Pages:
Author

Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash? - page 9. (Read 246148 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Business Driven CryptoCurrency based on Assest
January 11, 2018, 10:41:24 AM
I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.

Some points I want to make clear why BTC is better than actual cash

1.) I can actually save my BTC (money)

2.) Cash will stay in the same amount from day 1 to the days you are going to spend it. BTC goes up and down depends on the rate. My BTC can value to higher money if I get lucky.

3.) BTC is actually SAFER
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
January 11, 2018, 10:36:41 AM
Protection is one of the benefit of bitcoin. Presently the bank realizes what you did, the amount you did it with, where it's going and who is lifting it up. On the off chance that you are sending high estimation of cash then you are reluctant that it may be there is an elastic out there. what's more, you may uncover your personality. So it's badly arranged, exorbitant, and tedious. A numerous risk! With Bitcoin, you can send any add up to somebody's QR code or address and pay about little expense.
Activity: 23
January 11, 2018, 10:16:42 AM
I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.
Totally agree with this. Also you can bring it everywhere without being scared of being rob. It is a universal currency. It’s legal and it just gives us more security.
Activity: 46
January 11, 2018, 10:09:27 AM
any government can,t control cant control the BTC system they can only the ban the BTC there country inside bank also same.
so many people make fudd arround BTC market.
Activity: 178
January 11, 2018, 10:07:37 AM
For me bitcoin is more convenient that paper money. Even I don't have  bitcoin but this is what I think btc is more convenient than paper money because the motion of btc is digital to physical. The value of btc is moving upward.
Activity: 280
January 11, 2018, 10:03:00 AM
I prefer Bitcoin because it's easy to use in many transactions especially now that banks are having problems regarding the savings of some people are missing or shall we call it withdrawn without their knowledge so even if our money is in the bank were not sure that it's safe that's why i prefer bitcoin you can hold it and withdraw it anytime.
Activity: 364
Merit: 130
January 11, 2018, 09:40:59 AM
My suppositions are like this, let's just say Bitcoin = Chickens and Cash =  Eggs. With a chicken, you can produce some eggs, and from those eggs can hatch into chickens. While the Egg, he still needs the parent to be hatched, in this case, possible if we save money in the bank, the bank as its parent.  Grin

So which one do you think is more profitable, have a chicken or just have an egg.
Activity: 350
January 11, 2018, 09:21:06 AM

wherever you are as long as there is internet connection you will be able to do digital transactions, and bitcoin is a good investment because of the many devotees
Activity: 315
Merit: 100
Investing in the future development of blockchain
January 11, 2018, 09:13:54 AM
Besides, Bitcoin is an invisible gold and do not be restricted by the customs.

We cannot rely on Bitcoin for the rest of our lives, cash is definitely still the most stable medium of payment we can apply, since Bitcoin is more on technology people should have gadgets just to be accessible with this kind platform which is kinda unfair to those who are not interested with this.
Activity: 238
Hello World!
January 11, 2018, 09:06:09 AM
Cash is difficult to gain but easy to lose, and btc is much easier to gain and hard to lose. Btc is really much secured than money and it's easy to make transactions, unlike Cash. But cash is used widely everywhere than btc. Both have advantages and disadvantages, and both are important to people.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
January 11, 2018, 08:24:08 AM
Easy to use and the price rise up faster than gold , the possibillity is very small to experience inflation because it's very limited amount. There is no tax in bitcoin.
Activity: 123
January 11, 2018, 08:03:14 AM
Maybe because in bitcoin we can handle and manage our money properly. And we have our secret wallet/banks in our hand and we can be sure that our money is always safe unlike if we hold cash.
Activity: 90
January 11, 2018, 06:57:27 AM
Bitcoin is money digital very promising and can provide advantage great to invested for the future.
Activity: 168
January 11, 2018, 06:14:28 AM

because bitcoin is already international unlike the currency of one country you had to change your money of you go to another country,and also its easy to transact.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 639
January 11, 2018, 04:28:30 AM
Mostly people are keeping bitcoin in their wallet in place of to cash it and i think the main reason behind it is that bitcoin price is varying and mostly price of bitcoin is increasing due to increasing of customers of bitcoin so if you have a bitcoin in your wallet and price of bitcoin is increased then your bitcoin will also increased and in this way your BTC is keep safe and increased with out any work done by you.
My own reasons for keeping Bitcoin are- (1) the price is volatile, and fluctuates most of the times. If you invest your money into bitcoin, you will be able to earn money without working for it. Good thing is that Bitcoin has been going upwards since last year. Another reason is that it helps me to send money to some of my friends that are living abroad. I don’t have to go to bank before doing anything.
Bitcoin is good, but that doesn’t make it more secured than cash, cause it can be vulnerable to attacks sometimes, well, as the op said, if you’re not careful. But one thing we should know is that Bitcoin is not a real currency. It is perfect for investment, and that’s one of the reasons why I chose Bitcoin, just to make more money…
Activity: 62
Merit: 60
January 11, 2018, 02:49:27 AM
Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and volatile so it may increase and decrease pretty fast and is affected by laws of supply and demand so  you can get higher value over time unlike cash it is controlled by the government so it follow such rules and regulations and does not affect by supply and demand so its price will be stable in a long period of time.
Activity: 994
Merit: 101
January 11, 2018, 02:35:41 AM
If we compare with cash, of course many different things from bitcoin, the example is the bitcoin value that keeps rising, making bitcoin holders get big profit so prefer bitcoin than cash.
Activity: 2
January 11, 2018, 01:01:20 AM
When Ive thoroughly search bitcoin I have gain more knowledge on how each one of us can earn money over online. I choose bitcoin instead cash because of the price increases and its use rather opportunity can have.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
January 11, 2018, 12:54:44 AM
That's definitely true. It gives more advantages to have bitcoin instead of cash. And I think the biggest reason of having bitcoin is it's decentralised which means we can manage and monitor our own money. Simply,  we become our own bank. No one can authorize it.

Decentralization will be the future and it's not only bitcoin but altcoins as well, we have a very strong market and innovative product has been invented
to help cater the needs of the people. Cash will still be useful but bitcoin is here to change the traditional system and we have already benefited and satisfied with the system of bitcoin.
Activity: 92
Merit: 1
January 10, 2018, 09:52:13 AM
That's definitely true. It gives more advantages to have bitcoin instead of cash. And I think the biggest reason of having bitcoin is it's decentralised which means we can manage and monitor our own money. Simply,  we become our own bank. No one can authorize it.
Pages:
Jump to: