Pages:
Author

Topic: Why has the network jumper to 14 terahashes? - page 3. (Read 5427 times)

Activity: 142
Merit: 100
nevermind, you guys are probably watching bitcoincharts.com

anyone ever questioned how that number is calculated at their site?  I know their formula is wrong or at least misleading. That number will show a big drop in the next 12 to 24 hours.

Network is still at 11.5 Th, expected to hit 12 Th in a week.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
Mousepotato agreed.

but where do you see this 30% jump in the network, maybe I'm missing something.

Last I looked (yesterday) it was around 11.8 TH/s.  Right now it's at about 15 TH/s.  It could be a combination of my bad memory and even worse math skills, but I guesstimate that's close to a 30%  jump.
Mousepotato agreed.

but where do you see this 30% jump in the network, maybe I'm missing something.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
It's the Moore's law of Bitcoin. I don't think price matters, nothing will stop this law.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
It called variance. Pools were lucky and solved 10 extra blocks in the last 24 hours. Network is still at 11.5 Th, expected to hit 12 Th in a week.
If we were steadily chugging along at ~150 blocks/day, an extra 10 isn't going to cause the network to jump nearly 30% from variance.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Firstbits: 12pqwk
*****PANIC********
it's at 15G now
RUN!!
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
"Why has the network jumper to 14 terahashes?"

well i see ppl still discovering BTC daily and joining thier Mhash and Ghahs/s to the network

there are even still ppl buying hardware to mine on. Depending on thier circumstances it could still be viable to mine. 

despite the in creasing difficulty I dont expect the hashrate to drop in the neaar future Smiley
others will have different opinions, I can only go on what i see daily at my pool and around the forums /netwrok Smiley
Activity: 224
Gribble is still showing us more or less on par to where we've been for this round:

[11:13] <@gribble> Current Blocks: 136089 | Current Difficulty: 1563027.9961162 | Next Difficulty At Block: 137087 | Next Difficulty In: 998 blocks | Next Difficulty In About: 6 days, 15 hours, 24 minutes, and 10 seconds | Next Difficulty Estimate: 1631293.15723098

There was a sight jump the last day or two but nothing awful imho.
Activity: 348
Merit: 251
It called variance. Pools were lucky and solved 10 extra blocks in the last 24 hours. Network is still at 11.5 Th, expected to hit 12 Th in a week.

Aaaah ok where can you check that the pools solved those extra blocks.

Also could you let me know where you were able to gather your expectation from? I would like to be able to estimate as well.

Thanks a mill.
Activity: 348
Merit: 251
The only reason I can think is that Cisco analysis published on their blog?

Any other reason do you think?- I hope it goes down again. I saw it jump up to that at the last difficulty level and it's been hovering around 11 since consistently. 
Pages:
Jump to: