Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do you all want to take away money from the government? Who will then build - page 4. (Read 5629 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
If a crime has been committed with your tax money, tell the police.

Okay pal, enough with the jokes.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Come on guys.  The world is never black and white.  Even in centrally planned economies there were some elements of free markets.

The concept is freeer. A perfectly controlled or free market has never existed.  However the free[er] the market the more effective it is.

Exactly. That's why it's so frustrating that nation states keep us at this pathetic level of freedom. I truly hope Bitcoin will be their undoing.

I have no idea what a SNS is.  What it sounds like is some kind of entity that the trade law created and as such, it it liable to the ups and downs of trade law administration.

1. SNS Bank

2. My country does not consider it a crime and they will not arrest Dijsselbloem if I ask them to. It's also not a crime against myself (he/they did not steal from me).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeroen_Dijsselbloem

"On 1 February 2013, he nationalized the financial institution SNS Reaal, preventing its bankruptcy.[8] "

Really, you need to take a step back and look at the big picture here.  If you play games in someone's garden, you can't cry if they kick you out when they are fed up of the sight of you.

Likewise, banks are legal creations.  Part of the terms of their creation is that if they upset the authorities in any way, they get closed down and their management gets prosecuted.  That's the deal.  If you invest in a bank, you know all of this before you invest.  In this case, which I know nothing about, the bank got closed down.  I dont' care what they did to upset the government - all that matters is that the government was upset and it exercised its right to close the bank.

No crime.  Not even a wrong doing.  
legendary
Come on guys.  The world is never black and white.  Even in centrally planned economies there were some elements of free markets.

The concept is freeer. A perfectly controlled or free market has never existed.  However the free[er] the market the more effective it is.

Exactly. 
legendary
...snip...

How about trade laws (for example concerning insider trading)?

How about the US government buying up quite some big companies to save them?

How about my government stealing a bank (SNS) from shareholders and junior bond holders?

And they commit these crimes with my tax money.

Trade laws relate to classes of property that are created by trade laws.  As such, I can't see the problem.

The people elect a government to run the system that its trade laws have created.  While you may agree or disagree with decisions on specific companies, since the whole damn thing is a creation of the trade law, that the problem?

I have no idea what a SNS is.  What it sounds like is some kind of entity that the trade law created and as such, it it liable to the ups and downs of trade law administration.

donator
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Come on guys.  The world is never black and white.  Even in centrally planned economies there were some elements of free markets.

The concept is freeer. A perfectly controlled or free market has never existed.  However the freeer the market the more effective it is.
legendary

You do know that the "free market" only exists inside effieient states with concepts like property ownership and contract law well established?  

No, I know it never has existed anywhere (with maybe a few small short lived exceptions).

People that claim there's a free market in "the West" are full of shit or ignorant.

A lot depends on definitions.  Just because you have one idea of what "free market" means, I don't call you names.  I may disagree with you - feel free to call me names but that doesn't help the logical weakness of your position one little bit.

Come on, how can we possibly disagree on the word "free". Free means uncontrolled, unregulated and unrestricted. Our market isn't any of those.

You and I should not disagree on the meaning of words.  If I go to Google and type "define: free market" and I get:
"free market
noun
noun: free market; plural noun: free markets; modifier noun: free-market

an economic system in which prices are determined by unrestricted competition between privately owned businesses."

Your argument is probably that the law of property title and the law of contract are restrictions so there is no free market in any country.  I argue that those laws create new classes of property that can't exist in a barter based society and so they are a good thing.
legendary
..snip...

you should know by now, saying something like that would draw the ire of anarchists.. because to them problem is always government as an entity, not the people within it.

What I keep hoping for is someone rational to tell me I am wrong and offer a decent alternative to a state based on separation of powers.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

You do know that the "free market" only exists inside effieient states with concepts like property ownership and contract law well established?  

No, I know it never has existed anywhere (with maybe a few small short lived exceptions).

People that claim there's a free market in "the West" are full of shit or ignorant.

A lot depends on definitions.  Just because you have one idea of what "free market" means, I don't call you names.  I may disagree with you - feel free to call me names but that doesn't help the logical weakness of your position one little bit.

Come on, how can we possibly disagree on the word "free". Free means uncontrolled, unregulated and unrestricted. Our market isn't any of those.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Why do you all want to take away money from the government?

Governments are the most inefficient entities that have ever existed. We can choose a monkey at random and he'll perform better at every function a government "performs".

The (local) optimal way to perform these functions is by letting the free market decide. Note that this is also democratic because the market is everyone (weighted by contribution).

You do know that the "free market" only exists inside effieient states with concepts like property ownership and contract law well established?  And that modern capitalism only prospers when the state subsidies it with free research, educated workers and good infrastructure?

Even if states were woefully inefficient I would still advocate them as the concept of separation of powers is essential to freedom.  But as it happens, states can be very efficient.

you should know by now, saying something like that would draw the ire of anarchists.. because to them problem is always government as an entity, not the people within it.
legendary

A lot depends on definitions.  Just because you have one idea of what "free market" means, I don't call you names.  I may disagree with you - feel free to call me names but that doesn't help the logical weakness of your position one little bit.
legendary

legendary

Governments are the most inefficient entities that have ever existed. We can choose a monkey at random and he'll perform better at every function a government "performs".

The (local) optimal way to perform these functions is by letting the free market decide. Note that this is also democratic because the market is everyone (weighted by contribution).

You do know that the "free market" only exists inside effieient states with concepts like property ownership and contract law well established?  And that modern capitalism only prospers when the state subsidies it with free research, educated workers and good infrastructure?

Even if states were woefully inefficient I would still advocate them as the concept of separation of powers is essential to freedom.  But as it happens, states can be very efficient.

legendary

legendary
Taxation is legalized theft.  No tax is fair.

Theft is also theft.  I thought you had stolen enough and were leaving for good?

You know, that may be the best 1 liner ever! 

/salute
donator
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

Theft is also theft.  I thought you had stolen enough and were leaving for good?
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
are you a communist or what?

I'm not a communist myself. But they are far better than Congress, they support equal money distribution to rich and poor, they believe in power of united society not individual homes.

Why is that a good thing? They infringe on personal rights, and steal from people that work hard.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com
are you a communist or what?

I'm not a communist myself. But they are far better than Congress, they support equal money distribution to rich and poor, they believe in power of united society not individual homes.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Goverments, in every country in this world should take away 50-60 %from the richest peoples, like they do with ours salary and let ''ordinary working people'' alone.

that isnt communism its idealism  Grin

How should they take those people's money?

with taxes Smiley

one year income  36000$ --------> taxes 5%
one year income  72000$ --------> taxes 10%
one year income  150000$ -------> taxes 25%
one year income  250000$-- -----> taxes 30%
one year income  1000000$ ------> taxes 45%
one year income  +1000000$ -----> taxes 55%

its fair
That is  not fair, taxes should be the same for everyone.

That would be fair either.  Taxes pay for roads, schools, courts and the like.  The cash benefits of these are concentrated on the owners of capital so it makes sense that they pay more as without the roads, schools, courts and the like, they would be hunting around in the forest wearing loincloths.
But if the tax is the same for eveeryone and I am making for example +1000000$, I would still pay a lot more tax than someone who is making 36k.
legendary
Goverments, in every country in this world should take away 50-60 %from the richest peoples, like they do with ours salary and let ''ordinary working people'' alone.

that isnt communism its idealism  Grin

How should they take those people's money?

with taxes Smiley

one year income  36000$ --------> taxes 5%
one year income  72000$ --------> taxes 10%
one year income  150000$ -------> taxes 25%
one year income  250000$-- -----> taxes 30%
one year income  1000000$ ------> taxes 45%
one year income  +1000000$ -----> taxes 55%

its fair
That is  not fair, taxes should be the same for everyone.

That would be fair either.  Taxes pay for roads, schools, courts and the like.  The cash benefits of these are concentrated on the owners of capital so it makes sense that they pay more as without the roads, schools, courts and the like, they would be hunting around in the forest wearing loincloths.
Pages:
Jump to: