Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I chose not to invest in SpectreCoin (XSPEC) now - page 6. (Read 2225 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 47
My opinion is that it’s dead. What number of privacy coins does Crypto really need? There are loads claiming to do all the equal features XSPEC offers. I wish I had better news.

Please do enlighten us then ... which features are you talking about? I really encourage you to list ALL the relevant features of XSPEC and show the "loads" of coins, which offer the same features set (I make it easier for you : do this just for privacy relevant features).

And if you cared to look at the in-flight development and the community driven projects around XSPEC, you would know that it's far from dead ... the journey is just beginning.

In summary, you don't have any "news", you just share a misinformed opinion.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
My opinion is that it’s dead. What number of privacy coins does Crypto really need? There are loads claiming to do all the equal features XSPEC offers. I wish I had better news.
Since facts are important:

1. Yes version 1.4 is not out yet. So what? Fact is that several features planned for 1.4 were pulled into 1.3.5 AHEAD of schedule! As a result, 1.4 was pushed back to end of month. In my book, this is sound product release management.

2. A number of other projects have been using the code without crediting XSPEC (look at the wallet of TokenPay for instance). So just making small, interim commits goes counter to any business rational.

3. What counts in the dev is what he delivers. And the dev has devs have deliverd technically speaking a quite spectacular product. So whether he says he's the King of Persia or an alien from outerspace, is irrelevant. The output is what counts.

You are totally right in your 3rd point, and that's one of the reason why I wrote the original post. One of the thing I am challenging about this project, that smells quite a lot in my personal opinion, is that the amount of work publicly produced does not justify 2 developers working full time. Have you got an idea of what 2 developers can produce in a full time week of work? In my opinion it's just another lie jpg is saying around (i.e. Bryce does not exist, he's not working full time on XSPEC), like his years of development experience.

On your first point, jbg said more than once that he would have put 1.4 public, and he has not. This means the code is publicly visible, but not released. It takes 2 seconds to do this (put the code in a separate public branch), and it would clear a lot doubts. Why he has promise to do this and he has not, even though it takes 2 seconds? I have my opinion on this Smiley

Also in my opinion releasing 1.4 will not be enough, you need to check if it contains the amount of work jbg has said it has, which need to justify months of development which cannot be seen happening in github between Jun/Feb. What happened from June to November and in February? From github almost nothing. Where are the proofs that he's actually delivering? Creating a release with a few code changes or library updates does not mean he's delivering. From what is publicly available on github, he's not delivering much.

Using the number of commits on github as a metric for the work performed is spurious. Also, that's easy to game, by just making some updates to some comments. Instead, compare what has been delivered between releases. So far, the releases have delivered consistently important and fundamental changes, and they have been robust. Isn't that what counts?

Given the noticable changes between releases, and comparing it with the changes that other products deliver in a similar timeframe with even a larger developer base, your argument that the development does not represent the output of two developers is simply not tennable.

You also seem to confuse this project which is driven by privacy enthusiasts and a great, devoted and convinced community that together produces a superior product, with a project that is purely business driven with a large funding behind it. When SpectreCoin is able to hire an army of devs, pay them hundreds of thousands per year then you will certainly need transparent and strong governance.

And even if you were right (and I strongly argue you are not) that the two devs are not pulling their weight, then they are truly geniuses who with "just a few code changes" or "library updates" as you claim, are managing to create a cryptocurrency that has technicaly features which rival (and surpass) some of the best known and best funded coins out there.

Activity: 73
Merit: 8

1. Yes version 1.4 is not out yet. So what? Fact is that several features planned for 1.4 were pulled into 1.3.5 AHEAD of schedule! As a result, 1.4 was pushed back to end of month. In my book, this is sound product release management.

2. A number of other projects have been using the code without crediting XSPEC (look at the wallet of TokenPay for instance). So just making small, interim commits goes counter to any business rational.

3. What counts in the dev is what he delivers. And the dev has devs have deliverd technically speaking a quite spectacular product. So whether he says he's the King of Persia or an alien from outerspace, is irrelevant. The output is what counts.

You are totally right in your 3rd point, and that's one of the reason why I wrote the original post. One of the thing I am challenging about this project, that smells quite a lot in my personal opinion, is that the amount of work publicly produced does not justify 2 developers working full time. Have you got an idea of what 2 developers can produce in a full time week of work? In my opinion it's just another lie jpg is saying around (i.e. Bryce does not exist, he's not working full time on XSPEC), like his years of development experience.

On your first point, jbg said more than once that he would have put 1.4 public, and he has not. This means the code is publicly visible, but not released. It takes 2 seconds to do this (put the code in a separate public branch), and it would clear a lot doubts. Why he has promise to do this and he has not, even though it takes 2 seconds? I have my opinion on this Smiley

Also in my opinion releasing 1.4 will not be enough, you need to check if it contains the amount of work jbg has said it has, which need to justify months of development which cannot be seen happening in github between Jun/Feb. What happened from June to November and in February? From github almost nothing. Where are the proofs that he's actually delivering? Creating a release with a few code changes or library updates does not mean he's delivering. From what is publicly available on github, he's not delivering much.

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
#prayforbryce
This guys looks ALOT (i mean a fucking LOT) like that Deep Onion guy, who has multiple accounts for FUDDING, and like to mislead people by starting and commenting ONLY to subjects related to XSPEC... kinda funny.. and sad..

This guy was pissed as fuck as there was no airdrop for XSPEC, and when people started to correct him on his behaviour he changed account...again haha

If you read my replies carefully, you'll see that I gave shit to Deep Onion too.

But anyway, I don't care, think what you want, and you look like a guy who doesn't like facts Smiley
So, to the broken promises to make 1.4 code public soon on github, just to add a fact on this:

Fun he wrote I would have found that suspicious, and he didn't do anything for 21 days Smiley

We said time will tell, and time is starting telling things... I've got a few other screens of stuff that jbg said he would have done and he never did, will post soon, it's getting fun! Smiley
Activity: 158
Merit: 20
So, to the broken promises to make 1.4 code public soon on github, just to add a fact on this:

Fun he wrote I would have found that suspicious, and he didn't do anything for 21 days Smiley

We said time will tell, and time is starting telling things... I've got a few other screens of stuff that jbg said he would have done and he never did, will post soon, it's getting fun! Smiley

This guys looks ALOT (i mean a fucking LOT) like that Deep Onion guy, who has multiple accounts for FUDDING, and like to mislead people by starting and commenting ONLY to subjects related to XSPEC... kinda funny.. and sad..

This guy was pissed as fuck as there was no airdrop for XSPEC, and when people started to correct him on his behaviour he changed account...again haha
Once jbg said that he was visiting Bryce in the Arctic.. but of course you need to trust what jbg says again Wink
Activity: 12
Yes, Brycel did speak to the community, he is located in the Arctic.
Is he/she native to that country or moved somewhere else?
And do you mean "arctic" something like Alaska or Russia?
Thanks for the clarification. I need to change "never" to "once in almost six months".
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
It does not matter whether brycl exists or not when releases are happening, perhaps he's trying to shift the blame on someone else for this controversial cryptocurrency which has illegal implemented tech and you are just too naive to understand why. Although this is not even the case as Bryce has spoken with the community.
Again, false, Bryce has never spoke with the community. Stop spreading misinformation, or bring some facts instead.

Hate to break it to you, but you are the one spreading the misinformation on this one.  I personally witnessed Bryce's interaction with the community, on Slack last year.  I know of only one instance where he was active on Slack, but he (or someone with his Slack account) definitely spoke with the community on at least one occasion.
Jbg is releasing 1.4 in Feb, it is Feb 15th. A bit early on your update.  
He said he was making the code of 1.4 public soon, and he didn't.

Jbg has been active everyday in discord, you are not. He has most certainly not disappeared. He gave an update about 1.4 being released on schedule at the end of this month 2 days ago. There are moderators such as myself who speak with him directly.
false, to quote one moderator:
yeah jbg has been a bit inactive the last few days, not sure what is wrong. Maybe he's still not feeling well
Maybe you should be a bit more active on discord Wink

It does not matter whether brycl exists or not when releases are happening, perhaps he's trying to shift the blame on someone else for this controversial cryptocurrency which has illegal implemented tech and you are just too naive to understand why. Although this is not even the case as Bryce has spoken with the community.
Again, false, Bryce has never spoke with the community. Stop spreading misinformation, or bring some facts instead.

The price is crashing? Look at chart and the Books on Cryptopia? The support barrier is at 15K stats (this was the previous all time high!) Im sorry you were stupid enough to buy at an All time high.

Mah, not sure this deserve even an answer.

Stop bringing up your thread. Its dead.

So why are you replying  Huh

Theres a green circle in Discord, this means online. JBG has been online and his last message was very positive.

Yes, Brycel did speak to the community, he is located in the Arctic. I know much more about this project than you. You are spreading misinformation.

Im replying to protect potential investors from people like yourself spreading misinformation about a wonderful project. Now that this information is published, those can interpret it as they wish. Good luck with your accusations. For the record you should grow some balls and post from the account you made your other failed scam accusations from.

#prayforbryce
Yes, Brycel did speak to the community, he is located in the Arctic. I know much more about this project than you. You are spreading misinformation.

Bring some facts, and not what you mis-heard from people, and we can discuss on something. Otherwise you're just wasting your time, and bumping my dead thread Wink Thanks for that.
Activity: 520
Merit: 123

Jbg has been active everyday in discord, you are not. He has most certainly not disappeared. He gave an update about 1.4 being released on schedule at the end of this month 2 days ago. There are moderators such as myself who speak with him directly.
yeah jbg has been a bit inactive the last few days, not sure what is wrong. Maybe he's still not feeling well

The price is crashing? Look at chart and the Books on Cryptopia? The support barrier is at 15K stats (this was the previous all time high!) Im sorry you were stupid enough to buy at an All time high.

Theres a green circle in Discord, this means online. JBG has been online and his last message was very positive.

Im replying to protect potential investors from people like yourself spreading misinformation about a wonderful project. Now that this information is published, those can interpret it as they wish. Good luck with your accusations. For the record you should grow some balls and post from the account you made your other failed scam accusations from.

Activity: 520
Merit: 123
A quick update after a few weeks of my post:

- jbg promise to make 1.4 public: undone.
- active public development in the last 17 days: 1 commit
- proofs that jbg is actively working full-time: still none
- proofs that Bryce is actively working full-time or even exists: still none

I have been chatting with a few people, one told me that jbg said to him that he has 25 years of experience. This is not exaggerating anymore, this is lying.

Also jbg has disappeared from chat, he gave only a quick update saying 1.4 is on track for end of Feb. My guesstimate is that it will not happen, and if any 1.4 will happen, it will be very little work.

Price is also crashing.

A quick update after a few weeks of my post:

- jbg promise to make 1.4 public: undone.
- active public development in the last 17 days: 1 commit
- proofs that jbg is actively working full-time: still none
- proofs that Bryce is actively working full-time or even exists: still none

I have been chatting with a few people, one told me that jbg said to him that he has 25 years of experience. This is not exaggerating anymore, this is lying.

Also jbg has disappeared from chat, he gave only a quick update saying 1.4 is on track for end of Feb. My guesstimate is that it will not happen, and if any 1.4 will happen, it will be very little work.

Price is also crashing.
#prayforbryce
Pages:
Jump to: