Pages:
Author

Topic: Why does losing ~10,000 satoshis feel so bad? - page 2. (Read 1625 times)

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 4193
I just bet 12,000 satoshis on Freebitco.in and lost it all. In reality, 12,000 satoshis is only worth 6 cents.

The only explanation I could think of is that those 12,000 satoshis took me three days to earn. So it seems that three days worth of effort has been wasted.

Also, the opposite is true. The "rush" of winning 10,000 satoshis is disproportional to the actual value of those satoshis.

Anyone else feel the same way when betting faucet earnings?
You probably took a long time to earn those. Losing them felt like days of hard work gone in a few bets. Betting always lose, even though it's a faucet.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Hmm... Perhaps it's got something to do with the numbers involved. 10,000 units of something feels like a significant amount even though in reality, it's not.

And also there's the time you spent earning that 10,000 satoshis to consider too. You spent hours reloading page after page after page, typing in captchas, and clicking on buttons just to see your balance inch slowly upwards 300 satoshis at a time. And then by gambling it all, it all went back down to 0 in the blink of an eye. Hence the disappointment.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
even PTC would earn you more then faucets..

What is PTC?
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I just bet 12,000 satoshis on Freebitco.in and lost it all. In reality, 12,000 satoshis is only worth 6 cents.

The only explanation I could think of is that those 12,000 satoshis took me three days to earn. So it seems that three days worth of effort has been wasted.

Also, the opposite is true. The "rush" of winning 10,000 satoshis is disproportional to the actual value of those satoshis.

Because you know one day that 10k satoshi will be worth 10k :p

J/K obviously you put effort in for the 10k you added value.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I get the same feeling too. Bitcoin feels like it is worth a lot more than its equivalent value in fiat. When you loose a dollar, it's no big deal, but when you loose 0.001btc, it feels like $10.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

You should really stop using faucets. As you said, it took you 3 days to get just 6 cents...

Indeed, once you become a member (probably by next tuesday) look for a signature campaign in the Services section. The one I am using right now gives you 40,000 satoshis per constructive post.

Then instead of using shitty faucets you can make 400k satoshis a day by doing something that could help someone out some time. Smiley
Activity: 784
Would you feel bad if you fauceted for 3 days and only got 6 cents, but got them successfully?
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
Yes if it is 1 BTC but 10,000 satoshi is too low...
Activity: 543

You should really stop using faucets. As you said, it took you 3 days to get just 6 cents...

Can't answer your question, as I don't use faucet myself.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10

Pages:
Jump to: