Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people use so many Bitcoin wallets? - page 33. (Read 51694 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Personally, I was faced with those who created a lot of purses for collecting Satoshi from faucets. They created a few wallets, multiple accounts and run them on multiple computers or virtual machines. Some more so reallocate their spending. One wallet for storage and the other to pay for goods.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046
personally I just want to avoid things that would not be unexpected, such as stolen, or disruption when we need.
yeah i think it's not a problem to use a lot wallet although it will give a little complicated. but the important thing is the safety of the wallet.
Yes I think it is also not a problem but it is a bit tricky. But having more than one wallet would be good in my opinion. People usually use more than one wallet for every wallet that he may have had other uses for storing bitcoin they get.
it's not complicated just use two wallets. and it is better to make it more secure. I alsothe same use two-wallet to avoid unexpected events in one wallet.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
personally I just want to avoid things that would not be unexpected, such as stolen, or disruption when we need.
yeah i think it's not a problem to use a lot wallet although it will give a little complicated. but the important thing is the safety of the wallet.
Yes I think it is also not a problem but it is a bit tricky. But having more than one wallet would be good in my opinion. People usually use more than one wallet for every wallet that he may have had other uses for storing bitcoin they get.
Activity: 420
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
If you use many Bitcoin wallets, your bitcoins will more safe.

"don't put all your eggs in one basket"

If you have hundreds of coins, then yes, it's better to spread your coins over at least 5 different wallets. But when you have only 1BTC, then it's not worth the hassle of spreading it into several different wallets.

Yes and its always better to have mulitple wallets as it will also reduce the risk of loosing coins in case if forget the password, or you don't have back of particular wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

If you have hundreds of coins, then yes, it's better to spread your coins over at least 5 different wallets. But when you have only 1BTC, then it's not worth the hassle of spreading it into several different wallets.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Some people like to use a mix because not all are supported on different devices.
Activity: 462
Never put all your eggs in one basket because if you as a example hold all your bitcoins in one wallet and you get hacked you will lose all your bitcoins all at once that would of course be very bad.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
Why do people use so many Bitcoin wallets?

To test their ability to organize things. The testing improves ability. And they are sharper people for it.

When do you think the devs will come up with a Core program that will allow you to name your wallet something other than wallet.dat? If they worked it the right way, thieves would have to have your pass-key to even access your wallet, and they would have to do it with your Core on your computer.

Cool

EDIT: Of course, pray your computer doesn't break down.
Activity: 150
Merit: 10

Activity: 616
People are using the bitcoin with so many wallets because its way more secure and so you can also create a sort of tractability plus if you get hacked they only will have a small amount..
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
For me they are just using many wallet because for security reason.. if the one wallet is down so some of your bitcoin are save in other wallet.. or they are just using other wallet for receiving purposes and they are using bitmixer to send it in your real wallet to save it for a long time so that your receiving can track your real wallet desitination..
Activity: 854
I know that people using different wallets for different amount of money, for reciving little payments blockchain for expample, for big amounts other wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
Activity: 658
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Just wondering why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.

i have 2 wallets now, and i think that everybody should have 2, and different ones, in case that something will went wrong with site you can always save your bitcoins by sending to other wallet

or some people just use 1 wallet for saving their bitcoins, and other wallet for spending, paying for something and so, and i think that it is also good idea as you are sure that you won't send all your money by mistake
Activity: 308
The mind is everything. What you think you become.
I think people used so many Bitcoin wallets for security reasons usually; and also they tried to diversify their coins in so many wallets and store it in more than emplacement. I use more than wallet usually too
yes its a common reason why people use many wallet to store their bitcoin,use online wallet,hardware wallet is not bad option,they believe with choose many wallet will find the best wallet and can get better security,but also i think they consider about wallet quality,people don't choose wallet with low speed transaction or big fees.
Activity: 742
I think people used so many Bitcoin wallets for security reasons usually; and also they tried to diversify their coins in so many wallets and store it in more than emplacement. I use more than wallet usually too
Activity: 616
The most people just have so much wallets for their security, do you know the saying, never put all your eggs in one basket, that is exactly what people are listing to.
They are spreading their bitcoins into multiple wallets.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I think its because they just want to have a wallet for every transactions that they do. And they will assign a particular wallet for each of it.
But I guess, all wallets were just the same use and its only different with the charge of mining fee for sending transactions.
Activity: 770
Personally I am always just curious to poke around and see what different wallets have to offer.

There is also the “spread the risk" factor
well if you use only a cold storage wallet and not something like online wallet or desktop then your bitcoins would be safe and you wouldnt need to use that much of them

i think they are using so much wallets because they want to hide their identity way more than they can do with just one wallet though its just my opinion
Pages:
Jump to: