Pages:
Author

Topic: why does coins change price constantly? - page 32. (Read 4700 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
according to myself because the price of crypto currency is always changing and more and more new coin that appears so greatly affect the rise and decline of crypto currency.
Activity: 742
Merit: 526
I think nobody wants the price of coins to be stagnant. That's probably crypto is dead. We benefit from market fluctuations. But for the long term, I think history has proved on the famous coins.

Yes, coins become stable only at a zero level. Yobit exchange, for example, is packed with a shitload of dead coins, aka shitcoins. On the flip side, though, the long-term tendency is that (as it seems to me) speculation exhausts itself in the long run, which means prices going lower over time. It doesn't mean that crypto will be dead in the end, at least not in the nearest future and definitely not due to internal causes and factors. It essentially means that when speculation subsides in due course, the resulting prices will be lower than what they are today, way lower.
Activity: 378
Merit: 16
Why does coins prices fluctuate so much and it is never been constant making predicting price much harder and much riskier and holding on to coins can be the best way right now.

why does it change prices constantly and never stagnant?

There are factors that affecting coins price or value. For my own view, cryptocurrency is the same as stock market. Price change rapidly and unpredictably because of the factors that affect cryptos. Here are a few

1. Law of Supply and Demand - We all know how this works. If there are people that are buying but less supply, price will go up. More people that are selling but few sellers, price will go down.
2. Mass media - Any news that is related to crypto can make the value fluctuate. Good news, price up. Bad news, price down.
3. Popularity - If less people knows about crypto or some will leave cryptoworld means less investment = price down. More marketing and knowledge about crypto, more people will join and invest = price up.
Activity: 154
I think the answer is very simple, prices change because of traders . If no one will buy or sell , the price will remain at the same level .It all depends on demand
Activity: 273
Merit: 10
I think there is the law of the market, the usual supply and demand, they dictate the price . The higher the demand, the higher the price . The lower the demand, the lower the price
Activity: 159
well to me coins are likely to change price since the prices are not fixed at a particular spot so secondly the prices depends on bitcoin and ethereum.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
In my opinion, the prices of cryptocurrency are very easy to fluctuate and change every day. Some factors may be: 1) Crypto is different with the fiat currency. Crypto is not centralized by the government, so there is no rule about how much the price per token or coin. Additionally, the activity of "sell and buy" can influence the volume, the volume itself can influence the changes of the prices. Those will be different every day. Then, each coin or crypto has different value and it also leads the differences of willingness to keep one or other coins.
Activity: 434
Merit: 104
Why does coins prices fluctuate so much and it is never been constant making predicting price much harder and much riskier and holding on to coins can be the best way right now.

Because this market is not liquid. Each market participant who has a small sum of these or those coins can move the price up or down by their action. But with such volatility you can earn a good profit, knowing when to sell or when to buy.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
Qravity is a decentralized content production

It's an open market so of course the price will always moving according to support and demand, even gold price is moving but it's not as volatile as crypto. There's no way the price can be stagnant and i believe people don't want that kind of thing to happen as the volatility is one of the factor that make crypto interesting.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
It is because majority of the coins are volatile and this is why many investors are coming in due to the attention that it gives and advantage that knew by these investors. If you think that holding has a risk, that's correct but that's preventing you to get into stress from day to day trading.
Activity: 126
The price of coins changes with market demand and volume. There is also the possibility of being manipulated, digital currency is a virtual market. Any news may change.
Activity: 56
Market fluctuations is demanded to be happen . See I'll give you an example , There's a string on which we can keep our wet clothes to dry so when the clothes are wet the string struggles and when the clothes are dried the string will be normal , in the same way due to volatility the fluctuations occur . People buy and sell the coins every day so even that matters , so basically there will never be stability in the market .
Activity: 523
YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

Hm, from my opinion, the fluctuating prices occur because cryptocurrency still not considered as a legal currency in some countries.
If there is any bad news about cryptocurrency regulations, the price will decrease because some peoples panic if they cant use their coins anymore in the future.
Activity: 434
It already became a risk for those who reside in crypto. Indeed the fluctuations that are already common. but of course, sometimes big market players also play what happened so it makes fluctuation occurs and is difficult to control.
Activity: 196

i think because this is crypto. Cryptocurrency is very volatile if you pair it with fiat currency like US Dollar.
Some countries still not allowing or ban bitcoin, so maybe that is the cause of the volatility.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
I think nobody wants the price of coins to be stagnant. That's probably crypto is dead. We benefit from market fluctuations. But for the long term, I think history has proved on the famous coins.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
Because it is a human factor and the price depends on a set of factors which influence human decisions. Well and still because this huge field for speculation
Activity: 294
I believe that the course also depends on the fluctuation of the main coins, such as bitcoin and etherium in particular.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
Price instability, or else it is called volatility, is an inherent feature of decentralized crypto currency. This crypto currency is not supported in the price by central banks or another body, as is done with regard to national money, and their price is formed solely on the basis of a supply-demand relationship that is never constant. Precisely because the demand and supply for the crypto currency are constantly changing, the price of the crypto currency is constantly changing. It seems that this will always be so.
Activity: 742
Merit: 526

The answer is simple. Prices fluctuate so much because there is no "real" value behind cryptocurrencies or it is very small. Why are prime fiat currencies like Swiss franc or American dollar so rock solid? Simply because they have real exchange value. You can go and buy anything with them, provided you live in Switzerland or United States, of course. With cryptocurrencies, there is no real economy backing them up, therefore their prices are entirely determined by speculation and speculators. Here's the answer to your next question, that is, what we need to make prices more stable? We need real economy behind crypto, which means goods being sold directly for bitcoins as well as other coins.
Pages:
Jump to: