Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people deny the climate change? - page 2. (Read 2178 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
June 15, 2014, 10:54:18 AM
This, it's not to deny climate change, it's to deny it's caused by humans, industrial activity. I've seen some good reasons why it may not be our fault but just Earth doing what it does.

Do you want to deny these facts?

1. The Carbon-di-Oxide levels in the atmosphere has risen by more than 50% during the last 50 years.
2. Gases like Carbon-di-Oxide and Methane causes the green house effect, which rises the surface temperature of the earth.
3. Every year, some 31 billion tonnes of Carbon-di-Oxide is released in to the atmosphere, as a result of the human activity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
June 14, 2014, 03:16:03 PM
Because it might be the natural cycle of the planet and not some big marketing schemes to sell so called green items.

This, it's not to deny climate change, it's to deny it's caused by humans, industrial activity. I've seen some good reasons why it may not be our fault but just Earth doing what it does.

Anyway, it's better to prevent than let it happen and even if it's not our fault it's still a problem because eventually the climate will change. We need to adapt to relatively small changes in temperature first to buy us more time to be able to control the climate.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029
June 13, 2014, 05:39:53 PM
Answer to this topic is as same as: "Why ppl mine at Ghas even tho they know they could fuck up whole network".
In short: "People are greedy morons".

They do not care about thir own children, they do not care about anyone else, anywhere else....just themselves.
legendary
Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000
May the coin be with you..
June 13, 2014, 05:22:23 PM
What happened to global warming?  Roll Eyes

Hmm... right here:

Another three of four decades, and many of our heritage cities such as Venice and Baton Rouge will be gone for ever.

Might want to read this..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/10294082/Global-warming-No-actually-were-cooling-claim-scientists.html
legendary
Activity: 1540
June 13, 2014, 05:13:07 PM
Interestingly it isn't just America responsible for this kind of ignorance for once but there are people out there who would genuinely have you believe that there is nothing of value out in space and so on with absolutely no evidence to back it up.
Activity: 490
Merit: 280
June 13, 2014, 04:53:02 PM
Yeah, why do people do that? I mean, come on, it's a fact for christ sake!

Fact? I'm not sure. I support clean energy production and renewables. But I am pretty nihilistic about our "knowledge" of broad climate cycles. I think the study of climate change has been largely politically charged and unscientific -- and the fact is, our primitive science really cannot give us the answers you think they can.

Adding to that the downright space phobia some people have means that we can't simply go out and confirm our data by studying other planets, I think I'm more pissed off that the climate change debate has become that politically oriented that no real science can get done, lobbyists ruin everything in democracies, I'd accept just about any theory out there if there were evidence to back it up but unfortunately a lot of climate 'science' revolves around hysterical bullshit and then maybe one mildly convincing chart.

What do you mean space phobia? Who's against studying other planets? Is this some sort of movement in America(I'm assuming here...)?
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
June 12, 2014, 11:39:12 PM
I think it's because they prefer not doing anything about it than helping the environment and working hard. I think it's pathetic.  Angry
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
June 12, 2014, 11:30:14 PM
oil industry has injected millions of dollars into convincing people of it. money still buys influence. most of the cilmate change deniers are republicans, and it's not by coincidence.

The OPEC lobby has injected billions of USD in to the anti-bio Diesel lobbying. And I have found that most of those people who are on their payrolls are Democrats, although some are from the GOP such as Jim Inhofe.

http://home.comcast.net/~russ676/desiremore/biofuelmyths1.htm#bookmark1

5) Shills for Big Oil have infiltrated Internet comment fields

I have seen no evidence of this. On the other hand I am constantly running into Big Biofuel vested interests in comment fields.

Looks like he was spot on
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
June 12, 2014, 11:13:44 PM
oil industry has injected millions of dollars into convincing people of it. money still buys influence. most of the cilmate change deniers are republicans, and it's not by coincidence.

The OPEC lobby has injected billions of USD in to the anti-bio Diesel lobbying. And I have found that most of those people who are on their payrolls are Democrats, although some are from the GOP such as Jim Inhofe.
Activity: 658
Buy and sell bitcoins,
June 12, 2014, 04:04:43 PM
Because it might be the natural cycle of the planet and not some big marketing schemes to sell so called green items.

To play devil's advocate -- that's precisely the point I was trying to make earlier. It might be. So, too, we can't be sure that so-called climate change is not really happening.
legendary
Activity: 966
In holiday we trust
June 12, 2014, 03:54:14 PM
legendary
Activity: 1540
June 12, 2014, 02:35:09 PM

Fact? I'm not sure. I support clean energy production and renewables. But I am pretty nihilistic about our "knowledge" of broad climate cycles. I think the study of climate change has been largely politically charged and unscientific -- and the fact is, our primitive science really cannot give us the answers you think they can.

Adding to that the downright space phobia some people have means that we can't simply go out and confirm our data by studying other planets, I think I'm more pissed off that the climate change debate has become that politically oriented that no real science can get done, lobbyists ruin everything in democracies, I'd accept just about any theory out there if there were evidence to back it up but unfortunately a lot of climate 'science' revolves around hysterical bullshit and then maybe one mildly convincing chart.
Activity: 658
Buy and sell bitcoins,
June 12, 2014, 02:25:50 PM

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
June 12, 2014, 02:16:22 PM
The same reason.

Why do people believe in climate change?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
June 12, 2014, 02:07:50 PM
They believe the scientific community is divided, that it doesn't exist, or that G-d wouldn't let that happen.

climate change caused by man is a 90%+ consensus among scientists.. but don't bother presenting facts to the GOP base. they don't want any of that. jesus is great.

p.s., don't worry if you are female and get raped.. your body has defense mechanisms against it apparently. and vaccinations cause autism.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
June 12, 2014, 02:05:11 PM
They believe the scientific community is divided, that it doesn't exist, or that G-d wouldn't let that happen.
June 12, 2014, 01:58:38 PM

Wasn't it one such creature that said something along the lines of: god told Noa that there wouldn't be another flood, so climate change can't be a problem. Brilliant.  Roll Eyes

But the truth is I'm not sure it's helpful to put this in the context of republicans versus democrats; perhaps the republicans are the ones taking most of the money from the oil companies, but the democrats are as corrupt as they are, and would probably join in if they could.

oh, i'm not saying the democrat politicians are angels who wouldn't accept money from the oil companies. i'm just saying the republicans do it, because it falls in line with their deny-facts-and-education voting base.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
June 12, 2014, 01:57:31 PM

Wasn't it one such creature that said something along the lines of: god told Noa that there wouldn't be another flood, so climate change can't be a problem. Brilliant.  Roll Eyes

But the truth is I'm not sure it's helpful to put this in the context of republicans versus democrats; perhaps the republicans are the ones taking most of the money from the oil companies, but the democrats are as corrupt as they are, and would probably join in if they could.
June 12, 2014, 01:46:44 PM
Pages:
Jump to: