Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I chose not to invest in SpectreCoin (XSPEC) now - page 7. (Read 2225 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 8
This was my exact sentiment after reading the OP.  It was nice research but ultimately nothing that alarming. I’m sure  if you perform the same research on the team of any coin you’ll find red flags worse than this on 95 percent of them.

You're right, XSPEC is better than stuff like DeepOnion or Verge. The thing is, I would never invest into these last 2 as it's really clear from the very first second that they are bad. It's not so clear and so easy to find from XSPEC, and after I found out some discrepancies, I became doubtful and curious, thus my original post. Just shared my own research, everyone can judge for himself after, I have no interest whatsoever.

jbg said code for 1.4 will be available next week or so (who knows why not now, in a public branch other than master?).

As said, time will tell.
Activity: 520
Merit: 123
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
you made some good points, which some of them have been discussed on slack channel.
really don't understand why does it matter whats the jbg history,in short period that he is working on this project what he promised he delivered.
Anyways you didn't say anything new that should concern people who did their research.they know its gamble thats why mc is 60mil not 600mil...
you don't like to gamble you find is suspicious thats fine i respect that.lets wait for 1.4realease so we can see what are we dealing with,and q2 is not far along either so given previous expirience i will ride along and see how the project is progressing.I don't think almost 1 year of manipulating people to earn few thousands dollars from staking is worth it for jbg or for anyone
time will tell

This was my exact sentiment after reading the OP.  It was nice research but ultimately nothing that alarming. I’m sure  if you perform the same research on the team of any coin you’ll find red flags worse than this on 95 percent of them.
I heard a lot of that project was a scam and I've joined on the airdrop project. but until now I still do not find the exchanges on the token.

One reason might be that your looking in the wrong place, same as you are posting on the wrong thread.

Thanks for the post, OP! Super interesting.

Kinda interested in the conversation, would be cool if you could share it - but I understand if you'd rather keep it private. Wink

User 'skelethon' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting.

Could you tell, which country (or part of Europe) jbg is living? I tried to pm you, but you don's take messages from newbies.

I have enabled it now, even though I will not disclose anything about his identity. I respect his choice of being anonymous.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Thanks for the post, OP! Super interesting.

Kinda interested in the conversation, would be cool if you could share it - but I understand if you'd rather keep it private. Wink
Activity: 105
Merit: 2
I heard a lot of that project was a scam and I've joined on the airdrop project. but until now I still do not find the exchanges on the token.
Activity: 520
Merit: 123
A simple google search will give you this information. You will also find in that same search that jpg has been working with easier ways to transact money back in 2007.  Wink
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
As a listed member of the Spectrecoin team I really appreciate this post.  It's thorough and raises good questions that people should be asking when it comes to crypto currencies.  JBG is upfront about these issues if you ask him.  AFAICT he is still dedicated to the project.
Activity: 5
I am full invested in XSPEC, it is a good coin and the dev team is capable. I am sure it will do very well in 2018. Grab coins at this good price before it is too late. And then hold it.
Activity: 99
I have invested 2k in this counter as I believe I would make some money based on what I know about it. I think investing  in cryto currency carries certain amount of risk ,as long I think the reward / risk is in my favour , I am comfortable holding it.
Activity: 90
Based on all my findings, as well as a raw view of the coin’s financial situation, is it clear to me that Spectrecoin (XSPEC) is the privacy coin I want to invest in now. On a technological standpoint, it is impressive compared to the other five big coins. With it’s tiny market cap and steady growth, I feel the potential here is huge for both the short to medium run, and of course, the very long run, where it is important, in my opinion, to be able to achieve some level of privacy in this crypto circus we dwell in.
Activity: 133
It is PoSv3 so its rather fast - 60 sec transactions - It has got stealth addresses that make your transactions go throught separate uncorelated addresses
It will feature Ring Signatures from v1.5 on, that makes your digital signature of transaction signed by a person of a specific pool - It is first ever coin (cept scam ICO TokeyPay totally copied our wallet from github with only changing logo) that has got TOR with OBFUScation4 integrated natively into an opened client. It makes your traffic appear as a normal one to a provider or whoever looks(instead of looking like TOR traffic)
It has got encrypted chat function which is a big deal for privacy (would be more easy to use in v1.4)
Activity: 107
you made some good points, which some of them have been discussed on slack channel.
really don't understand why does it matter whats the jbg history,in short period that he is working on this project what he promised he delivered.
Anyways you didn't say anything new that should concern people who did their research.they know its gamble thats why mc is 60mil not 600mil...
you don't like to gamble you find is suspicious thats fine i respect that.lets wait for 1.4realease so we can see what are we dealing with,and q2 is not far along either so given previous expirience i will ride along and see how the project is progressing.I don't think almost 1 year of manipulating people to earn few thousands dollars from staking is worth it for jbg or for anyone
time will tell
Activity: 12
Could you tell, which country (or part of Europe) jbg is living? I tried to pm you, but you don's take messages from newbies.
only trying to help Wink
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
Thanks for your research and for sharing some valuable info, gunner833!

Indeed crypto world is full of smart people some of which are trying to scam others. That's why we need a place like this, bitcointalk, where it's possible to see from the replies to any ANN thread, whether a project worth investing or not.

Talking about Spectrecoin, I personally would never invest in a coin presented on as few as 4 markets, one of which, Bisq, has $5k daily trading volume. But that's me, I usually avoid taking risks, and maybe that's why I'm not rich still. )
Sold my sterling coins a month ago. And glad I did it.

Sterling? LOL. You might misread things. That's also why you bought DeepOnion I guess  Grin
Activity: 37
Sold my sterling coins a month ago. And glad I did it.

I also found some threads on Reddit if i recall correctly that went through the revolving door of developers or team members at xspec.

could you post a link of this one please? I am curious to read about it Smiley
Are you are crypto developer yourself or could you develop a coin similar to this if you wanted to?

Not that this question relates to your post. I have no interest in xspec.

I could try if I had donations in the order of 6k$/month too. Wink
Pages:
Jump to: