Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do you choose your altcoins? - page 3. (Read 834 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
November 19, 2017, 07:21:35 AM
For my portfolio, i try to pick altcoins that have real world use. I don't even touch (not even for quick daytrading) coins that have no value, like XRP - which is a great tech, no doubt about it... But the coin has no value.
Activity: 329
The Exchange for EOS Community
November 19, 2017, 07:18:44 AM
I choose altcoin that has potential and has a higher value than ICO prices, and I also see the roadmap and I see what a good project it is. it's all that I do when choosing an altcoin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 104
November 19, 2017, 07:07:06 AM
I am holding unto my altcoins because of the fact that its developers and contributors promised me of their coins and no one knows what the future holds that is why i am holding and investing my altcoins not for this time but for the future because i believe our future will be ruled by cryptocurrencies and that is not too far to happen
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
November 19, 2017, 06:36:04 AM
Why do you decide to hold your altcoins? Because of your researching about that coin or just because people on this forum said it's potential?
Another reasons?
It's because something boost my confidence to pour my money for the altcoin, of course it boost by reading the white paper, their plans and uses of the coin, The hype and the Vibe that is created by the team, the flexibility and the unique features of their coins added by the security measures that the altcoin can provide, of course i decided to take the risk because they are one of the top 20 coins in the market there's a reason why they are staying to the top and that is the foundation and authenticity.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1358
November 19, 2017, 04:43:32 AM
I am pretty sure many many people hold their coins to get more profits.
I am similar, my initial purpose is making money. But I can still hold some coins if I believe for future, and like the coins' roadmap.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
November 19, 2017, 04:34:51 AM
Because I've seen some alternative coins looks as promising as bitcoin that is why I've decided to also invest in alt coins also there are other features which you can earn on altcoins, as a good investor always he/she not just place his money working for him on one place but also to other place in order for it to grow fast which is the same as investing in cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
November 19, 2017, 04:28:56 AM
because in future the only mean transactions will we crypto-currency as you can see the metals replaced by the cash and then cash by the e-currency now the e-currency will be replaced by the it as the people will became more modern. that's why i will prefer to hold them in stead of salling
Activity: 742
Merit: 505
November 19, 2017, 04:25:09 AM
Why do you decide to hold your altcoins? Because of your researching about that coin or just because people on this forum said it's potential?
Another reasons?
It's from my own researching. I don't believe 99% from people said if a coin has potential (i might be believe 1% only, it's only if the person who said it is really experienced in altcoin).
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
November 19, 2017, 04:22:08 AM
Another reasons?

I invest in an altcoin because the team who created it has an objective in mind and it is viable. I do read other people's comment about an altcoin because I want to know the coin from their perspective and maybe they have other information that I don't know about. If the coin has a large volume in exchanges then the coin is a plus for me because I can day trade with it so that I can have more of it. If the developers of the coin are active then that would be good because there are other coins in the market that are only for speculation purposes because the developers abandoned the project.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
November 19, 2017, 04:21:57 AM
It is part of my investment strategy to diversify my portfolio. And yes, I get to know about altcoins and new projects in Bitcointalk. But I do not rely on the recommendations to decide which coins to invest in. If I find the project interesting, I will definitely research first
Activity: 130
November 19, 2017, 04:18:07 AM
  The reason why I hold some altcoins is "Dont hold all egg in one basket". I dont know the future, have no idea what will fall and what will rise. So the best decision for me is to keep defferent values. I would like to have anything valuable, it makes me feel more confident. I like litecoin for example, because Coinmarketcap receives donations with it

Definitely diversity should be a key consideration. Also, you just need to read about each token\company, see if you think they're technology is legit and if it can grow to be something much bigger one day...
Activity: 224
November 19, 2017, 04:14:36 AM
   The reason why I hold some altcoins is "Dont hold all egg in one basket". I dont know the future, have no idea what will fall and what will rise. So the best decision for me is to keep defferent values. I would like to have anything valuable, it makes me feel more confident. I like litecoin for example, because Coinmarketcap receives donations with it
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 19, 2017, 04:10:01 AM
Another reasons?
I choose the coins I have because I have a strong feeling that one day it will goes to the moon. I decided to hold Altcoins because they are more profitable these days compared to Bitcoin due to it's extra high value. Altcoins are cheaper to invest most especially those who are doing trading in some exchanges. I am doing research with the coins of course but sometimes I just chose those in top five or  ten Altcoins on the market for a safer long term investment. I am also looking at the background and the strength of the coins community for better result. The stronger the specific coins community is the more the potential of the coin to grow in the future.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
November 19, 2017, 04:06:24 AM
I hold on to my altcoins because I believe the coins have potential to grow. I get to know about altcoins through this forum and do my due research before investing.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
November 19, 2017, 03:53:06 AM
Another reasons?
because i have faith on my coin,and i believe in its developer before i invest onthem i make sure i do lots of research.our coins is our prescious thing here in crypto so before we made a decision on having them we are 100% willing to give our trust coins
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
November 19, 2017, 03:19:52 AM
Another reasons?

based on what i have seen in the past couple of years, most people who hold an altcoin are doing it because they bought it on top of a bubble and now the price has dropped and since they don't want to lose money and have the illusion that price will recover, the keep holding on to their now-worthless tokens. this is where the term "bag-holder" comes from.
the forum hype spam helps in this case to have more bag-holders but eventually they do a panic sell which will crash the price.

the few others are only holding an altcoin because they have bought "at the bottom" not on top of a bubble and now they are waiting for the pump and  the resulting bubble to occur.
the forum hype makes these people to take it as a sign and start dumping. because you always buy when nobody is talking about these things and sell when everyone is over excited.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
November 19, 2017, 03:11:37 AM
Some good points already being posted here. I'd like to add one more.
I am always checking ANN-Thread(s) and how many pages they got in which time. If the thread is 2 months old and has only 20 pages it is most likely not too interesting for many people. After this raw check I am trying to get an idea if the comments are mostly raging or optimistic.

It is a bit like Amazon reviews. A lot of them are fake, but if you see a product with hundreds of positive reviews it will most likely not be a complete fail to buy it.

But of course, this is just an indication to filter out all the less interesting coins and is *not* an inevitable indication to buy them.
Activity: 350
Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico
November 19, 2017, 03:05:22 AM
I choose altcoins for trading and increasing my bitcoins.
My only goal with altcoin is to earn bitcoins by trading them.
Activity: 961
Merit: 269
CryptoDirectories.com
November 19, 2017, 03:02:14 AM
Another reasons?
for me i look for coin potential i dont listen of what other people say i just do my own research
i always wait for a few thing to happen before buy more of the altcoin at first i just buy few then leave it and see it after a few month
if the coin have some more potential i will start to buy another batch but if not i will just sell it
Activity: 322
Merit: 179
November 19, 2017, 02:48:49 AM
I invest in altcoins because I want to see more returns on my initial investment. I will do my own research though.
Pages:
Jump to: