Pages:
Author

Topic: Why DOGE is so cheap, What am I missing?? - page 2. (Read 2602 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
/dev/null
ahh you know why? because you can't buy anything with dogecoin, their creators left the community and there is simply no demand and usage, except pump and dump scenarios..
i see a lot of places that you can spend dogecoin.
some of the things that you can buy with dogecoin:
  • Gift Cards
  • Jewelry, Accessories & Apparel
  • Coffee Mugs, Office supplies & Cell phone cases
  • Food/Health
  • Music
  • Games
  • Collectibles(comics)
  • Art
  • Hardware & Software
  • Web Design, Development, Hosting services
  • Toys
  • Movies
  • Sports & Equipment
  • Books
  • Stickers
  • Services
  • Physical Dogecoins
  • E-cigs, Glass pipes and Vapor products
  • Offline Wallets
  • Charities

i personally have only used Doge for doing giveaways, buying games and donating to charity.

more info:
http://www.dogecoins.com/spend.php
https://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/wiki/shop_with_dogecoin

doesn't matter how long you list is, you can buy all stuff mentioned above with bitcoin. I enjoyed initial hype, strong community, cool leaders (Palmer, Doernberg..) and charity projects..but for last couple of months, there is nothing new (if something except meme pictures with shiba inu, let me know..) and dogecoin just stuck somehow as many similar projects..
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
ahh you know why? because you can't buy anything with dogecoin, their creators left the community and there is simply no demand and usage, except pump and dump scenarios..
  • Gift Cards
  • Food/Health
  • Music
  • Games
  • Collectibles(comics)
  • Art
  • Hardware & Software
  • Toys
  • Movies
  • Sports & Equipment
  • Books
  • Stickers
  • Services
  • Physical Dogecoins
  • Offline Wallets
  • Charities

i personally have only used Doge for doing giveaways, buying games and donating to charity.

more info:

You can do all these with BTC already, nothing special.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Dogecoin was 50 a few months ago.
I don't see much future for Dogecoin except that it is good way to attract more people to cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10558
  • Gift Cards
  • Food/Health
  • Music
  • Games
  • Collectibles(comics)
  • Art
  • Hardware & Software
  • Toys
  • Movies
  • Sports & Equipment
  • Books
  • Stickers
  • Services
  • Physical Dogecoins
  • Offline Wallets
  • Charities

more info:
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Dogecoin i think is not cheap as you say.
I remember when it was below 0.00000050 and when we see now it is 0.00000072
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
AKA The Rubber Monkey
ahh you know why? because you can't by anything with dogecoin, their creators left the community and there is simply no demand and usage, except pump and dump scenarios..

Actually, you can use Doge as well as Litecoin and Bitcoin at egifter. I just noticed that the other day when I was buying an Amazon gift certificate there.

and why should somebody use dogecoin and not bitcoin? because of meme dog?Smiley

sorry, but I'm generally missing the point, what is advantage of dogecoin over bitcoin..they had amazing start, creators and community but after scam with dogeparty, leaving creators and moolah.io story...well, they are done..

There is no advantage. You said that you can't buy anything with Doge and I simply pointed out that you can. I didn't say anything about there being any advantage to using Doge. If there were an advantage, I'd use Doge. Instead, I use Bitcoin like most other people.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
but after scam with dogeparty, leaving creators and moolah.io story...well, they are done..
So you think Dogecoin has had relatively more scams than Bitcoin and Karpeles Satoshi is still an active Bitcoin developer?  Wink
I can't even remember how many extreme scams Bitcoin had.

Who is mining doge and why are they selling the coins at a loss?
Dogecoin can be merge mined with Litecoin (AuxPoW). So in addition to Dogecoin you also get the full LTC reward. This is what most Doge & LTC miners do, hence the hash rate of DOGE & LTC is very similar.
Activity: 673
Merit: 105
Who is mining doge and why are they selling the coins at a loss? That was the original question. if anyone can answer that I would appreciate. because there is significant amount of electricity expanded everyday on Dogecoin and I don't understand this low price compared to cost of mining there is a huge gap, merged mining pools DOGE/LTC with auxpow does not explain this imo.
legendary
/dev/null
ahh you know why? because you can't by anything with dogecoin, their creators left the community and there is simply no demand and usage, except pump and dump scenarios..

Actually, you can use Doge as well as Litecoin and Bitcoin at egifter. I just noticed that the other day when I was buying an Amazon gift certificate there.

and why should somebody use dogecoin and not bitcoin? because of meme dog?Smiley

sorry, but I'm generally missing the point, what is advantage of dogecoin over bitcoin..they had amazing start, creators and community but after scam with dogeparty, leaving creators and moolah.io story...well, they are done..
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
AKA The Rubber Monkey

legendary
/dev/null
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
The market obviously disagrees with you reRaise. Grin
What market cap would be the fair value for Dogecoin in your opinion?
Activity: 868
A coin with consistent high volume is what that matters most

This is an ignorant post, if you want volume go fcking trade s&p or something. Alt coins need to have usability, innvation. Bitcoin already covers everything what 99% of alts offer including the overpriced dogecoin. There are a very, very, very few that offer a use case  and a purpose, which bitcoin doesn't over. dogecoins creator abandoned his stupid coin, nuff said.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
i think the reason why Dogecoin is at this value is simply because of the ridiculous available supply of the Dogecoin . right now it is 100 billion Doge available. additionally every block will give a reward of 10,000 Doge and the miners will dump it on the market as soon as they get it.
with not enough demand this amount of supply will keep the price down.

Currently there are 10 BTC worth of coins are being mined every day. Compare that to the daily volume and it's safe to say the mined amount is nothing and the market can easily absorb it.

I agree, I just don't see why Doge has this much volume.
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001
Activity: 868
doge is a ltc copy with a different name and logo slapped on top, it's the most overpriced alt.
Activity: 227
Merit: 103
Have faith.
Constant reward of 5 Bill so inflation for the next 100 year is like so:
Code:
Year	1	5.00%
Year 2 4.76%
Year 3 4.54%
Year 4 4.35%
Year 5 4.16%
Year 6 4.00%
Year 7 3.84%
Year 8 3.70%
Year 9 3.57%
Year 10 3.45%
Year 11 3.33%
Year 12 3.22%
Year 13 3.12%
Year 14 3.03%
Year 15 2.94%
Year 16 2.86%
Year 17 2.78%
Year 18 2.70%
Year 19 2.63%
Year 20 2.56%
Year 21 2.50%
Year 22 2.44%
Year 23 2.38%
Year 24 2.32%
Year 25 2.27%
Year 26 2.22%
Year 27 2.17%
Year 28 2.13%
Year 29 2.08%
Year 30 2.04%
Year 31 2.00%
Year 32 1.96%
Year 33 1.92%
Year 34 1.89%
Year 35 1.85%
Year 36 1.82%
Year 37 1.79%
Year 38 1.75%
Year 39 1.72%
Year 40 1.69%
Year 41 1.67%
Year 42 1.64%
Year 43 1.61%
Year 44 1.59%
Year 45 1.56%
Year 46 1.54%
Year 47 1.51%
Year 48 1.49%
Year 49 1.47%
Year 50 1.45%
Year 51 1.43%
Year 52 1.41%
Year 53 1.39%
Year 54 1.37%
Year 55 1.35%
Year 56 1.33%
Year 57 1.32%
Year 58 1.30%
Year 59 1.28%
Year 60 1.27%
Year 61 1.25%
Year 62 1.23%
Year 63 1.22%
Year 64 1.20%
Year 65 1.19%
Year 66 1.18%
Year 67 1.16%
Year 68 1.15%
Year 69 1.14%
Year 70 1.12%
Year 71 1.11%
Year 72 1.10%
Year 73 1.09%
Year 74 1.08%
Year 75 1.06%
Year 76 1.05%
Year 77 1.04%
Year 78 1.03%
Year 79 1.02%
Year 80 1.01%
Year 81 1.00%
Year 82 0.99%
Year 83 0.98%
Year 84 0.97%
Year 85 0.96%
Year 86 0.95%
Year 87 0.94%
Year 88 0.93%
Year 89 0.93%
Year 90 0.92%
Year 91 0.91%
Year 92 0.90%
Year 93 0.89%
Year 94 0.88%
Year 95 0.88%
Year 96 0.87%
Year 97 0.86%
Year 98 0.85%
Year 99 0.85%
Year 100 0.84%
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10558
i think the reason why Dogecoin is at this value is simply because of the ridiculous available supply of the Dogecoin . right now it is 100 billion Doge available. additionally every block will give a reward of 10,000 Doge and the miners will dump it on the market as soon as they get it.
with not enough demand this amount of supply will keep the price down.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403
Life, Love and Laughter...
I honestly think both LTC and DOGE are way overstaying their welcome as I really can't see any reason whatsoever that would warrant their current price. I'm curious though, why people think otherwise.

I want LTC to be around as a safe haven coin in case shit happens with BTC.  Easy trades, storage and movement of funds.

edit:  And the volume is there to support big trades.

I see but I think that if BTC would flop for some reason then so would LTC/DOGE. I just don't think there's anything that LTC/DOGE does better than BTC.

I would disagree.  There's just so much potential in the cryptocurrency space that it just can't go away because BTC "failed".  If that happens the coin to go to is LTC for practical reasons.

edit:  Tbh, I can see BTC being replaced by something better, more scalable in the future.  
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
I honestly think both LTC and DOGE are way overstaying their welcome as I really can't see any reason whatsoever that would warrant their current price. I'm curious though, why people think otherwise.

I want LTC to be around as a safe haven coin in case shit happens with BTC.  Easy trades, storage and movement of funds.

edit:  And the volume is there to support big trades.

I see but I think that if BTC would flop for some reason then so would LTC/DOGE. I just don't think there's anything that LTC/DOGE does better than BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: