Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people use so many Bitcoin wallets? - page 3. (Read 51660 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
People are using so many wallets becuase they dont want to use just one where all their coins are on you know and that is why they are using more
wallets than before
Activity: 336
There are different options depending on your situation:

Core: if you have the bandwidth and storage capacity to run it. You also support the network by running a node.
Ligthweigth: You don't run the full blockchain, but a "central" chain is used to save bandwidth and storage on your pc. Good if you have a low capacity machine/internet or just don't use bitcoin too often.

Than there are also different types of lightweights, all with their different options and security impelmentations.
People are using bitcoins becuase they are happy to make or money with the bitcoin or other things with the bitcoin and i dont know why they
are just holding them butthere must be a reason for.
Activity: 364
People are using more bitcoin wallets at the same time because do you have all your money on one bank account i dont think so and that is the reason
why people have more wallets than justone.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
Why do people use so many Bitcoin wallets?

Pretty simple, to minimize the risk of losing your investment in the event of hacking or your negligence in sending your bitcoins in the wrong address, that is how you diversify your investment as well.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
Just wondering why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.
People make use of multiple wallets because then when they hacked and some body stole wallet from them then they still have some more they have saved.
if you only have one wallet and you lose that one you have lost everything. 
which correct in order to alternatives its also good to have more than one btc wallet so just in case you can still transact
after losing the other one.
Activity: 448
Just wondering why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.
People make use of multiple wallets because then when they hacked and some body stole wallet from them then they still have some more they have saved.
if you only have one wallet and you lose that one you have lost everything. 
Activity: 2408
Merit: 564
People are using so many wallets for their safety, if your wallet gets hacked they only make a little amount because your bitcoins are spread all over your wallets.

Yes that is why many people are using a lot of bitcoin wallets because they are going to be safe every time they are going to have transactions. And they are not going to be traced easily so that is why many are creating a lot of bitcoin wallets. And besides having a bitcoin wallet is only free so that anyone can just make as many as they can.
Activity: 364
People are using so many wallets for their safety, if your wallet gets hacked they only make a little amount because your bitcoins are spread all over your wallets.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501

The reason why i am using many Bitcoin wallet is for the security. Hackers are becoming very create every day they always come up with a new style. If one wallet website get hack then not all my Bitcoin are taken away because i still have a backup wallets.

of course now the hackers become more intense if you do not update existing security wallet probably could have been hacked, I think the method of making a lot of this wallet is a method that has been long, but good enough to minimize the loss of all the money

The only thing that makes me use more then one wallet its because i do some business online and i do like to know which ammount is being used at the places where i do invest.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

The reason why i am using many Bitcoin wallet is for the security. Hackers are becoming very create every day they always come up with a new style. If one wallet website get hack then not all my Bitcoin are taken away because i still have a backup wallets.

of course now the hackers become more intense if you do not update existing security wallet probably could have been hacked, I think the method of making a lot of this wallet is a method that has been long, but good enough to minimize the loss of all the money

Activity: 658
to me that is only for security purposes, as people distribute their bitcoins in different wallets so as to keep them and prevent them from hackers.
I agree with you I think the reason why many people use a lot of wallet is to improve security on their bitcoin. because I think it would be very risky if you only have one course wallet and you keep all your money in one's wallet
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

You using just one wallet doesn't mean you are unsafe. It just depends on how you have set up the security of your wallet files and computer system. If all is top notch, then nothing will happen with your coins. But of course, it's always good to spread your coins into several wallets. My personal motive is to prevent corrupt wallet files from making it not possible to access my coins.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
Activity: 756
its just that people feel safer with more wallets. if they put everything in one wallet and that wallet gets hacked then they lose everything. especially if its an online wallet provider because then you arent even in control of the security of your wallet, you have to rely on someone else to keep your money safe.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
to me that is only for security purposes, as people distribute their bitcoins in different wallets so as to keep them and prevent them from hackers.
Activity: 882
Merit: 528
There is always a risk in using web wallets because they can be hacked and bitcoins can be stolen and you can do nothing about it,so for the safety people doent hold big amount of bitcoins in one single wallet and its better to divide them so lessen the amount and the risk in a particular wallet.
Not every online wallet can be hacked if the website provide 2fa security.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
There is always a risk in using web wallets because they can be hacked and bitcoins can be stolen and you can do nothing about it,so for the safety people doent hold big amount of bitcoins in one single wallet and its better to divide them so lessen the amount and the risk in a particular wallet.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
People use various Bitcoin wallets so they can get multiple identities online. Most people that use this don't want to reveal their main account or atleast their alt accounts. They don't want those accounts to get a connection. Some people just want to have a backup wallet, just in case their main wallet gets hacked or gets a problem. I do have two wallets because the first wallet that I have doesn't support all the necessary stuffs for Bitcoin.
What? haha bitcoin is still anonymous and no one can know your identities online but if you are going to use it on forum then they can remember your account are linked on that bitcoin address like what happening on this forum so much mutple accounts in bitcoin wallet because they are using it for gambling.
Mistake what choppork said was correct, bitcoin is not anonymous is pseudonymous, let me give you an example, let’s suppose that you have a bitcoin wallet and many different account on different forums, but if you use the same IP for all of them then your bitcoin transactions can be linked to all these accounts if even one of these accounts has your real info then your name is now linked to every transaction coming from the addresses in your wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598
I use dozens of them because it makes me feel safer that way. If I would lose a wallet, I'd lose for example only 1/100 of my money which is better than losing all at once.
Activity: 672
In Bitcoin, we aren't actually anonymous. We're pseudonymous. We can have a lot of names online and act as different persons. We can register as much accounts as we want online to any website except to those that has a one IP one account policy, of course. Nevertheless, since we can be two or three person online, all those individuals should have their own Bitcoin wallets. The accounts shouldn't have a joined Bitcoin wallet so you can't be easily traced.

I really can't deny that fact, you are absolutely right that a lot of people use many wallets just because they have different personalities in different websites and for not letting anyone know that they are the same they use different wallets for making others think that the persons are having different wallets then they must be two or more than that different people.
Pages:
Jump to: