Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver? - page 48. (Read 5247 times)

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167
1. maybe because they are more familiar with and understand about precious metal
2. a very proven and legitimate level of security by the world government
3. Their minds may have been weak that can not be too active
4. precious metal in the form of decoration can be used everywhere
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
Maybe this is because they already know more about gold and silver than with between digital money like altcoin and bitcoin this and again the change in price of gold and silver is more stable than the price change of bitcoin and altcoin members are very volatile
gold and silver price actually have same high volaitlity.it can move up and down like bitcoin does.bitcoin and commodity have same risk and profit.it is just about our knowledge while want to choose one of them,

NO you are wrong gold and silver price now not so high volatility like bitcoins and more over if you are in emergency of fiat currency need then anyone will give you loan against gold and silver immediately anytime 24 hrs but for bitcoin you have to find the exchange and user to buy and even the price should also be good to sell. So this is the main reason why more users are investing in gold and silver.
Activity: 882
Merit: 250
Maybe this is because they already know more about gold and silver than with between digital money like altcoin and bitcoin this and again the change in price of gold and silver is more stable than the price change of bitcoin and altcoin members are very volatile
gold and silver price actually have same high volaitlity.it can move up and down like bitcoin does.bitcoin and commodity have same risk and profit.it is just about our knowledge while want to choose one of them,
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
There may be reason exist I think personally. Such types of metals like gold  Silver are more valuable any single time , also high demand. These precious metals have always been a safe haven during economic downturns which they have seen as the best way to store value with less risk and being in the older generation category, high risk is something they would rather not be willing to deal with in their age. So I think for this reasons older people like to invest in gold and silver.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?

Till today, in some parts of the world, hardly will you see a judge who have spent like 25 years on the bench know how to use a computer or send emails. Everything we see as outdated today, has been a trend at some point in human civilization. Do you know how difficult it is to convince say our parents that staying on the computer or typing on your phone does not amount to engaging is cyber crime and some parents have even zeroed their minds that bitcoin is illegal because government have not said it is not.

People will that kind of view would find it difficult to invest in something else other than those that have come to test to be solid and they are hard towards change which is one of the reason why people like Warren are more critical of the crypto. In the future, people coming too will see what we are so engrossed about as outdated while we ourselves won't trust whatever they would be seeing at the time as the best form of investment. Its a matter of time and season.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 101
I think its one of the main reason is older people are not technically sound at present atmosphere. At present generation moving fast and fast in all sectors and they also catch up a new think quickly that an older person can not catch. As a result they always want to live in old thinking. On the other hand in old time they don't want to take risk that a young person deserve. They want to take free time, free think and live in free mood. But if he invest in market, he has to think always about market up and down that may lose his good time in old age. Grin Grin
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

People have seen gold and silver retaining value in periods of high inflation. You don't need to be sophisticated to invest in precious metals as well. The older generation might think twice about investing in equities and might run away from cryptocurrencies, but they will be at ease in gold and silver.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
To invest in precious metals is a wise idea. The name says everything: precious! And that is a good reason to invest in such goods. It guarantees stability for your money, it's a way to protect your money against depreciation. By investing in currencies you won't have the same security.

I'm not sure if only older people are doing this, if so, the younger ones should learn with them... And the younger ones should also teach the olders to invest in BTCs. More knowledge for both generations!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
my parents and older people in my country are more likely to choose gold or silver for their investment tools because these two already exist since hundred years ago and never been lack of interest or they says they can consider gold or silver are the most safer investment tools for long term purposse because the value will stable and gold or silver price wasn't too volatile such as crypto
Activity: 353

It is simply because older people would choose to the traditional way of investing which is through silver and gold. We all know that cryptocurrency is influenced by the modern technology and it is hard for the older generation to cope up with the changes and knowledge that they have to learn about it.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
The reason someone is interested in investing in precious metals is owned assets can be used or have a certain value and real. gold is more dominant than silver. if silver is usually used as decoration or handicraft
Activity: 798
Merit: 109
https://bmy.guide
Old people or old generation always use traditional methods for investment and they are not much familiar with the new technology or innovation to invest. The worst thing is they don't believe in new technology and always will believe in solid assets rather than digital assets as the new generation always prefer for the digitial assets rather than a solid one. It is opposite attraction for old and new people or generation.
Probably this is true and I agreed on this, old generation and until now they much prefer to invest precious metals/stone. Because they believed that what they saw and what they holding on, yes we can consider as a traditional investment. They think that digital money compared to precious stone are having big different and most people now I think 40% uneducated on digital money and lack of knowledge about modern technology.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
For families. it is a kind of financial insurance

Material gold is a valuable asset because it is a finite currency, which is held by most central banks. You do not buy Gold, but you actually buy a property insurance policy more correctly.

Gold is a good way to preserve the value of your assets from generation to generation. Only if you own gold in your portfolio can you look at other types of investments such as gold, index funds and speculative products.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
Old people like traditional methods. They don't like risks. They want to play safe and secure and that's why they like investing in precuous metals while cryptocurrencies are highly risky. Plus there is another explanation of Generation Gap. They want to hold physical assets rather than digitals ones.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
Old people or old generation always use traditional methods for investment and they are not much familiar with the new technology or innovation to invest. The worst thing is they don't believe in new technology and always will believe in solid assets rather than digital assets as the new generation always prefer for the digitial assets rather than a solid one. It is opposite attraction for old and new people or generation.
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
they are mainly for parents interested in investing in precious metals such as Gold, silver and others because I do not think they are much interested in the kind of investments associated with digital investments as well as bitcoin investments. there are several reasons that make them less interested in investing digitally and one of them is the age factor that causes limitations in the understanding of the form of investment digitally.
Activity: 336
Merit: 11
I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back

Well, precious metals are really a good investment product and me personally trading even today as they are still having that big number of traders in my country and people are in need of huge percentage on month after month. Especially every Indian has a big demand for gold and silver product and that is why these precious metals are been traded on the high scale in our country and the people think and trade them as their assets and due to this they love trading precious metals.
Activity: 227
Merit: 10
Probably it is because they were familiar with this type of investing, and the older you get the harder is for you to change your mind about something. Like the smartphones.
Activity: 546
This seems obvious for me because the older people are just afraid of everything new and fresh. This is true about any country and any nation in the world. Elders are just elders and so they are always unconfident in something new.
Most of old people are not aware about the blockchain technology and maybe because this are the technology of new generations, so they prefer to invest of what they have used to invest like in silver and gold, that is what I always hear from my mother that gold investment is very good for future and for emergency purpose, but for me crypto investment is better than gold because it always give good opportunity to be profitable.
Pages:
Jump to: