Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people play Minecraft? - page 3. (Read 5634 times)

legendary
Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012
howdy
September 11, 2011, 02:41:24 AM
I am the only one in my group of friends that plays this game. "Why?", they ask. Because my gaming rig is mining 24/7 and all I have is my eeePC. If I make money and enjoy doing it, why not?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
September 09, 2011, 01:58:26 PM
yea personally its not for me.. just don't think I could get into it..

i said the same thing many times.. i even tried it a couple of times and said WTF is the point. People say graphics dont matter as long as game play is good, well I couldnt even find the game play the first few times I played.
Activity: 154
Merit: 103
September 08, 2011, 10:16:43 PM
Graphics are terrible.  I don't see any gameplay, just some boring world design stuff that's so tedious and dull, then you just explore a boring world with horrible graphics, including a square sun.

Have you tried?

well besides you can build a functionin computer in there, most of the gameplay is hard to explain. You decide to give the game a go, and you sit there just clearing out a flat area, to make a stupid simple house and next thing you know the cops are breaking down your door, cause no one has seen you for a month and you try to show them the cooler aspects of your house and they think you are a man from 1999 and dont care that you finally found your first diamond

Pretty much this.  It's virtual legos and the most addictive game I've ever played.  Totally free sandbox game with a nearly unlimited world is what a lot of us dreamed of as kids, now we're finally got it.  It's actually the only video game I play.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
September 08, 2011, 07:48:13 PM
two words: adult legos.

thats the way i look at it, anyways....and i fucking loved legos as a kid..... (still do actually) lucky for me both my kids love legos too, so i still get to play with them Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
September 08, 2011, 07:10:31 PM
"Cuz it's fun. You build stuff. You kill stuff."
 - my kid
Activity: 464
September 08, 2011, 12:32:40 PM
yea personally its not for me.. just don't think I could get into it..
Activity: 476
moOo
September 07, 2011, 09:33:54 PM
Graphics are terrible.  I don't see any gameplay, just some boring world design stuff that's so tedious and dull, then you just explore a boring world with horrible graphics, including a square sun.

Have you tried?

well besides you can build a functionin computer in there, most of the gameplay is hard to explain. You decide to give the game a go, and you sit there just clearing out a flat area, to make a stupid simple house and next thing you know the cops are breaking down your door, cause no one has seen you for a month and you try to show them the cooler aspects of your house and they think you are a man from 1999 and dont care that you finally found your first diamond
Activity: 189
Merit: 101
September 07, 2011, 09:26:15 PM
Graphics are terrible.

It's pixelated goodness!

There are some mods that make games in the worlds... but it's more of a retro fun thing.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 07, 2011, 07:32:57 PM
It's alot like Legos.

I love it. Graphics are meaningless, so long that the gameplay is there and is conveyed properly with the graphics given. In the case of Minecraft, the graphics are part of the gameplay.

The entire premise of the game is to build stuff and to survive. If you don't like that, then you probably won't like Minecraft.

It's best to get private on a server with a couple friends.

Last night, I built a lava moat around my house to protect me from creepers..... in retrospect I probably shouldn't have built it out of wood.

Poor house. Sad
A buddy of mine came over and helped me rebuild it and build the moat to where it was safe.

Still.... poor house. Sad
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
Elder Crypto God
September 07, 2011, 07:29:50 PM
Graphics are terrible.  I don't see any gameplay, just some boring world design stuff that's so tedious and dull, then you just explore a boring world with horrible graphics, including a square sun.

They enjoy it. Why else would they play it? Why do you hate chocolate and some people love it? They just do.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 07, 2011, 07:14:07 PM
Pages:
Jump to: