Pages:
Author

Topic: Why don't banks work with cryptocurrency? - page 9. (Read 1792 times)

legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128
Gradual progress man, obviously it is not at the peak point right now but the adoption for bitcoin grown so much every year, it is going to be more and more places accepting bitcoin and eventually it is going to be easily in the banks. Let me remind everyone that in USA there are tons of weed business', they are not illegal because in some states weed is legal, in some its legal with prescription and in some its fully legal without any prescription at all, of course I am not talking about weed dealers, they are always illegal if you are not going through the right due process, but there are tons of weed dispensary in those states that gets checked constantly and sell some good weed that is very legal.

None of them use banks, NONE, you know why? Federal law says that you have to be in a business that is allowed in all states, or you would have to not use a bank at all, banks can't accept their money because it would be illegal money in other states that bank works. That is why we are seeing uptick in state only banks in legal weed states as well. This is 2021, we literally have banks not accepting fiat for this reason, so no worries on crypto just yet.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 337
But, we already have exchanges? Exchanges can do everything that you would want to do with banks these days, and some of them even go to the extent of offering card services to their customers, so that they will be able to make withdrawals with their cryptocurrency cards and also make purchases online.

If banks should start working with cryptocurrency, it is still the same thing that exchanges are doing that they are going to be doing, so I don’t see the need for it. There are a lot of things that banks has to be focused on and I don’t think that trading cryptocurrency should be one of it lol.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 576
But, we already have exchanges? Exchanges can do everything that you would want to do with banks these days, and some of them even go to the extent of offering card services to their customers, so that they will be able to make withdrawals with their cryptocurrency cards and also make purchases online.
That's right, a lot of exchanges have already offered card services since a few years ago.

If banks should start working with cryptocurrency, it is still the same thing that exchanges are doing that they are going to be doing, so I don’t see the need for it. There are a lot of things that banks has to be focused on and I don’t think that trading cryptocurrency should be one of it lol.
There's no need for it but the banks are free to move and adopt whichever they think is beneficial for them. If they want to add a crypto service then that's going to happen but are there many of their customers going to take it? likely.
Activity: 475
Merit: 2
я открыт
-snip-
Which of these features does my project contradict?

What you mention are just general banking features that are known to the public. I ask again, what is the actual mechanism for the bank to implement them? Are you sure there is no "secret system" behind it? Studying it is not enough just to consult an ordinary bank employee who has a limited level of knowledge. You have to take other approaches including "insider".

Simply put, we know that blockchain is a brilliant idea and was created 11 years ago, but why haven't banks adopted it yet if you think a change is needed? What's the problem?
I sm sure that your ideas have been thought of by others before you.
I swami agree that these ideas were worked out before me, but that is the question: all DeFi constructions are based on the monetary system of the dollar (Fiat) and are tied to it. I suggest something else:
What's the point of Stablecoins pegged to the dollar or any Fiat currency if you can print as many as you like? It is necessary, on the contrary, that the emission of Fiat depends on the total real volume of the decentralized world economy, and not on the whim of the local authorities, but these are my illiterate fantasies, ignorant.
Now, with regard to the functions of the bank, if due to the ban, other financial institutions in the form of various funds, insurance companies and, finally, stock exchanges will not be able to fulfill them, the holy place is never empty.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 694
[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
-snip-

What you mention are just general banking features that are known to the public. I ask again, what is the actual mechanism for the bank to implement them? Are you sure there is no "secret system" behind it? Studying it is not enough just to consult an ordinary bank employee who has a limited level of knowledge. You have to take other approaches including "insider".

Simply put, we know that blockchain is a brilliant idea and was created 11 years ago, but why haven't banks adopted it yet if you think a change is needed? What's the problem?
I sm sure that your ideas have been thought of by others before you.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012
Crypto and banks have one very big difference and that is their structure itself.
Banks are centralized while crypto is decentralized. This itself is enough explanation as to why they aren't working with each other.
Banks are often used as a third party whenever there is a transaction from Person A to Person B. With crypto, banks isn't needed because they can just transfer without them. With this, the revenue or profit of the banks will be affected heavily thus they don't want cryptocurrency. One thing more is that they can't control it that is why they don't want it.
The activity of banks is not limited to just mediation in transactions between person A and B, and this should not be the basis of their activities. Banks are enterprises that, instead of producing goods, are engaged in accumulating money, and then extracting profit from it. The interests of banks and cryptocurrencies may not coincide in some ways, but there are no cardinal contradictions between banks and cryptocurrencies. Everything depends on the further actions of financial regulators in different countries. For example, Chinese regulators prohibit their financial organizations from dealing with cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
Why would banks want to work with a decentralized system? Wait, more importantly, why would we want decentralized currency to work with the banks? Banks are centralized institution controlled by the government. If banks starts working with bitcoin, and you join them, then you will no longer have the "power of decentralization". People like bitcoin because they can send it instantly from one place to another without any third-party interference and according to their own will. That won't be possible if you do it through banks. Moreover, the bitcoins will be no longer yours since you won't own the keys. Banks will be the owner of the coins and you may lose your access to the coins anytime.
- In this case, banks sometimes still allow us to continue to access but our incomes will be partially taxed and remember products with high profits will be heavily taxed, I don't believe that many people like to go public and give up a large portion of profits with a meaningless partnership with a bank while the good meaning of the product is about decentralization and personal control. Instead of that directly, we can always indirectly link crypto to the bank through online marketplaces and transactions, the two have worked together on the basis of anonymity.
я открыт
Crypto and banks have one very big difference and that is their structure itself.
Banks are centralized while crypto is decentralized. This itself is enough explanation as to why they aren't working with each other.

Banks are often used as a third party whenever there is a transaction from Person A to Person B. With crypto, banks isn't needed because they can just transfer without them. With this, the revenue or profit of the banks will be affected heavily thus they don't want cryptocurrency. One thing more is that they can't control it that is why they don't want it.
The main functions of banks:
• attraction (accumulation) of funds and their transformation into loan capital;
• stimulating the savings of depositors;
• loan mediation;
• intermediation in payments;
• creation of credit instruments of circulation;
• mediation in the stock market (in transactions with securities);
who will deal with these functions in cryptocurrency if not a bank, you? In fact, the bank itself will transform its paper wrappers into cryptocurrency, this is inevitable.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036
Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

Activity: 1442
Merit: 390
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Why would banks want to work with a decentralized system? Wait, more importantly, why would we want decentralized currency to work with the banks? Banks are centralized institution controlled by the government. If banks starts working with bitcoin, and you join them, then you will no longer have the "power of decentralization". People like bitcoin because they can send it instantly from one place to another without any third-party interference and according to their own will. That won't be possible if you do it through banks. Moreover, the bitcoins will be no longer yours since you won't own the keys. Banks will be the owner of the coins and you may lose your access to the coins anytime.
That's right! Banks are centralized wherein it is supported by the government while Bitcoin or cryptocurrency are not supported by many banks and if cryptocurrency works with the bank then probably cryptocurrency will become centralized also and the so-called decentralized cryptocurrency will be no more. Banks are using 3rd party interference and that's also another factor why people are having fun and enjoying using bitcoin because by just using addresses they can transfer funds anytime they want.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 574
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Activity: 2324
Merit: 454
Isn't it obvious? Why would they want to embrace decentralized cryptocurrencies over their centralized currencies? That would cause them losses in several ways which is why they usually dislike cryptocurrencies.

On the other hand, many banks have openly embraced the technology behind cryptocurrencies like BTC which could help their improve their centralized currencies.

They could offer cryptocurrencies as alternate payment methods though if their governments permit them to do so.

I agree. One of cryptocurrencies' nature is being volatile. I think its volatility rate is one of the major reasons why banks don't want crypto on their platform. With one major drop, their generated profits has a high possibility to become losses. The frequent price fluctuation of cryptocurrencies is just another whole new level of challenge for them if ever they will risk their chance on it. You know, central organizations are still businesses after all. That's why i totally understand why most of them are really aloof with the idea of adopting cryptocurrency.

In addition, government permission also plays a great role. Banks need it in order for them to adopt it without violating the set of policies and regulations. If the government will continue to tighten their grip on cryptocurrency, banks will really have a hard time accepting it on their platform since the higher authorities are still unfavor of it.
я открыт
Thank you for wasting your precious time reading my project. It is a pity that you did not understand its meaning. Obviously, not everyone is able to think adequately. Let me ask you what exactly you think is idiotic in the project, give specifics, maybe it will become clear to others where I am wrong.

Before starting this project, you should have a strong banking background yourself to create ideas that are not against regulations.

Back to the subject title... Why don't you ask the bank itself? It is not the independent desire of bankers to want to update their financial systems, but regulations still regulate them or they are not allowed to operate. You need to keep in mind that there are several points in blockchain technology that contradict how banks work.
The main functions of banks:
• attraction (accumulation) of funds and their transformation into loan capital;
• stimulating the savings of depositors;
• loan mediation;
• intermediation in payments;
• creation of credit instruments of circulation;
• mediation in the stock market (in transactions with securities);
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I believe that banks do not accept cryptocurrency as they are two different systems and they cannot exist with each other. At the same time, there is a struggle between banks and cryptocurrencies, and if suddenly banks start accepting cryptocurrencies, it means that the current financial system is gone and another system came instead. But now it is too early to say, since it is not yet clear who will win this battle, bankers or digital devices.
The simple thing is because banks use a centralized tied system, where banks are too tied to government regulations, while crypto offers blockchain technology which is a decentralized system. it is certainly the opposite and it may be difficult to implement blockchain in such a complex system
Activity: 1764
Merit: 694
[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
Thank you for wasting your precious time reading my project. It is a pity that you did not understand its meaning. Obviously, not everyone is able to think adequately. Let me ask you what exactly you think is idiotic in the project, give specifics, maybe it will become clear to others where I am wrong.

Before starting this project, you should have a strong banking background yourself to create ideas that are not against regulations.

Back to the subject title... Why don't you ask the bank itself? It is not the independent desire of bankers to want to update their financial systems, but regulations still regulate them or they are not allowed to operate. You need to keep in mind that there are several points in blockchain technology that contradict how banks work.
я открыт
I believe that banks do not accept cryptocurrency as they are two different systems and they cannot exist with each other. At the same time, there is a struggle between banks and cryptocurrencies, and if suddenly banks start accepting cryptocurrencies, it means that the current financial system is gone and another system came instead. But now it is too early to say, since it is not yet clear who will win this battle, bankers or digital devices.
Sooner or later, banks will still have to work with crypt currency, this is inevitable, which means they need a condition under which the crypt currency will evaluate financial assets as the dollar does now. I believe that both systems will work depending on each other. If now the young decentralized one depends on the centralized one, then in the future everything will be the other way around.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
Activity: 1330
Merit: 100
C O M B O
There have been some significant developments recently and they explain the hostility from the part of banks. The most important one is what happened in El Salvador, where Bitcoin was made a legal tender. And this put Bitcoin as a direct competitor to fiat currency. If an asset is a competitor to fiat currency, then automatically it becomes a competitor to the banking system as well. Because banks will be made obsolete if fiat currency is not there. You don't need bank accounts to store or transact with cryptocurrencies.

It will be good idea and discussed over 3-4 years.But it was not implemented because of the reason,bitcoin was not legalized all over the world.When the people invested their money on bitcoin,the bank should look into the people investing platform.Some bank get legalized of crytocurrency and using it also for the transaction .
Of course ideas like this are very interesting to discuss, moreover every year people who are interested and involved in cryptocurrency are increasing,
of course if we want to see banks being able to work with bitcoin cryptocurrencies need to be legalized worldwide as a legal payment,
I don't know if this can happen or not
я открыт
Wow, I looked through your project, though I didn't understand all of it, I think this might be something big and gives a chance to solve the problem. Did you come up with this idea on your own?
Also, am I right in the understanding, that for your project to work there is a need for constant new smart contracts and token emitents? And in the end, a very large portion of ETH holders need to participate in this system, right? How do you attempt to achieve that?
I have been working on this idea for three years.
If this project existed now, then the current correction in the market would allow ETH to overtake Bitcoin in capitalization.
You are the first to read it, everyone reads only the headings.
Sometimes I wonder if people like you are conmen or just plain stupid to harbor such delusions.

That whole crap of a "project" is talking about this idiotic idea of pooling everyone's Ethereum in a smart-contract and that smart-contract giving out some tokens in return.

Then you go on wasting so many words on declaring "ETH-WORLD will increase in price", "ETH-WORLD will be stable and banks will buy it" with zero backing of your arguments. This idea is nothing new. People have been trying collateral based stablecoins for a long time and are doing a much better job than calling a 42 point document as their "project". The time i wasted in skimming through that absurdity is now forever wasted.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
This is just my opinion but I think the reason that they are afraid of cryptocurrency is that they might be redoing their system if they want to fully integrate it since there will be a lot of characters in an address and people can have a lot of addresses, imagine that many characters and millions of people using your bank, your system will have a hard time storing or in the least get a bit expensive.
Pages:
Jump to: