Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver? - page 50. (Read 5247 times)

Activity: 225
Merit: 0
Because between us and they have gap about generation  Grin Grin Grin
In fact, older people always have a lot of worries and I do not think they are interested in investing in Crypto because they are afraid because Crypto is so new and it's like a virtual thing, they can not see it and can not handle it. In addition, Bitcoin have a huge risk and it is not valued by any model and fears that this is a psychological game.
I have met many old people and I told them about Bitcoin, as a result I was scolded for daring to believe what the internet said, oh my gods @@
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
I think it's related to the risk vs return. Gold "Investment" is an "investment" with very low risk. I use quotes because gold is more of a hedging tool, not an investment tool. They will be more risk-averse as they get older, this is because they cannot recover from the investment losses like when they were young. While when we were young, we tend to be more risk-taking, because we can work harder to recover our losses.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?
Pages:
Jump to: