Author

Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash? - page 130. (Read 246148 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Stronger
August 06, 2016, 05:57:05 AM
Bitcoin is the most accessible money globally , wherever you are.
Despite the fact that it is not known like dollar $ ..
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064
August 05, 2016, 10:44:08 PM
It's not really a good idea. Not for me at least, as my country doesn't support BTC at all. After looking on many maps, I found out there are just 11 places you can pay with BTC at, out of which like 6 of them are ATMs.

It might be anonymous, fast and safe.. but even if my country would support BTC payments, confirmation would be a pain. For both the customers and the owners.

As you say, it can vary from country to country.
In a small city-state with high levels of internet penetration, bitcoin could really be a hit.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598
August 05, 2016, 12:46:25 PM
It's not really a good idea. Not for me at least, as my country doesn't support BTC at all. After looking on many maps, I found out there are just 11 places you can pay with BTC at, out of which like 6 of them are ATMs.

It might be anonymous, fast and safe.. but even if my country would support BTC payments, confirmation would be a pain. For both the customers and the owners.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 05, 2016, 12:40:59 PM
Because it is an online safe investment
i think bitcoin still need some recommendation to become more safe, i think in preset time bitcoin cannot take the place of fiat curry and we cannot chose bitcoin for fiat currency because without fiat currency we cannot lead a good life in the world because fiat money is our fundamental need and without that leading life is not possible, but hope that in future a time will come when bitcoin will become a universal currency and then there will be no need for fiat currency or for any other fiat currency .
Activity: 136
August 05, 2016, 11:40:58 AM
Because it is an online safe investment
Activity: 910
Merit: 505
August 05, 2016, 11:24:26 AM
Bcz it is the best independent way for trading services.instead of carring a physical wallet and worry for it.bitcoin made it super easier as it comes with different protection encryption and no need for physical wallet.
Activity: 216
August 05, 2016, 10:59:11 AM
Well recently having bitcoin agaisnt cash has turned into a loss of 15-20% from those who bought bitcoin after the halving. But knowing the potencial of bitcoin and its volatilaty this means almost nothing as bitcoin can turn this into  a huge profit in short moments. Bitcoin has a shinning future ahead, cash has its limitations and several regulamentacions under it.
well bad stuff might always happen, i think bitcoins shouldnt be blamed for that, im still staying with it right now and hoping to make huge profit easily

There is no need to worry about the short term price of the bitcoin. In 10 years, you will think it is wise to buy now.
Activity: 296
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 04, 2016, 07:21:40 PM
Well recently having bitcoin agaisnt cash has turned into a loss of 15-20% from those who bought bitcoin after the halving. But knowing the potencial of bitcoin and its volatilaty this means almost nothing as bitcoin can turn this into  a huge profit in short moments. Bitcoin has a shinning future ahead, cash has its limitations and several regulamentacions under it.
well bad stuff might always happen, i think bitcoins shouldnt be blamed for that, im still staying with it right now and hoping to make huge profit easily
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
August 04, 2016, 06:12:40 PM
Activity: 420
August 04, 2016, 03:54:35 PM
You can use bitcoin to pay for items online while you can't actually do that with cash(actual cash, not credit cards/paypal). But paying with cash is faster then paying with bitcoin, but it's tedious work to count how much money you need.
you cannot pay with bitcoins for everything to be honest, sometimes you would need to use cash too though bitcoins is a far better investment option

Well that is true so if someone is really set in living on BTC then when they have no choice they would have to convert to fiat. BTC has way less restrictions and an actual shot at raising in value so BTC is better if someone can work for BTC.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
August 04, 2016, 03:05:25 PM
Cash is good for day-to-day transactions while bitcoins is good for online transactions. Since we are all going cashless, people might start seeing the benefits of bitcoins... asides the fact that its price keeps increasing.
yes that is a fact. that in present time we need both the currencies, of is not so much convenience without the other, may be a time come when only one currency will be enough for us but in present time i think we cannot depend on single currency, because bitcoin is good for online buying or even more good for saving and investing but in local market in most of the place we cannot use bitcoin as it is not accepted in most of the areas so there we have to use the fiat currency.
Yes we cannot stop using either of them and both are equally important in their place. Without cash your real life stops while if you stop using bitcoins your virtual ideas, thoughts and all the things are stopped.
thats true though in my opinion in the future bitcoin is going to be way more important as a currency so i think the more we use it now the better it is for us

From now, when it is not used everywhere and by everyone, it is much important for me, I have started a good income with that and now I do not need any daytime job , now with my earning I will start a good business and I will be my own boss with that business.
Activity: 252
August 04, 2016, 12:52:57 PM
Cash is good for day-to-day transactions while bitcoins is good for online transactions. Since we are all going cashless, people might start seeing the benefits of bitcoins... asides the fact that its price keeps increasing.
yes that is a fact. that in present time we need both the currencies, of is not so much convenience without the other, may be a time come when only one currency will be enough for us but in present time i think we cannot depend on single currency, because bitcoin is good for online buying or even more good for saving and investing but in local market in most of the place we cannot use bitcoin as it is not accepted in most of the areas so there we have to use the fiat currency.
Yes we cannot stop using either of them and both are equally important in their place. Without cash your real life stops while if you stop using bitcoins your virtual ideas, thoughts and all the things are stopped.
yes that is such a good idea in present time we cannot ignore the importance of one, because in our daily life the cash has such an important place in our life that we cannot ignore, we have to pay or bill using fiat money we have to buy daily uses stuff, that we cannot buy using bitcoin, in present time i am using bitcoin for investment only and there very rare used of bitcoin in our daily life. but hope that in future we will be able to use bitcoin as a fiat money in our daily life.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
August 04, 2016, 09:51:58 AM
After the story with Bitfinex I decided to cash out my savings from Yobit. Just waiting for the price get higher again to 700$. I am sure on Bitfinex's place could be any other exchanger. It shows us that security of a site is not ideal, well and cash in usual banks can be stolen.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
August 04, 2016, 07:52:21 AM
bitcoin can be the world popular crypto currency but i think it will be worthless if we can notexchange it woth faint currencys. because world has not be so developed till now that shops or services will accept direct bitcoins ,they do accept faint and thats hard truth
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
August 04, 2016, 06:58:16 AM
Can agree with people who saying that bitcoin is better than cahs, for using as currency cash is really much better that bitcoin and also much esier.
Take one option friend, I know its a hard choice because its a fight between something we love and desperate to use and something we are forced to use but its necessary to live. I am forced to choose cash because of it being used locally.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 03, 2016, 07:51:53 PM
Bitcoin clearly has a lot of advantages, but need to overcome the problem of acceptance. I believe this will be overcome with time.
Activity: 288
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 03, 2016, 07:48:51 PM
fiat is really important for me, i do a lot of shopping with it and i think that bitcoins might change them only in like a decade or so, still everything might happen
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
August 03, 2016, 07:28:07 PM
I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.

i totally agree with # 1, 3 and 4. especially 3 and 4. it is the best way to transfer money between countries , and in long distances. especially since it is so much faster than any other way and also you should pay the lowest fees in order to do it.

but if you are looking for reasons on "why choose bitcoin over cash" number 2 is not a very good argument.
because while bitcoin has potential of going up in value (as we can see right now in the market), it is also very volatile which means it can go down the same way it went up. and this IMO makes it not a suitable substitute for cash.

It maybe right, we can’t just say bitcoin potential investment than cash. Bitcoin could fluctuate so fast, like 3 days past, the value of btc decline almost $100. But it could rise again just like the last year, if you sure to keep it as investment till next year.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
August 03, 2016, 06:56:36 PM
You can use bitcoin to pay for items online while you can't actually do that with cash(actual cash, not credit cards/paypal). But paying with cash is faster then paying with bitcoin, but it's tedious work to count how much money you need.
you cannot pay with bitcoins for everything to be honest, sometimes you would need to use cash too though bitcoins is a far better investment option
Activity: 266
Merit: 251
August 03, 2016, 06:55:33 PM
Jump to: