Every decisions make by the project teams will be passed onto bounty hunters by bounty managers, most times bounty allocation get reduced because the project failed to reach its target hardcap, if they pay bounty hunters when the project failed to met target it will be a total loss for the team, remember that bounty hunters like to dump, just think about it
This rules should also add in the OP the day posted it, that they are able to change the allocation depend on the raise fund or else give exact  calculated bounty  2-3% from raised funds not from the total supply .
If bounty hunters want to dump token from payment its thier right to do and owner know it already. before starting the campaign they know that most of the bounty hunter will sell it after the payment.
Pages:
Jump to: