Pages:
Author

Topic: Why does the halving increase the price? - page 3. (Read 340 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 855
December 15, 2023, 06:08:36 PM

- There have been 3 halvings, and in all of them the BTC price was insignificant compared to what it is today. Am I the only one who thinks that it is premature to speak of a pattern when something only happened 3 times before, and in completely different price ranges? Buying 1 BTC was realistic for many people before the first 3 halvings. Now that is no longer the case.

When a thing happen once it is called luck but the third time isn’t luck. The reason why you see an increase in bitcoin price after halving is because the amount to be mined reduces and as such the supply becomes limited. When the supply of a product decreases and the demand is high it increases the price according to law of demand and supply

- Why would people invest loads of money in BTC after the halving and not before?

People actually invest more into bitcoin before halving because after halving that is actually when the price is low because after halving there is bull run.

- What is a good price range for an air gapped wallet, for someone who only manages 0.3 BTC?
I take security very seriously. I'm in doubt between coldcard and Ngrave. Both are not very cheap. Ngrave will be over 500 bucks, which I think is a lot for someone who only manages a 13k portfolio. On the other hand, the value may increase and I want to take 0 risks losing my portfolio

There is not amount that is too small to be secured, although hardware wallets is a bit expensive I will say for that amount of bitcoin it is affordable for you to buy. There are good hardware wallets still within the price of $100-$200. This ember months are mostly filled with black market sales, you actually get one at a reduce amount
Activity: 184
Merit: 18
December 15, 2023, 06:04:58 PM
- Why would people invest loads of money in BTC after the halving and not before?
The smart ones buy when it's still the bear market, like when BTC was at $15K. The newbies and FOMO brigade will jump in later when Bitcoin crosses the previous all-time high and starts appearing more on main stream media. That's what I observed in the last 2 bull runs

At 15k I kept hearing we would get to 10k this year.
It seems to me that creating fomo by constantly advertising that the price will skyrocket after the supposed ETF approval, is big business.
It's just very hard for me to believe that anybody with serious interest in BTC would get involved after the halving.

The only thing I see that can really bump up the price, is large institutional money. Individuals keep telling me that it is too late to get into BTC because the price has already gone too high.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
December 15, 2023, 05:55:55 PM
The smart ones buy when it's still the bear market, like when BTC was at $15K. The newbies and FOMO brigade will jump in later when Bitcoin crosses the previous all-time high and starts appearing more on main stream media. That's what I observed in the last 2 bull runs

- What is a good price range for an air gapped wallet, for someone who only manages 0.3 BTC?
You could create your own airgapped wallet using a clean device that never accesses the internet.
December 15, 2023, 05:40:28 PM
Investing after halving massively is something that is becoming norm and no special reason. But I think what makes people to start it is because after halving, the mining reward decrease by half which makes the supplying of bitcoin into the market to reduce, making it deflationary and valuables.

Well at the first time of the halving there was no precedent, no anticipation. Neither was this the case during the second halving.
BTC investors could only vaguely see a pattern when the 3rd cycle arrived.

Meanwhile the whole world is anticipating on the 4th cycle. The attention was never so big in previous cycles because the price was not as significant as it is today. Everyone expects the price to go up loads after the halving. But why? It makes sense that everyone who ever heard about BTC, buys before the halving and not after.

We're also at a stage now where buying 1 BTC is not an option for 99.9% of society. People would have to buy per 0.1 BTC.
I think that the price of BTC went 10x on all previous occasions because individual investors wanted BTC, and were able to afford it. I think that the price can only explode from here if large institutions pump big money into BTC.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
December 15, 2023, 05:28:31 PM
Investing after halving massively is something that is becoming norm and no special reason. But I think what makes people to start it is because after halving, the mining reward decrease by half which makes the supplying of bitcoin into the market to reduce, making it deflationary and valuables.
December 15, 2023, 05:22:56 PM
A few random beginner questions:

- There have been 3 halvings, and in all of them the BTC price was insignificant compared to what it is today. Am I the only one who thinks that it is premature to speak of a pattern when something only happened 3 times before, and in completely different price ranges? Buying 1 BTC was realistic for many people before the first 3 halvings. Now that is no longer the case.

I take security very seriously. I'm in doubt between coldcard and Ngrave. Both are not very cheap. Ngrave will be over 500 bucks, which I think is a lot for someone who only manages a 13k portfolio. On the other hand, the value may increase and I want to take 0 risks losing my portfolio

Pages:
Jump to: