Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people hate? - page 28. (Read 21454 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
April 09, 2015, 06:26:39 AM
Better thread than those two threads out there. Thank you!

It is simple: When you feed bad, you will have tendency to feed more. However, when you feed good, this question will hound you: "Why not feed a bit to bad?". If you answer it yes, you will feed it more and hence, you will be bad.

However, one day you will "pity yourself".

* By "you", it is not to OP or someone else. In general.

I will give you an example.

You got a lion cub and you feed it. When it grow and matures, it will eat you in most cases. Sometimes you will live and sometimes not. Be cautious what you are feeding. It is very hard to resist feeding bad but if you start feeding good, resisting power will increase and as a result, you won't go bad easily.

Don't get yourself eaten by bad.

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I can draw your avatar!
April 09, 2015, 06:03:32 AM
This is a wellknown story:

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.
He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all"

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed".

http://www.psychologymatters.asia/article/65/the-story-of-the-two-wolves-managing-your-thoughts-feelings-and-actions.html

But why do we so easily succumb to feed the evil wolf? Why do we hate and feed it and react hatefull towards others?
Pages:
Jump to: