Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people use so many Bitcoin wallets? - page 34. (Read 51694 times)

Activity: 615
Merit: 500
Because they do not want to lose bitcoin more when things happen that are not desirable.
Make it easy for them to be able to manage bitcoin, eg for trade or other investments
Any other purpose that is not you or me know.
Activity: 344
Merit: 259
Personally I am always just curious to poke around and see what different wallets have to offer.

There is also the “spread the risk" factor
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Just wondering why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.
I dont have a lot of btc but what i do have is often send between my wallets to test different apps.
I also do this because not only does it spread the risk but lets say you have 0.001btc in 1 wallet and it disapears then you know your phone or computer has been compromised.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Every wallet has it's own advantages, people using multiple wallets probably to get the best thing out of each wallet and winning the most possible uses from each, I think it's a smart strategy like how everyone has more than one email provider.

i personally just use 2 wallet...one wallet for trading and one more for transaction
bcause the trading wallet take a lot transaction fee for transaction and the transaction wallet cant trading..
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
This question is so vague. Isn't diversity of everything motor of progress? You could ask why people use so many types of products and models as well.
We have multiple brands of everything: cars, clothes, phones, food, drinks, electronics. Every bitcoin walled is slightly different and some people might find Electrum better than Multibit etc.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Maybe because people want more safety so they have many bitcoin wallets for seperate their bitcoins. Because by doing that people can prevent being hacked by someone.
Activity: 352
I think each wallet of it's and it's own, Electrum is fast and easy to use, Multibit is simple, Armory is safe and secured more than all the other wallets. I recommend using the core though.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
There are some advantage for using online or offline wallet.

AFAIK,
Online wallet advantage
( doesn't need to install , easy access through internet )

Offline wallet advantage
( can't be stolen by internet malware , can't be scam by online company )

and disadvantage mostly said the opposite

Different people have their own decision to use many wallet as long as they feel comfortable
Activity: 140
Every wallet has it's own advantages, people using multiple wallets probably to get the best thing out of each wallet and winning the most possible uses from each, I think it's a smart strategy like how everyone has more than one email provider.
Activity: 778
They want to ensure there bitcoins and you can do that by multiple reason but one of the most important reasons are doing them in multiple wallets.
You can not lose all your bitcoin at one time, if you get hacked.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 507
it's just probably people looking for the best fit for them, Everyone has 3-4 wallets mostly when they started trying them and until they find the one that fit them, also some people keep a sum in each as a type of security apparently "although if there is a spyware all the wallets are vulnerable I guess".
Activity: 574
Why would you not use many wallets? Try a few, keep what you like.

legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
I am using only one on my laptop but i am thinking to make one more for safety on my phone.
"Safety" is the answer on your question.
Yes ‘Safety’ is the answer to the question.
We must have a number of wallets where we will keep our money in fractions in different wallets . So if one of our account is hacked by someone then we will not lose all our money but some fraction of it.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
I think it's because for safety. For me, i use so many bitcoin wallets because to seperate my main wallet with wallet for gambling. i mean, i have gambling habbit. so i need seperate wallet to limit it.
Same with me but for the case is not gambling. I have my main wallet for saving my money and there are some wallets where I have specified for different uses, one is specified for my web deisgning clients while other is for earning from small jobs/tasks.
Activity: 896
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
because some of the sites doesn't support all wallets for use.i have 3 wallets xapo,coinbase and blockchain..coinbase doesn't support gambling,so i use blockchain for gambling

online wallets are use to create a multiple addresses only not a wallets, Better try to go with Electrum or Multibit wallet bro. You can make more wallets at there.
It is really easy to use and that is very good. I hope that more people will use Bitcoin and that they also going to use wallets.
The best wallet is Blockchain I think and that is also the most popular one, so that is very good.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
Why do people use so many Bitcoin wallets? Because people are very organized, and can tell one wallet.dat file from another, just by looking at the minor differences in the appearance of the lettering of "wallet.dat"... and they have trained their Bitcoin apps to do the same.

Grin
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
It is harder to track down if you have multiple wallets.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Why shouldnt people use many wallets.
There is a reason there are so many wallets. Each offers a different GUI / Functionality and is not suitable for every person.
Why not just try them out and find the right wallet for an individuum.

I think the OP is talking about one person using multiple wallets, not different people using different wallets.
Individuals of course have their own tastes, but that is not what the OP is referring to.
Activity: 126
Probably because it's easier to use wallets to fulfill different needs than just one not fulfilling all, Multibit and Electrum being fast, easier to use and convenient for the regular user while Armory is more secure.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
Why shouldnt people use many wallets.
There is a reason there are so many wallets. Each offers a different GUI / Functionality and is not suitable for every person.
Why not just try them out and find the right wallet for an individuum.
Pages:
Jump to: