Pages:
Author

Topic: Why even holding your bitcoins? - page 7. (Read 571 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
December 25, 2017, 11:17:36 AM
Why would I want to keep BTC in my investment portfolio? That's most hyped and quite overvalued coin I'd say.
There are other more technologically advanced coins. Is it because of "digital gold" and store of value properties?

Uh..you just said the reason to keep the coin, its overvalued. Yes, its the first crypto so obviously never cryptos with better technology have come but we all know BTC is still ruling the market. It would be stupid to not have bitcoin but all other coins, the smartest move is to have other coins along with BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158
December 25, 2017, 11:14:51 AM
Why would I want to keep BTC in my investment portfolio? That's most hyped and quite overvalued coin I'd say.
There are other more technologically advanced coins. Is it because of "digital gold" and store of value properties?

Lot of reasons:
1. Its the one you need to get any of those other "technologically advanced" coins.

2. All of those "technological advancements"are more or less unproven, unimplemented and untested at the levels that BTC has seen. Both in terms of the transactions as well as the associated hardware. The only serious implementation that has seen that scale yet is ETH. Till then, all this talk about DAG, Tangles, Block-Lattices etc etc should not be taken at face value. If nothing else, you need to hold BTC as the hedge because its the only proven and widely used implementation.

3. Bitcoin has the most active developer community. And i guess they are quite a positive when you need "Technological advancements".

4. The "Digital gold", "commodity"and such definitions are media driven. Nobody really knows whats its going to become. Don't you want to stick around to know?

5. Lastly, you can always hold BTC along with ïnvesting in the technologically advanced coins.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
December 25, 2017, 10:49:04 AM
Well because I still see a great potential of Bitcoin, there are so many things still can be achieved with Bitcoin, Bitcoin got the most powerful tools which is users, the market of Bitcoin is 50%, which means that half of the market is dominated by Bitcoin, so many website also already accepting Bitcoin, that is my reasons to keep bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
December 25, 2017, 10:41:03 AM

If you don't want to keep it or invest in it then don't keep or invest in it. You could ask the same of any other digital coins or stocks and shares etc. Why would you want to hold facebook/microsoft/amazon stock or platinum/gold/silver etc. I personally hold bitcoins because I believe in them and I think there's still massive potential for growth. I think there's much more money to be made by holding bitcoin than there is in all the stocks and precious metals I listed above and I haven't been proven wrong yet. Is there more money to be made in other digital coins? Possibly. Do I own any other coins? Yes, but I'm not so certain that any of them will be worth any where near what bitcoin currently is (though they also still have huge potential for growth) but I still favor bitcoin to come out on top, but if I'm wrong I'll still personally come out on top also lol (unless I picked the wrong coins  Grin).
Activity: 18
Merit: 3
December 25, 2017, 10:28:39 AM

Pages:
Jump to: