Pages:
Author

Topic: Why does Bitcoin seem to always rally in December? - page 4. (Read 912 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 3
Every year bitcoin used to have bitcoin rally in the month of nov and dec but this being a year-long bear market we are witnessing a bear market with no much growth
Activity: 966
Merit: 153
Are you just judging base on this year price: with the way it went low? Do you also consider high price we experienced in 2017 a rally?
Moreover,  It's not as if people buy it as a holiday gift or so,  because of the way bitcoin went high in 2017, many people are expecting the same to happen again this year which is not right. I guess it's those looking for a make money that also contributed in splashing the price.  
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
It seems that there will be a similar rebound at the end of each year. This is also true in the stock market. There will always be a wave of "Christmas market" on Christmas Eve every year. At the end of the year, there will always be some preparation for next year, so the market may rise.
Activity: 924
Merit: 148

Just a slight uptick in price and it's already declared a rally ....  Grin  the stupidity and ignorance of even the most basic understanding of real world economics is so rampant on this forum.

You do know the basic definition of a rally, don't you? This is clearly a mini rally where the entire market had surged along with Bitcoin and almost anyone with a half decent brain understood that much.

The cryptocurrency market news reports also indicated that much. This is the primary reason why many people choose to stay away from this forum due to the negativity spread by people like you on this forum.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
There is no fixed pattern. Its just a coincidence.
You can not predict a rally..
Activity: 882
Merit: 297
every december, bitcoin rallies because people tend to raise money to celebrate christmas and new year and thus sell off their assets so as to raise money which they can use to buy gifts for friends and loved ones they have not seen a very long time. when they come back from the december holiday, they look for what to put their money into

I cannot see the theory of your going for the bitcoin up rally in december, because as you are telling according to it then the price should go up as every one wants to fiat currency to enjoy the christmas and new year, so for that they have to sell, if everyone will sell then automatically price will come down , it wont go up.

This price going up of btc is not known by anyone whether it is a trap or it is the starting of bull run no one knows it.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
The only explanation that I could come up is that people have a lot of money to spend on holidays like this and some investors use their hard earned money throughout the year to invest in cryptocurrency. Others are just blindly hopping in the train.
Activity: 456
Merit: 100
Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace
It simply base on the demand for BTC, December is a festive and holiday period, investors usually convert there BTC  into fiat, therefore demand is on the high side that tends to lead to an increase in price.
No, I think investors will continue to maintain their investment because many investors have prepared ways to deal with difficult things like now. I am sure they already have spare money for a vacation at the end of this year without having to change bitcoin to fiat.
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
My theory is that people buy it as holiday gifts.

This december is exception because the price fall. I dont think every december bitcoin price always rally because there is no proof of it. People buying right now because they think bitcoin at cheap price
Activity: 475
Merit: 1
Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain
every december, bitcoin rallies because people tend to raise money to celebrate christmas and new year and thus sell off their assets so as to raise money which they can use to buy gifts for friends and loved ones they have not seen a very long time. when they come back from the december holiday, they look for what to put their money into
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
the thing is most people need money during december to buy gifts for families they have not visited a long time and as such tend to sell off their bitcoin so as to raise enough cash to enjoy the christmas holiday in december
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
yes, every year some people choose to sell BTC for Christmas and holiday gifts, they make the BTC market fall.

I think, this becomes an activity every year, and can't be avoided, and at the end of this year, I predict that 60% of crypto users choose to hold their assets.

I do not think people tend to sell their crypto on the special occusations unless they have no fiat and no other options but to convert bitcoin to fiat. Most people are holding bitcoin for investment and trading purpose, so they would care more about their business rather than just cashing out from there.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
It has become a habit at the end of the year, December of the end of the year and many make it a holiday month. For this reason, investors change bitcoin with fiat for their needs and moments to throw it away.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Well don't so very exciting for this little bit price increase Just monitor and calm down
It's normal for bitcoin price increase in holiday season because people some people they their bonuses
So some of them decides to buy bitcoin investment
Activity: 644

Personally, I do not think it seems to be a rally this december, Bitcoin in this month drops very low and we did not do a rally about it. Currenctly this week it is increasing a little bit, hopefully it will recover soon or if possible before this month end. We just need to wait and see what will happen in the next days, weeks and months if the price of it will fully recover.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
It simply base on the demand for BTC, December is a festive and holiday period, investors usually convert there BTC  into fiat, therefore demand is on the high side that tends to lead to an increase in price.
Activity: 588
Merit: 18
Bitcoin is a Crypto currency, which is acceptable in many countries, the current price of falling has been a very low than 2017 December price, nevertheless the current price is very good to invest for a short period of time appreciated in value for future use.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
yes, every year some people choose to sell BTC for Christmas and holiday gifts, they make the BTC market fall.

I think, this becomes an activity every year, and can't be avoided, and at the end of this year, I predict that 60% of crypto users choose to hold their assets.
I do not consider that they sell their bitcoin to fall the market. Can you tell what happen last year, you can clearly see that the price of bitcoin last year in the month of December is very high and it reach $20000 so I think they do not want to fall the bitcoin they want to rise it.

Well end of december is when it started to drop though.  Mid december was the peak but during the holidays, the value was slowly correcting. And while we're still just around the 4k point, i still wouldn't consider this a run. But quite relieved none the less to be distancing from the 3k level.
Activity: 546
Bitcoin is a gift of the satoshi for us that with this currency we can start a good business at home and those who are good in the IT sector they can make more money with it while for those who are against of the crypto they have no reasons to explain that what will do by the unemployed people in this present time where expenses are unbearable and we have a limited resources for survival.
Activity: 868
Merit: 257

I do not consider that they sell their bitcoin to fall the market. Can you tell what happen last year, you can clearly see that the price of bitcoin last year in the month of December is very high and it reach $20000 so I think they do not want to fall the bitcoin they want to rise it.
Pages:
Jump to: