Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people feel so ofended by everything nowadays? - page 2. (Read 1745 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I think that's okay to ask for respect whenever you feel offended by someone or something, but I feel that this is getting way too far with people's (over) sensibility. Don't know if you get the idea of what I'm saying but it's really annoying to deal with people like that
If I post I don't like to do/eat/play something, then someone will immediately feel I'm attacking them and start arguing and making a discussion out of nothing more than an opinion (I'm talking about giving opinions about something not insulting people for what they do or think)

Don't know if you agree with this, but I really want to know if you feel the same or it's just me. Let me know your opinions  Wink

I agree, people nowadays make use of social media in a wrong way. Others would post everything in public, by doing so, they gave other people the access to their private life, thus criticizing them. In the end, they would get mad to those critics. One should be aware of the limitations they post in social media. Keep for yourself, do not give everything!
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
I think that's okay to ask for respect whenever you feel ofended by someone or something, but I feel that this is getting way too far with people's (over) sensibility. Don't know if you get the idea of what I'm saying but it's really annoying to deal with people like that
If I post I don't like to do/eat/play something, then someone will immediately feel I'm attacking them and start arguing and making a discussion out of nothing more than an opinion (I'm talking about giving opinions about something not insulting people for what they do or think)

Don't know if you agree with this, but I really want to know if you feel the same or it's just me. Let me know your opinions  Wink

It's just normal dude. People nowadays release their hate and anger on social media. It helps them to minimize the unfortunate things that happen to them. I know it's not a good trait for a person but as long it's not a grave threat then there is nothing to worry about. You can block them of you want bro if you don't like them.
Activity: 305
Merit: 107
I'm going to eat your cookies
Because of social media, we cannot stop people posting their opinions and sentiments no matter how stupid and nonsense it is.
People just need to learn patience and not giving a care on peoples lives.
But i think it's human nature that people get so offended because we always give a care. Cheesy
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
AltCom: ALBy5gkznL2RyJz7oyALSDJ3yekzxyP7P4
People feel so offended because of their Pride.
There were unfinish matters of the heart, especially unforgiveness and bitterness. 
Time won't heal the wounds, but real Forgiveness can heal the wounds. The opposite of Pride is humility. Be humble.

This is not yet a perfect world.
We are waiting for the second coming of our Lord Jesus.
When he comes everything will become NEW.
Activity: 91
This thread should definitely have come with a trigger warning.
Activity: 28
The internet. Mass communications have given virtually every single group, every identity a space to exist in. Once they have a space to exist, they become formalized, the community grows, there are new 'converts' ect.

For example, the whole Brony thing was only really possible because of the online community. I doubt the term Brony would of been so ubiquitous in the 80s or something
Activity: 28
I don't think many people are offended, I think it's mostly virtue signalling. They want to show others how "tolerant" they are by taking offense on behalf of others.
Activity: 23
I think part of it is crybullying. If I claim offense, then I seize the moral high ground, and can force you to cater to me to make amends. It's a power trip, and not a pretty one.
Activity: 25
It's simple, really: as serious offenses became practically nonexistent, the tolerance for more minor offenses decreased. So things that used to be brushed off or ignored completely started getting more focus because things that were actually serious simply didn't happen anymore.

Example: back in the day, a serious offense would be a public lynching for an interracial couple. As that became a thing of the past, the threshold for serious offense was reduced to racial slurs. As that became a thing of the past, the threshold was reduced again to simple racial descriptors. And once that becomes a thing of the past, the threshold will be reduced even further.

Good news is I think we're at the peak of just how intolerant of offense you can get before people simply stop taking you seriously.
Activity: 34
According to my observation, putting effort into something that can change their economic status or improve it but not getting positive responds as expected. And those expected to understand are even making things difficult.
Activity: 448
Merit: 122
You will agree with me that we are living in an unjust society today, where every one is perceived as an enemy until proven otherwise.
People living on assumption instead of facts and that has affected our sense of judgment in most cases.
People become offended easily this day cause their judge your action without even taking the time to know ur reason for those actions.
Activity: 91
23. English BA. OnlyFans.com/MistressLovely
It is not that people are becoming more offended these days, it is the fact that people have become rude and if you start to care you are degraded and looked at as weak. We are humans and allowed to care about our feelings. Those dismissing feelings should not be allowed to get away with it, that is a reflection of the anger that they hold within themselves.
Activity: 98
Well,the truth is that people have been alienated from each other and the reason from this is the development of the technology.I believe αλσο that this behavior is caused by the feeling of complex and Self-centeredness.
Activity: 560
Merit: 121
I think that's okay to ask for respect whenever you feel ofended by someone or something, but I feel that this is getting way too far with people's (over) sensibility. Don't know if you get the idea of what I'm saying but it's really annoying to deal with people like that

Ya. There are too sensitive people everywhere. Sometimes you would post something in the social medial about something concerning yourself and some who is not even related will just flare up by giving too bloody reactions. They will tell you the post concerns them or you are pinpointing on them. My opinion on what to do is, be less exposed. Be reserved and show up less. Less words less mistake policy.   
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
Prior to everyone being on the internet, people with stupid opinions would've been quieted by their peers through a variety of social pressures.  Now everyone can anonymously indulge their idiocy and have it be reinforced by the numerous other idiots online causing it to multiply.  They get the idea that no matter how crazy their view is that it's valid, when in reality it isn't and most people shouldn't care about it.

People behave in a such a way that they can't get away with in a face to face interaction.  Protip - internet isn't serious business.  Ignore the triggered morons like the social outcasts they really are and go about your life, it's not worth your time.
Activity: 24
Western culture went soft over the years and that's thanks to the PC culture.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
I agree with you.  Every post I saw on social media is about their feelings.  That they were betrayed or mistreated by someone especially with people they do not know.  Strangers that caused them to be hurt.  Those people posting the bad happenings on social media wants sympathy to other people to validate and prove that they are the right one.  I just do not vie those post made by my friends.  Actually I do not want anymore to open my fb.
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
Futurov
I really dont know why people get so offended with just a simple statement. I guess it has something to do in today's generation. In our current time, people often judge someone by giving out their opinionated ideas on what is right and what should be done rather than just letting the victim be free of what they want to say, they act as if they know a lot and that their decisions and advices matter. People have the free will to judge someone because of their access to various medias in the internet. They express themselves more than before to the point that it becomes too much.
Activity: 244
Merit: 100

Because nowadays this new generation didn´t had the discipline of the older ones Smiley

You should watch league of legend pro replays...
Discipline in a video game doesn´t convince me life is more than that...
Activity: 560
Merit: 252

Because nowadays this new generation didn´t had the discipline of the older ones Smiley

You should watch league of legend pro replays...
Pages:
Jump to: