Author

Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash? - page 148. (Read 246148 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
June 09, 2016, 07:09:28 AM
I use the bitcoin to do some online purchase. That is not anonymous. I use the cash if I want to keep anonymity.
Activity: 364
June 08, 2016, 03:41:24 AM
cash are not that easy to use in different countries, you need to exchange them everytime, a pain in the ass, bitcoin is a global currency, and very easy too move also

and cannot be faked like cash so easily, add on top of this, the less fees required...

I can use my mastercard in a lot of contries without even knowing what currency they have.

we are talking about cash not electronic money, also your other issue is the withdrawal limit on basically any atm, you know that with your master card you cannot withdrawn more than a certain amount, with bitcoin there are no restriction of any sort

yes you can use your mastercard but they will charge you a great fee for conversion, with bitcoin you don't need to convert in the local currency because bitcoin works globally
i dont think you all see it the right way because there are allot of people who says what do i have to do with coins when i have also normal cash/gold/money howecer you wanna call it. But yes if you have cash you dont need bitcoins but why not just give it a try.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
June 08, 2016, 01:38:00 AM
Bitcoin is really hard to spend right now so i think that cash is better for people who using bitcoin as currnecy, for people who using bitocins as investment bitcoins is better.
But with bitcoins the more you hold you money you are give a good earnings that you can consider as interest, while in cash it will not grow and will be subject for inflation. In terms of spending, cash is really good as you can spend it anywhere you want as it is government regulated currency but when it comes to online transaction nothing can beat bitcoin.
But you have to consider that holding bitcoin carries with it the risk of losing the value if the price dips. It is not always sunny in bitcoin, but that is what the traders are here for. Price volatility makes the risk-averse people have more bitcoins than the amount they are willing to lose.
Activity: 644
June 08, 2016, 01:32:21 AM

I want to hold my bitcoins for future, and I think spending at a moment for basic things will not serve the purpose, I generally use cash to buy basic things and the reason there are not many shops that accepts bitcoins as a mode of payment, and spending bitcoins gives me a feeling that I am spending my investments, so its better to keep bitcoins safe in digital wallet for future with master safety but i have craze with fiat as well.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
June 08, 2016, 01:18:53 AM
Bitcoin is really hard to spend right now so i think that cash is better for people who using bitcoin as currnecy, for people who using bitocins as investment bitcoins is better.
But with bitcoins the more you hold you money you are give a good earnings that you can consider as interest, while in cash it will not grow and will be subject for inflation. In terms of spending, cash is really good as you can spend it anywhere you want as it is government regulated currency but when it comes to online transaction nothing can beat bitcoin.

When it come to online transaction there is still the US dollars. I still see some websites or online shops that wants your money changed to USD first before concluded the transaction. They dont want to accept any other currency.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
June 08, 2016, 01:08:05 AM

Well, I am sitting here in Peru (for almost another day before returning) with well over $1000 worth of BTC in a tiny Ledger Nano.  It takes up less space than 10 C-Notes do.  Think about that for a moment...

OK, Peru is not a BTC-aware place yet (a little, but not much.  US$ and Peruvian Soles are both easily bought and sold freely and easily here.  Legal & easy foreign exchange makes BTC unnecessary here.  Businesses, for the most part, are NOT interested.

But, would I be feeling better with BTC in Venezuela, say?  You bet.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
June 08, 2016, 12:55:21 AM
Activity: 588
June 07, 2016, 02:59:15 PM
Activity: 490
Merit: 520
June 07, 2016, 11:54:04 AM
Bitcoin is a better asset to hold than cash because of the continuous appreciating value of Bitcoin (at least since a year and a half ago) and the fact that Bitcoin doesn't suffer from massive inflation, like what most fiat currencies do.

Bitcoin is also fairly usable in the real world depending on what assets you have available, so the benefits stack on top of the normality of cash.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
June 07, 2016, 11:38:02 AM
Your money is much more safe in bitcoin than holding it as a cash.
You just need a wallet address to store your bitcoin to make it safe,unlike cash you need vault or safe just to make it secure.
Activity: 364
June 07, 2016, 11:30:11 AM
I would choose Bitcoin instead of cash because of the fact that you can make money with it and that is a good thing. Cash is also good but the fact that you get the chance to make money with Bitcoin is letting met choose that.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
June 07, 2016, 10:56:35 AM
I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.
Bitcoin cant be still from you, Bitcoin price is not stable bitcoin is going high as time past.Cash value is increasing very very slow if you compare it yo bitcoin
legendary
June 07, 2016, 09:42:00 AM
cash are not that easy to use in different countries, you need to exchange them everytime, a pain in the ass, bitcoin is a global currency, and very easy too move also

and cannot be faked like cash so easily, add on top of this, the less fees required...

I can use my mastercard in a lot of contries without even knowing what currency they have.

we are talking about cash not electronic money, also your other issue is the withdrawal limit on basically any atm, you know that with your master card you cannot withdrawn more than a certain amount, with bitcoin there are no restriction of any sort

yes you can use your mastercard but they will charge you a great fee for conversion, with bitcoin you don't need to convert in the local currency because bitcoin works globally
why have bitcoins instead of cash. i think its better to say have cash instead of bitcoins because bitcoins will not be much worth for ever and cash is always there and will never lose his worth. so i dont think you should have bitcoins instead of cash.

This are different things. Bitcoin is now used for transacting online, or an investment in a better way like gold. Cash is cash. You use it for your daily needs and other stuffs to buy. Although you can now buy online using your bitcoins.
Activity: 546
June 07, 2016, 07:23:28 AM
I think the bitcoin is better to have than cash because its much safer, you always have it if you have your phone with you and the fact is also that you cannot get robbed.
Another nice thing is you can not lose it like cash money.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting
June 07, 2016, 06:29:23 AM
Whatever that can be traded with bitcoin than can be paid thru cash I prefer to use bitcoin because you can do the transaction online by doing the payments on your high technology gadgets.  For cash basis making a manual transaction would be taking more time and a lot of documentation.
Activity: 714
June 07, 2016, 06:16:23 AM

why have bitcoins instead of cash. i think its better to say have cash instead of bitcoins because bitcoins will not be much worth for ever and cash is always there and will never lose his worth. so i dont think you should have bitcoins instead of cash.
Activity: 420
June 07, 2016, 04:44:34 AM
Actually, i have both bitcoins and cash. I use bitcoin for online things like gambling and trading, and i use cash for my daily things in my real life.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/
June 07, 2016, 04:34:06 AM
I think Bitcoin is more guaranteed than money, because it is not controlled by any government. In 1990 in my country (Brazil) the government seized all bank accounts including applications. It was chaos. Despair. If there were the bitcoins at that time and if someone had bitcoins, that person would be calm.
Let us just look it into simple way, cash is subject to inflation while bitcoins will give good value in the future. In terms of investment I would choose bitcoins and even in online transaction as it is fast and safe.

That is the problem if someone is controlling something. They can do what they want and those who are under it cant do nothing. Vice versa with bitcoin. We are all owners here. We are CEO, we decide when to close it.
It's true, and we can do anything with our bitcoins, the good thing with bitcoins is the longer we hold it the more its value increases unlike cash that it will remain the same value or even decreases because if inflation.
legendary
June 07, 2016, 03:29:29 AM
I think Bitcoin is more guaranteed than money, because it is not controlled by any government. In 1990 in my country (Brazil) the government seized all bank accounts including applications. It was chaos. Despair. If there were the bitcoins at that time and if someone had bitcoins, that person would be calm.
Let us just look it into simple way, cash is subject to inflation while bitcoins will give good value in the future. In terms of investment I would choose bitcoins and even in online transaction as it is fast and safe.

That is the problem if someone is controlling something. They can do what they want and those who are under it cant do nothing. Vice versa with bitcoin. We are all owners here. We are CEO, we decide when to close it.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
June 06, 2016, 10:46:54 PM
Jump to: